Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Truckraceca.jpg
One of the great things about the track at Fontana is the view!

SNOW@CA.JPG

Matt Kenseth will run with Ford EcoBoost as his sponsor this week. Kenseth is still unsponsored for about 18 races this year. That's hard to believe.

I'd go to any track at least once.

But the only reason I go twice per year is that it's a 50 minute driver from my house. No way in hell will I miss the chance to see live NASCAR racing so close to home. Even the most boring day at MIS with my son is better than any day watching the race at my house.

I liked Michigan, I went to the race where Johnson and Biffle ran out of gas in the last 2 laps and Martin got the win. I also ate at a great smoked bbq place, it's a tiny place that's not to far from the track, Richard Childress and Clint Bowyer actually came in and ate there while I was at my table. You know it's good food if those guys come in there. I'd highly recommend it but I can't think of the name at the moment.

Dover is the same way for me, it's one of the 2 closest tracks for me. I can make it to either in 2 to 3 hours. Pocono is the other but it's not a great place to see a race. Even if you sit towards the top you can barely see anything from turn 1 to turn 3 unless you have a pair of binoculars and even then it's eh but I did get to see Tony Stewart win his first points Cup race in his own car there. Turn 4 in Dover is where I always sit and I always make at least 1 of the 2 races. I've been skipping the first race the last few years cause it's too hot for me most of the time lol

Of all the issues in the world people put sooooo much into an animated gopher.

While I do hate Digger the commercials are a far larger issue. We can't get 10 laps from Fox before it's off to another commercial.
Thats true its been bad this year, I just don't get the Digger stuff personally.

YEP! And I agree with everything that was written. But FOX still chooses to have a useless and needless anchor team for their broadcasts (as does every other network for some unknown reason) aside from the professionals in the booth. I don't get it, but...

And DIGGER has been notably absent after the Clusterfrak that was Daytona - and that's a GOOD thing!

BTW, FB, this is an opinion - or maybe an observation. It is not a complaint...

I think you should stop watching nascar until you can enjoy it without all the bellyaching. :D

YEP! And I agree with everything that was written. But FOX still chooses to have a useless and needless anchor team for their broadcasts (as does every other network for some unknown reason) aside from the professionals in the booth. I don't get it, but...

And DIGGER has been notably absent after the Clusterfrak that was Daytona - and that's a GOOD thing!

BTW, FB, this is an opinion - or maybe an observation. It is not a complaint...
I kinda liked digger. But I also liked Alvin and the chipmunks.:)

During SPEED's NASCAR Live on Saturday, John Roberts and Hermie Sadler mentioned that Sadler would run the #33 Richard Childress Racing Chevy in the Sprint Cup Series race at Martinsville Speedway next weekend, April 1.(3-24-2012)

Yes that's Hermie Sadler......

Will he have to S&P as well?

Jeff Gordon 25th in points after 5 in. Who would have guessed that?

the Inconsistencys at Hendricks have completely baffled me the past couple years and look at how they stand now.
Earnhardt Jr. 3rd
Tony Stewart 4th
Jimmie Johnson 8th-----Congrats again on the Comeback.
Ryan Newman 10th
Then there's
Jeff Gordon 25th
Kasey Kahne 28th

Could it all be Bad Luck?

the Inconsistencys at Hendricks have completely baffled me the past couple years and look at how they stand now.
Earnhardt Jr. 3rd
Tony Stewart 4th
Jimmie Johnson 8th-----Congrats again on the Comeback.
Ryan Newman 10th
Then there's
Jeff Gordon 25th
Kasey Kahne 28th

Could it all be Bad Luck?

Of course it could be.

What do Joey Logano, Paul Menard, Bobby Labonte & Regan Smith all have in common?

Highlight for the answer =====> They're all kicking Jeff Gordon's a$$ in the points right now. <=====

The Nationwide Race at Fontana had one very interesting element. There were 4 white and blue Chevrolets that were painted with the same scheme. The cars looked pretty nice on the grid. Only one had any sponsorship but all 4 cars (40, 42, 46. 47) were listed as Curtis Key Plumbing owned.

Scott Speed (S&P) finished 41st $14K
Josh Wise (S&P) finished 39th $14K
Chase Miller (S&P) finished 38th $14K
Eric Darnell (no S&P) finished 24th $16K

That's $58K total for 4 cars. To me, that doesn't seem like a great investment for Ol' Curtis. Even if you consider that they probably had only 2 haulers and no back-up cars, probably only 1 pit crew, they still had to pay for the cars, getting to California, paying the entry fees, driver salaries, etc.

That's got me all bumfuzzled...:confused:

Bruton..... Take note of this. I wish that I lived closer to this place. One heck of a package to one of the best race tracks left on NASCAR's schedule.....

Martinsville Announces New "Family Four Pack"

The demand for Martinsville Speedway’s “Family Four-Pack” ticket package for Sunday’s Goody’s Fast Relief 500 has been so great that it is no longer available. But another Family Four-Pack ticket package has been implemented in the track’s Sprint Tower, for just $129.

The $129 Family Four-Pack is the most inexpensive way for a family of four to spend the day at Martinsville Speedway and enjoy the Goody’s Fast Relief 500. The package includes two adult tickets and two children’s tickets (age 18 and under) to the Goody’s Fast Relief 500, along with vouchers for four Famous Martinsville Speedway Hot Dogs® and four Pepsi products.

Full story here.

What do Joey Logano, Paul Menard, Bobby Labonte & Regan Smith all have in common?

Highlight for the answer =====> They're all kicking Jeff Gordon's a$$ in the points right now. <=====

Sr fans are still upset about Jeff putting a whipping on Dale Sr for 7 straight season?:confused:

Okay , time to come clean dpk , why would you purposely leave Kurt Busch off of your list? Didn't really want to upset the Gordon fans did you ? Very diplomatic.

Jeff would likely be top 10 in points if not for JR at Bristol and his fuel guy at Fontana.
No doubt had he not bumped into Jr @ Bristol or drug his gas man out of his pit @ Fontana he more than likely would be in the top ten.

Not to worry, we're only five races in. He'll be back in the thick of things soon enough.

Could this be the end of it? Na, probably not.
Court refuses to revive suit by ex-driver Mayfield

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A federal appeals court on Monday refused to reinstate former race car driver Jeremy Mayfield's lawsuit against NASCAR over his 2009 suspension for failing a random drug test at Richmond International Raceway.
A three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled a federal judge did not abuse his discretion in dismissing Mayfield's complaint against NASCAR; its owner, Brian Zachary France; and a drug testing company.

Full story here.

Back
Top Bottom