Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

FS1 hates NASCAR. US Women's Amateur Golf crapfest INSTEAD of Race Hub?

Actual competition should always trump talking heads.

No. "Actual competition" takes too many forms for your statement to make any sense whatsoever.

If someone wants to watch other sports -- then go watch other sports. I like NASCAR coverage more than Golf, Cricket, Badminton, Tennis, etc. There are competitions around the globe at every hour of the day, so by your logic they should "trump" any show with "talking heads".

This sucks for Matt
f0a60cb6cd35ff4c553db0afbfe9d15a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

^ there have been some guys who have had a great career in Xfinity as a full time driver. Problem is they need their own sponsors. Matt needs to get out there and get that part of the job done.

I didn't know about all this.

Denny Hamlin hopes teams don’t shoot selves in feet with pit guns
“(Bristol) puts probably some of the biggest loads we have on our tires. Truth be told, over the last two years since we’ve had these guns issued to us, they’re not capable of getting all the wheels tight, they really aren’t.

“It’s a lottery whether you get a gun that’s good enough to get ‘em tight. Through JGR, Stewart-Haas and other teams that have documented it, in the spring race there were over 20 loose wheels. This is not just a team thing. It’s just that the equipment is not quite up to par as far as what it’s capable of.

“(Bristol) puts probably some of the biggest loads we have on our tires. Truth be told, over the last two years since we’ve had these guns issued to us, they’re not capable of getting all the wheels tight, they really aren’t.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...eams-dont-shoot-selves-in-feet-with-pit-guns/

I didn't know about all this.

Denny Hamlin hopes teams don’t shoot selves in feet with pit guns

“It’s a lottery whether you get a gun that’s good enough to get ‘em tight. Through JGR, Stewart-Haas and other teams that have documented it, in the spring race there were over 20 loose wheels. This is not just a team thing. It’s just that the equipment is not quite up to par as far as what it’s capable of.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...eams-dont-shoot-selves-in-feet-with-pit-guns/
May be moot soon...
In making the switch to 18-inch tires with the Gen 7 car, NASCAR also is considering the use of a single lug nut to secure wheels. That would be another step toward bringing NASCAR in line with IndyCar, whose common chassis by Dallara has been pushed by team owners Roger Penske and Chip Ganassi (whose teams compete in both series) as a model for the Gen 7 on cost-savings components.

The move to a single lugnut (from the current five-lugnut wheel) could be viewed as a safety enhancement by greatly reducing the possibility of loose wheels, but it also would overhaul the dynamics of pit stops and likely de-emphasize the importance of tire changers.

https://www.jayski.com/2019/08/19/single-lugnut-on-gen-7-cars/

Mario is pacing the Roval
Legendary Racer Mario Andretti Named Honorary Pace Car Driver for Bank of America ROVAL™ 400

"Mario played an instrumental role in helping make the ROVAL™ into the showpiece it is today," said Marcus Smith, the president and CEO of Speedway Motorsports, Inc. "He test-drove a high-performance sports car on the course as we were in the process of figuring out what the ROVAL™ could become.

"Even with me in the passenger seat, he hit 177 miles per hour, which is pretty incredible - but it was like a casual Sunday afternoon drive for Mario."
https://www.charlottemotorspeedway....ce-car-driver-for-bank-america-roval-400.html

I'm very confused why people keep talking NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE (like Dale Jr among others) when Gateway brings in a great crowd for IndyCar.

I'm very confused why people keep talking NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE (like Dale Jr among others) when Gateway brings in a great crowd for IndyCar.
'Cause historic tracks are always better than new ones, dontchakno? :rolleyes:

More seriously, I suspect people want to see more short tracks on the schedules. It's tough to compare those two tracks since they have very different layouts.

'Cause historic tracks are always better than new ones, dontchakno? :rolleyes:

More seriously, I suspect people want to see more short tracks on the schedules. It's tough to compare those two tracks since they have very different layouts.

I understand how great short track racing is, but I've hardly ever been let down by races at Gateway. And it's unique of it's own & has a lot of short track 'character'.

I think it deserves a Cup race a lot more than Iowa Speedway based on a lot of factors.

It's weird everybody on social media talked up Nashville and there's still NO plan in place from what I can tell.

I understand how great short track racing is, but I've hardly ever been let down by races at Gateway. And it's unique of it's own & has a lot of short track 'character'.

I think it deserves a Cup race a lot more than Iowa Speedway based on a lot of factors.

It's weird everybody on social media talked up Nashville and there's still NO plan in place from what I can tell.
Shills, it's the NASCAR shills. They control all aspects of social media.
https://racing-forums.com/threads/nascar-directed-shills-on-this-board.67549/

Back
Top Bottom