Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

So interesting news that it looks like the NFL is going to go to an 18-game schedule which would move the Super Bowl to President's Day weekend which is when the 500 has been running the last few seasons. I wonder what NASCAR will do? Personally - I know this will never happen because of stupid network BS but I'd love for it to be the old-school classic day race starting at noon-1 and have them both on the same day. That would never work though because if the race was delayed or ran long there would be overlap. I think what they will do is push the 500 to the following week and run later into the season. They should still run the Clash that day though. Can't see them starting a week earlier.

So interesting news that it looks like the NFL is going to go to an 18-game schedule which would move the Super Bowl to President's Day weekend which is when the 500 has been running the last few seasons. I wonder what NASCAR will do? Personally - I know this will never happen because of stupid network BS but I'd love for it to be the old-school classic day race starting at noon-1 and have them both on the same day. That would never work though because if the race was delayed or ran long there would be overlap. I think what they will do is push the 500 to the following week and run later into the season. They should still run the Clash that day though. Can't see them starting a week earlier.
Could always move it up and give them an off week for the super bowl. I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Screenshot_20240802_111628_Facebook.jpg

I never thought it was a problem for Nascar. It is a problem for stick an ball fans trying to do both.
I presume NASCAR thought it was a problem, at least during the BZF era. Isn't that why they introduced playoffs in the first place, to try to retain viewers when pigskin season started? Maybe NASCAR no longer thinks it's an issue in this era of DVRs and delayed streaming.

I presume NASCAR thought it was a problem, at least during the BZF era. Isn't that why they introduced playoffs in the first place, to try to retain viewers when pigskin season started? Maybe NASCAR no longer thinks it's an issue in this era of DVRs and delayed streaming.
That was one of the rumors. Another is they thought a stick an ball type playoff system would be a big ratings winner. Neither rumor/plan has worked, ratings remained pretty flat, but the point is Nascar contiued to race, stick an ballers continue to complain, and come up with all kinds of nonsensical ideas about scheduling so they can watch their football.

Used something like this (a cut away drawing of a 1969 GN Torino) back in the day (like 1970) to build a race car. Used it as schematic.
Done before computers and clip art, Adobe etc, that illustration was done by hand on a isometric plane. Hand measurements, scaled and transferred over to paper, colored (rendered) and printed. Pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom