Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I'll admit I rarely look at ESPN or go to their web pages. Do they regularly pay attention to any NASCAR issues of importance, or is Jr. in the booth the high point of their coverage this season?
Bob Pockrass is employed by ESPN, and he is the dean of the Nascar press corps. He is the hardest working, most reliable reporter on the daily beat, one who has a deep understanding of the sport and most of its issues, and rarely resorts to excited over-hype. He also understands basic business reporting, so his articles delving into Nascar business issues generally avoid the huge blunders often seen from other reporters.

ESPN also owns Jayski. Other than Pockrass and Jayski, ESPN may not do much, but I'm thankful for both resources.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...ex-wife-nicole-lunders-250k-violating-privacy

I have watched this case for a while now and haven't seen it mentioned here. a number of gossipy things. why did biffle put in cameras in his own house? inadvertently he captured some monkey business taking place. Now he is suing the "other" guy for alienation of affection.

the other interesting thing is the legal angle of this. biffle actually took a deal and allowed conviction on the puntitive damages even though the jury was hung. This allowed for a total damage award of $250k. and in so doing kept the case from being retried.

looks like both of them are pretty upset at one another.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...ex-wife-nicole-lunders-250k-violating-privacy

I have watched this case for a while now and haven't seen it mentioned here. a number of gossipy things. why did biffle put in cameras in his own house? inadvertently he captured some monkey business taking place. Now he is suing the "other" guy for alienation of affection.

the other interesting thing is the legal angle of this. biffle actually took a deal and allowed conviction on the puntitive damages even though the jury was hung. This allowed for a total damage award of $250k. and in so doing kept the case from being retried.

looks like both of them are pretty upset at one another.
Biffle had the smarter lawyer for sure. $250,001. Gets the wife on adultery and the stud as well. He should make a profit on the whole deal and no alimony. :D

NASCAR chiefs to attend Supercars OTR SuperSprint
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/08/22/nascar-chiefs-to-attend-supercars-otr-supersprint/
.@NASCAR's execs going to Australia's @TheBend_MSP this weekend are likely looking into, among other things, @Supercars' team model approach.
2796.png
NASCAR is working with its teams to improve their model, and Supercars has been suggested as a series whose model should be examined.

NASCAR chiefs to attend Supercars OTR SuperSprint
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/08/22/nascar-chiefs-to-attend-supercars-otr-supersprint/
.@NASCAR's execs going to Australia's @TheBend_MSP this weekend are likely looking into, among other things, @Supercars' team model approach.
2796.png
NASCAR is working with its teams to improve their model, and Supercars has been suggested as a series whose model should be examined.
There's not a whole lot of detail in the linked article. I wonder what supports the 'likely looking into' speculations and who made the 'suggested' suggestion.

" A cool $3 million, plus $7.10 in shipping."

TRL, when your bid wins, I'll be happy to take care of the shipping charges for you. :p

I cant believe that there are just 12 races left, this season has flown by it feels like.

Can you even see the race from that thing?
Ever been to Martinsville? You most assuredly can see from there. It looks like a terrific view of the track.

And for $220 less (give or take), I can sit just below them with almost the same view and let their tower put me IN THE SHADE.

Austin Dillon looks just like his father everytime I see him I think it's 1998 and I'm at Dover watching the #72 Detroit Gasket car

Rice burners have no shame.:p budding millennial's don't know the difference.."is that a new i phone name" Hondayota?

I went the other way because Honda plastered theirs in huge letters. probably right over the top of Toyota if it had been on the trunk.

Back
Top Bottom