Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

media

"Juan, that is a jet dryer okay? We aren't suppose to crash into those"

SPEED is reportedly happy with the revamped Trackside program. The network passed along that the show got higher ratings in this format than it ever did in the old style with a large panel discussion. That means Krista Voda, Kyle Petty, Rutledge Wood and Marianela Pereyra will be around for a while.

SPEED is reportedly happy with the revamped Trackside program. The network passed along that the show got higher ratings in this format than it ever did in the old style with a large panel discussion. That means Krista Voda, Kyle Petty, Rutledge Wood and Marianela Pereyra will be around for a while.

Interesting. Most people with whom I post and the people I follow on Twitter seem to dislike the new format.

People are starting to understand that Goofy Kyle and Rut are getting the drivers to let their guard down and be themselves. You hardly ever hear a driver mention his sponsor when those 2 are in charge. It was funny to see Bowyers expression when they told him he had to dance.

I wonder if they could simulate Kasey's spins so they could set up the car for them and keep him off the wall. ;)

TV Ratings: Final numbers from Cup race at PIR. FOX gets 5.6 rating and 12 share for 9.2 million viewers. Most watched event of weekend.

Just saw this: Did you realize Hamlin's win at Phoenix gave the No. 11 a total of 198 Cup wins, matching No. 43 for most Cup wins.

Apparently JR bought Montoya's Daytona 500 car and put it in his "graveyard". I'd love to visit his place.

Can anyway confirm this story, true or false? During a race at Talladega A.Foyt stopped his car on pit road used a portable toilet, returned to his car and finished the race.

I have followed racing since 1971, but I have no memory of this event, only a few references.

Could that date go to a second race @ Vegas? I hope not. :mad:

So, what was it?

According to Wiki, Loudon has an interesting history.

Designed and constructed with no help from engineers. They had quite a few fatalities, so they ran a restrictor plate race in 2000. Jeff Burton won in the first pole to pole win since the 70's. Loudon also ended racing back to the flag under yellow when Jarrett almost got nailed in the door. They were one of the first to have safer barriers and progressive banking. Loudon also has a North Wilks connection.

So, what was it?

Not what I thought at all.

Sorry, here.....

NHMS to Host Global RallyCross Race

Adding an event that features racing with X-Games-type of action and appeal, Speedway Motorsports, Inc. and series officials announced today that the amazing and exciting form of Global RallyCross racing is coming to New Hampshire Motor Speedway on July 14, as part of its July NASCAR weekend.
Featuring a format that’s part time trial, part stunt show and all adrenaline, the series star drivers include Ken Block, Tanner Foust and action sport-NASCAR crossover athletes Travis Pastrana and Brian Deegan. As part of an effort to broaden the relative new sport’s exposure, New Hampshire Motor Speedway is fortunate to be one of four Speedway Motorsports, Inc. race tracks adding GRC racing to its major event weekend lineup.

Full story here.

I figured Bruton was using a Cup event at one of his tracks to promote a non-nascar event at another of his tracks. I was thinking something to do with Indy car.

It's sad that Trevor Bayne will miss the race at his home track this weekend. No sponsor for his Nationwide car and the Wood Brothers aren't entered.

Some random BMS stuff.....

As we drove in by the track yesterday I couldn't help but notice less rv's than usual.

Seeing many of the same people in our campground. Not many newbies so far.

Firewood about $20. Works out to about $10 per fire.

Fuel about 10 cents less per gal here than in western PA.

Used about 40 gal of fuel to tow my 5er down here. Diesel. It's no wonder you see less in the stands than years gone by. And it's not just Bristol that I'm talking about.

Weather's great right now. Possible thunderstorms over the next three days. Scattered. Terms are great here. Now snow! That's a big plus. I wish they'd move this and Martinsville a few weeks later.

Big shout out to Musco Lighting for turning night into day at our campground.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331813915931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331813915931.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 319
I sure hope that the next version is a whole lot better than the last.

Doug Rice - PRN - Voiceovers being recorded in the PRN studios for the new NASCAR video game, should be out in October, new voices!

God I hope so

Weather's great right now. Possible thunderstorms over the next three days. Scattered. Terms are great here. Now snow! That's a big plus. I wish they'd move this and Martinsville a few weeks later.

I take it you are enjoying our east TN weather. Only a very slight chance of rain Saturday and Sunday so all should be well in Thunder Valley.

Everyone always says that NA$$CAR's schedule-makers have really bad luck when it comes to inclement weather on race weekends. Well, here's one they got right!

This weekend's weather forecast for SoCal is WET! WET! WET! And it will probably be georgeous the following wekend when the NA$$CAR Circus comes to town. See y'all at Fontucky!!

I take it you are enjoying our east TN weather. Only a very slight chance of rain Saturday and Sunday so all should be well in Thunder Valley.
For the most part, yes. It's been unseasonably warm for the spring Bristol race this year. We did have a thunderstorm role through yesterday afternoon that claimed the awning on our RV. For lack of a better description, that blows.

A while back I had mentioned in a thread that I'd purchased a package for my son that they called 'Track Laps for Kids'. For $20 they let you take you street car for laps around the track. We did that last night and in the words of Jeff Gordon, that was awesome! We took the laps in our GMC Sierra 2500 HD. Granted, a car would have been better but our car won't haul our RV from western PA to Bristol. The banking is incredible. When you first drive in to the track you have to drive downhill to the apron. I don't know how those hauler drivers do it. They then take you around the track and you form 3 lines of 7 cars on pit road. They then take you out in groups of 7 behind the pace car up on the banking. We were near the back of the pack. At first they go slow and then the pace car picks up speed. We layed back a little and then got really decent runs catching the field. If you ever have the chance to do it, don't give it a second thought, just do it.

Random pics from last nights BMS Track Laps for Kids...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331898712613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331898712613.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 313
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331898753409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331898753409.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 326
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331898788237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331898788237.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331898810253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331898810253.jpg