Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Feb 10, 2012.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

works for me, big expense cutter without much effort. Some will moan the loss of the top cup teams pit crews working in the Xfinity series, not me and it isn't that many races anyway. It could be pretty interesting because teams would have more time to adjust on the car without losing spots.

3. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

I mean honestly the stages are usually short enough that Green flag stops rarely come up I don't see much difference in doing it like breaks, they have had them in the East and West series.

4. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Losing and gaining spots on pit road is part of the organic nature of the sport tho. Why kill that?

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I'm sure the big money teams won't like it, but smaller teams will not be losing spots every time they pit and they might be able to find locals to pit the car.

6. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Maybe we can explore racing at tracks that don't have 40 pit stalls

7. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

The truck series did not have pit stops for like the first two seasons, if I'm not mistaken.

AdoubleU24, StandOnIt and kkfan91 like this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

They haven't said it is a done deal, but as long as I am guessing, I would say the Truck series at least. The Xfinity series probably has more opposition

acmerocket likes this.
  9. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

the trucks maybe,but the teams use the xfinity series to train pit crews,crew chiefs and others,also the drivers learn from them.

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Most of the big teams use cup teams double duty, and they have to fly then up and back to stand alone races. Could this mean more stand alone races for Xfinity and the trucks now that they have got a solution that makes it easier to do so?

11. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Whew this looking like Byron and Erin and:

13. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses.

I don't really care one way or the other, but do it the same way every week for every race in a series. Do it for all races, like the Trucks did originally, or don't change anything.

14. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Well the truck series still doesn't have pit stops in that context...at Eldora. :)

Kiante likes this.
  15. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Nascar is posting throw back races on YouTube. Here's a pretty good one at Wilkesboro

Truex_rox, 2 Sweet and Pat like this.
  17. *WEAVER*

*WEAVER* Team Owner

The HD quality on those sure makes it more fun to watch.

2 Sweet likes this.
  18. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

Wow thanks for posting I didn’t see this yet. I’d so pay for a streaming option to watch old races but in better quality picture wise like this one is. I have something to watch when I get home later!

2 Sweet likes this.
  19. Whiskyb

Whiskyb Team Owner

The announcing of that race is spot on. Very enjoyable

StandOnIt and 2 Sweet like this.
  20. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Gragson is prettay good on the twitters

Truex_rox and Charlie Spencer like this.
  21. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

A Pepto pink race car already hurts my eyes

Turtle84 likes this.
  22. DewChaser988

DewChaser988 NASCAR fan since 1998

If NASCAR plays their cards right, the 2020s could be a decade of resurgence for the sport, while I don't think the sport will ever get back to where it was in the 2000s, at the very least, it could be back to where it was 8 years ago in terms of popularity

23. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Hmmm, shill alert is starting to flash.

Sounds like a NASCAR talking point -- were you on the distribution list?

If Jeff & Junior start parroting this, we'll know one of the NASCAR moles in R-F. :)

24. Charlie Spencer

Let me know how being on the Naughty list works out for you next week.

25. DewChaser988

DewChaser988 NASCAR fan since 1998

Don't call me a shill, I have been very critical of the dumb decisions NASCAR has made over the years.

26. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

"decade of resurgence" --

that is one kick ass marketing slogan going into the "20's" of our lifetime. Be proud.

NASCAR talks changing cars, schedules, demographics, sponsorship model, venues, rules -- all with content development and distribution contracts looming. Same as it ever was, and inevitable.

The show for me is between the Green Flag and Victory Lane -- Daytona 500 thru the checkered flag of the season ending race.

The Social Scene of NASCAR is mostly a cringey side show distraction -- and the overly optimistic industry speak of the usual NASCAR shill mouthpieces and talking heads is all part of the same marketing circus.

27. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Just watch / enjoy the races.

Seems simple enough.

28. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

29. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Darlington to “Celebrate NASCAR’s Champions…Past, Present, and Future” for throwback weekend

There are 33 different NASCAR Cup Series Champions that have won 71 total championships since 1949. Drivers with multiple championships include: Richard Petty (7 championships), Dale Earnhardt (7), Jimmie Johnson (7), Jeff Gordon (4), Lee Petty (3), David Pearson (3), Cale Yarborough (3), Darrell Waltrip (3), Tony Stewart (3), Herb Thomas (2), Tim Flock (2), Buck Baker (2), Joe Weatherly (2), Ned Jarrett (2), Terry Labonte (2) and Kyle Busch (2). Seventeen drivers have one championship each.

Additionally, there were 19 years in which the NASCAR Cup Series champion won one or more Darlington races in the same year.

In the NASCAR Xfinity Series, 29 different drivers have won the series’ championship since 1982. Drivers with multiple championships include: Jack Ingram (2), Sam Ard (2), Larry Pearson (2), Randy LaJoie (2), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2), Kevin Harvick (2), Martin Truex Jr. (2), Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (2) and Tyler Reddick (2). Twenty drivers have one championship each.

https://www.jayski.com/2019/12/18/d...ast-present-and-future-for-throwback-weekend/

Pat likes this.
  32. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Champions of the "future"...solidifying conspiracy theories I guess.

33. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

34. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

35. Charlie Spencer

Tough to argue with that one

StandOnIt likes this.
  36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Hamlin at the 1:30 mark I lost it. :D:D

37. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

so alot of ARCA racings are on mavtv,can i buy just mavtv.?? i have dish and they dont have it.

38. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

TikiLive is like $6.99 and has MAVTV. Or Lucas Oil Racing TV but I think you have to pay the full $99 yearly membership instead of monthly to get MAVTV.

acmerocket likes this.
  39. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

thank you i will ck it out

40. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner