Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Can someone tell me what we're looking at and what the colors indicate? "Red Bad, Green Good!" doesn't says what's good or bad about them or why NASCAR feels that way about them. What's '571 for resert'?

Colors denote in or out of surface tolerances allowed with the body surfaces. I believe there is a 1/16th/.0625 of an inch plus or minus to be in tolerance. This is all measured from a surface Datum. If you look at the threads previous, you will see a platform that the car is sitting on when it is getting built. Most of the measurements are taken from that surface. I don't know where in the hell they take the side panel measurements off of.

If you look at the threads previous, you will see a platform that the car is sitting on when it is getting built.
Somehow I missed the deployment of this system. I thought NASCAR was still using the lasers.

I saw those other posts but didn't really understand what I was looking at. I didn't know cars were build on a platform. I never gave it much thought, I guess.

Thanks.

I can't wait for a 2000s throwback weekend at Darlington, now that era will make me nostalgic, as that's the era that I first started watching the sport, also will bring back childhood memories

I still blame Teresa for the collapse of DEI. One, she basically sabotaged Dale Jr's 2005 season to help Michael Waltrip, a driver that was going to leave after 2005 anyway, and remember, in 2005, Dale Jr was coming off the best season of his career.. And two, she let Dale Jr walk, instead of giving him what he wanted, since let's not sugarcoat it here, all of the sponsorships Dale Jr. had were what basically kept DEI affloat, without them, DEI went under 2 years later...

Teresa wasn't interested in owning a race team. She always worked on the
side of the business that sold items. Her idea of success was to keep Dale
Senior in the spot light in order to sell items.

Teresa wasn't interested in owning a race team. She always worked on the
side of the business that sold items. Her idea of success was to keep Dale
Senior in the spot light in order to sell items.
Then she should have sold DEI or merged it with RCR. Richard at least, was a close personal friend of Dale's and would have protected his legacy.

Then she should have sold DEI or merged it with RCR. Richard at least, was a close personal friend of Dale's and would have protected his legacy.
I didn't say she was smart. I think she resented Junior and his sister.
Her life was about Dale Sr and her daughter.

Hell, that's more dangerous than driving a Nascar. No wonder she went after a race car driver.

Why not both?
Auto_polo_crop1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_polo

Thinking about all the lugnuts Rick Hendrick could buy with 3 Million dollars. 750,000 lugnuts. That’s a lot of glue.

Did you see what I did there?

Back
Top Bottom