Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Thought I'd post this here if anybody's interested in the opinions expressed. I thought it was interesting and a lot of things were covered that I had forgotten about. If it's already been posted, apologies in advance. About 20 min...

Thought I'd post this here if anybody's interested in the opinions expressed. I thought it was interesting and a lot of things were covered that I had forgotten about. If it's already been posted, apologies in advance. About 20 min...

Thanks! Nothing good on the Tube -- this has got my interest.

Reactions: Bob

Thanks for posting, this was definitely worth the watch

Seems to suggest that it's being held hostage with a $12 million asking price.

You want a race at NW? Simple, no one buy a ticket at any SMI track until they race there.
Money talks.

You want a race at NW? Simple, no one buy a ticket at any SMI track until they race there.
Money talks.

Good luck with that, although nose/face/spite. It's a shame what happened there. I didn't think much about it at the time. I lived in the country with about three channels on my TV at the time and no internet.

I think the narrator's pitch that the bitter folks in NC would never come back is a bit overstated but I do understand an event fleshing out a whole community for a year of revenue. It was a crusher.

I do understand an event fleshing out a whole community for a year of revenue. It was a crusher.
That's kinda on the community for having all its eggs in one basket. It's the same problem small towns throughout the South encountered when the textile mills started closing. See also plenty of small towns outside the gates of now-shuttered military bases. Or Detroit and the auto industry, for that matter.

Money talks.
Good luck convincing those fans who have come along in the last 20 years that they shouldn't go to the nearby big-market track just so one they've never seen (or heard of?) in the boonies will get a date.

iRacing championship for 100K being broadcast live on nbcsn right now

iRacing championship for 100K being broadcast live on nbcsn right now

I miss Burton, it's difficult to enjoy with just Parker and Letarte playing make believe -- as they comment on and broadcast professional desk jockeys racing their pixels against other geek competitors. :rolleyes:

I miss Burton, it's difficult to enjoy with just Parker and Letarte playing make believe -- as they comment on and broadcast professional desk jockeys racing their pixels against other geek competitors. :rolleyes:

I thought I heard Burton... or I'm imagining things... one geek competitor is a Mail Man wonder how he treats the mail truck on restarts.

I thought I heard Burton... or I'm imagining things... one geek competitor is a Mail Man wonder how he treats the mail truck on restarts.

The kid who won looked pretty emotional with his family -- so I guess that's a good news story.

OFF: 1 Kansas race (ISC), 1 Michigan race (ISC), 1 Texas race (SMI)
ON: Iowa (ISC/NASCAR), Gateway (40K+ for IndyCar, ownership doesn't help), Nashville Fairgrounds (SMI affiliation)
CHANGES: Richmond Doubleheader (& Pocono too), IndyCar/NASCAR doubleheader @ Chicagoland to kick off NBC's races
CHAMPIONSHIP: Ends in late October or early November with less football conflict

Too much NASCAR/Frances (ISC) & Bruton Smith (SMI) politics involved for this to happen? I'm legitimately curious what tracks are on the radar to lose a race.

OFF: 1 Kansas race (ISC), 1 Michigan race (ISC), 1 Texas race (SMI)
ON: Iowa (ISC/NASCAR), Gateway (40K+ for IndyCar, ownership doesn't help), Nashville Fairgrounds (SMI affiliation)
CHANGES: Richmond Doubleheader (& Pocono too), IndyCar/NASCAR doubleheader @ Chicagoland to kick off NBC's races
CHAMPIONSHIP: Ends in late October or early November with less football conflict

Too much NASCAR/Frances (ISC) & Bruton Smith (SMI) politics involved for this to happen? I'm legitimately curious what tracks are on the radar to lose a race.
Can I assume this is a list of what you want to see, not a list of documented impending changes?

Well if Nashville could get the place renovated and a deal in place. A lot of people and SMI seem to want it back pretty seriously.

But yeah, I'll be sending that to the Fan Council this week.

Last edited:
Take it with a grain of salt for now, but the drunken Brian France twitter(and he's been right before) but he was tweeting about a driver who won this year, is a veteran, and has one kid, cheated on his wife with a Monster Girl. He said he was told about it a few months ago by someone, and then four people told him today. So, maybe if it's true something will break soon.

Take it with a grain of salt for now, but the drunken Brian France twitter(and he's been right before) but he was tweeting about a driver who won this year, is a veteran, and has one kid, cheated on his wife with a Monster Girl. He said he was told about it a few months ago by someone, and then four people told him today. So, maybe if it's true something will break soon.

"Win and You're In"...

Meh. Sounds unoriginal. Hasn't this exact same talk come up about Denny Hamlin before?

This is the biggest drama in the sport with 5 races remaining.

We’re doomed.

Reactions: Pat
I feel like at times, there are too many morons in our sport's fanbase.. for one, we have conspiracy idiots accusing NASCAR of race fixing all the time.

Also we have luddites kicking and screaming about hybrids.. when, they should damn well know that our sport has to evolve and change with the times in order to stay relevant (though I fully admit some of the changes were unnecessary) , for ****'s sakes, we were still running carburetors, long after the last car with a carburetor rolled off the factory floor.

Also, let's not forget, these idiots are also incredibly misinformed about hybrid cars. They still have an internal combustion engine, it's just that the ICE is coupled with an electric motor, and they work in unison.

Hell from what I have heard, the next generation engine's ICE component will still be a V8

I feel like at times, there are too many morons in our sport's fanbase.. for one, we have conspiracy idiots accusing NASCAR of race fixing all the time.

:rolleyes:

It sure did work out nice for NASCAR with multiple Cautions and convenient wrecks -- they somehow were able to keep the MPD silver-spooner golden child of NASCAR in the hunt, as well as the defending Champion; whilst booting an un-photogenic and not as popular Keselowski. The latter of which appeared to be in on the game as he "underperformed" throughout the race and conveniently pulled up lame in the final laps.

(tinfoil hat removed) Besides Conspiracy Theories are part of the entertainment package -- enjoy the show.

===

Also we have luddites kicking and screaming about hybrids.. when, they should damn well know that our sport has to evolve and change with the times in order to stay relevant (though I fully admit some of the changes were unnecessary) , for ****'s sakes, we were still running carburetors, long after the last car with a carburetor rolled off the factory floor.

Also, let's not forget, these idiots are also incredibly misinformed about hybrid cars. They still have an internal combustion engine, it's just that the ICE is coupled with an electric motor, and they work in unison.

Hell from what I have heard, the next generation engine's ICE component will still be a V8

They have to develop, implement, and police more rules as well as put additional energy/resources into adding unnecessary appendages and complication to an existing ICE/drivetrain/chassis -- all to replace a detuned ICE for the sake of showcasing an "eco friendly" race-irrelevant technology. And do all the added benefits really offset the additional increase in developing, producing, bringing to market, maintaining, operating, and refining this latest wrinkle in racing propulsion? -- seems like they're not getting the best of both worlds, it appears to be just the opposite.

-- can't wait for the Gen10 windmill powered bamboo Cup car coming to an empty track near you...

:D

Last edited:
This is too big to get my brain around, similar to the Kansas model. Pretty spectacular if they can pull it off for the Atlanta area a 365 day race facility

Back
Top Bottom