Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Do today's car have actual stickers in front of the cameras? I thought the 'sticker' was part of the wrap.
I would not be surprised that everywhere there is a spot on the car that two thickness of the wrap could gain an advantage it is so. Remember the yota bumpers?
Remember when teams were using black paint to fool the inspection tents prying electronic eyes?

Did anyone notice that NASCAR just began hiring staff for Chicagoland Speedway? I wonder what that could mean

Yo, @RacerrecaR

You might be thinking of the Dirt Oval Route 66 Raceway, just west of the Chicagoland Speedway.

It's still going strong.

If not, whatta ya hear, whatta ya know ?

Should NASCAR have series outside the US? Yes. NASCAR should also do a better job of encouraging teams and manufacturers to leveage those series as feeders.

Should the Cup series regularly run outside North America? No. It would cost the teams too much money, and TV ratings suffer for events that don't occur during US viewing times.

Should NASCAR have series outside the US? Yes. NASCAR should also do a better job of encouraging teams and manufacturers to leveage those series as feeders.

Should the Cup series regularly run outside North America? No. It would cost the teams too much money, and TV ratings suffer for events that don't occur during US viewing times.
Wonder what attendance would be for the 11th race of a 14 race season? One offs are great, but not something to build a business model on.

Hmm sure glad F-1 doesn't go anywhere like that. It would ruin their business model.

Hmm sure glad F-1 doesn't go anywhere like that. It would ruin their business model.
That's not a stick-and-ball comparison but it's close.

F1 is built around an international business model. All teams are manufacturer supported; there are no equivalents of 'unchartered' teams trying to make the show. They only run 24 weekends, a third less than Cup. The fields are only 20 cars, not 36-plus. The races are much shorter, with no refueling during pit stops. The tickets are expensive as Hell, and good luck bringing a cooler in. The racing isn't the most competitive. But if you'd like to adopt that model, enjoy the racing. You do enjoy F1 racing, right?

Notice I didn't say NASCAR shouldn't go international, just that Cup shouldn't have multiple events per season outside NA. Run Canadian and Mexican events; anywhere accessible by hauler. I think having to send cars weeks in advance by plane or boat isn't feasible without major changes to the existing model. It sure won't happen during this TV contract.

Reactions: Pat
That's not a stick-and-ball comparison but it's close.

F1 is built around an international business model. All teams are manufacturer supported; there are no equivalents of 'unchartered' teams trying to make the show. They only run 24 weekends, a third less than Cup. The fields are only 20 cars, not 36-plus. The races are much shorter, with no refueling during pit stops. The tickets are expensive as Hell, and good luck bringing a cooler in. The racing isn't the most competitive. But if you'd like to adopt that model, enjoy the racing. You do enjoy F1 racing, right?

Notice I didn't say NASCAR shouldn't go international, just that Cup shouldn't have multiple events per season outside NA. Run Canadian and Mexican events; anywhere accessible by hauler. I think having to send cars weeks in advance by plane or boat isn't feasible without major changes to the existing model. It sure won't happen during this TV contract.
Thanks for the history lesson. A Cup race overseas isn't going to ruin any business model or be any huge changes. They have been shipping race cars on planes for years. No need to push the panic button.

A Cup race overseas isn't going to ruin any business model or be any huge changes. They have been shipping race cars on planes for years
Yep. But as I recall, all four of them weren't for points and didn't occur in the middle of the season.

No panic, just a conversation.

Back
Top Bottom