Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Neat chart. You can see the change as guys went full time how it takes awhile to have new winners. Plus the Petty, Pearson, Yarborough Era in the 60s and 70s.
FB_IMG_1647374721358.jpg

Can someone explain why Spire is being penalized? Yes, I read the article, but don't understand how you can keep a wheel from coming off or how was it not properly installed.
https://www.speedsport.com/nascar/nascar-cup-series/nascar-suspends-three-spire-crew-members/
-PAXP-deijE.gif
Spire lost a wheel because it wasn't fastened properly. The jack man was penalized because he is responsible for making sure everything is tight before dropping the jack and the crew member who didn't get the wheel tight is also penalized. The crew chief is penalized according to the rule also. It's a big penalty, always has been.

Spire lost a wheel because it wasn't fastened properly. The jack man was penalized because he is responsible for making sure everything is tight before dropping the jack and the crew member who didn't get the wheel tight is also penalized. The crew chief is penalized according to the rule also. It's a big penalty, always has been.
Ok, so I can see where this makes sense previously where teams intentionally were not tightening all lug nuts to get an advantage. No CC or tire changer is going to intentionally not tighten a single lug nut. They need to rethink the penalty and should have before nailing Spire. I wonder if we would have the same call if it were JGR, HMS or Penske?

I had to google Carl Kiekhaefer. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember (or likely just didn't know) who he was. Reading through his wikipedia page and this made me laugh.....

In 1927 he briefly worked as a draftsman by Evinrude Motors before being fired for "...frequent, disquieting and brazenly insubordinate arguments concerning design and product development...".

Lots of interesting stuff in here......

Kiekhaefer set that record with a big money team in an era where big money teams were few and far between. HMS won theirs under much closer competition. Interesting record none the less IMO.

1647883619937.png

Kiekhaefer set that record with a big money team in an era where big money teams were few and far between. HMS won theirs under much closer competition. Interesting record none the less IMO.

View attachment 62284

Either way it definitely seems Hendrick hasn't lost anything from last season with the new car.

I was glad to see Ross Chastain get his first win. I’ve been pulling for him and Tyler Reddick for 3 or 4 years. That makes 4 top 3 finishes for Ross in 4 races. i wonder how much talk there is in the garage area about his car? Will this car be taken to the NASCAR R&D center? Just curious?

I was glad to see Ross Chastain get his first win. I’ve been pulling for him and Tyler Reddick for 3 or 4 years. That makes 4 top 3 finishes for Ross in 4 races. i wonder how much talk there is in the garage area about his car? Will this car be taken to the NASCAR R&D center? Just curious?

They made enough money last week, no need to do more work.
Of course they have to wait and see if they can sneak this by the appeal.

Unlike the previous penalties for losing a wheel the jackman and tire changer does not appear to be suspended. Consistency?
It would be great if someone could explain what the team did wrong and how the lost wheel could have been avoided.

Unlike the previous penalties for losing a wheel the jackman and tire changer does not appear to be suspended. Consistency?
It would be great if someone could explain what the team did wrong and how the lost wheel could have been avoided.
four-race suspensions to 23XI racing crew chief Robert “Bootie” Barker and crew members Caleb Dirks (jack) and Adam Riley (rear-tire changer).

Back
Top Bottom