Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

2016 - Year of the seller - The eBay Community

Reactions: Pat
not sure how I feel about this.....

Id think the polish victory lap should be no 1.

good read.
Good read but unless my memory is faulty- and yes that possibility exists- Daytona being the season opener has only existed since around we 1980. I'm pretty sure Riverside used to be the opener, I know I was a kid when we used to go there but I do remember it wasn't long after Christmas LOL!

Good read but unless my memory is faulty- and yes that possibility exists- Daytona being the season opener has only existed since around we 1980. I'm pretty sure Riverside used to be the opener, I know I was a kid when we used to go there but I do remember it wasn't long after Christmas LOL!
1982 was the first year Daytona was the first race. It had previously been the first in the calendar year in a few seasons when the season started in November

Pretty sure personalized driver intros at Bristol don't go back more than 10 or 15 years.

I enjoy flyovers but I wouldn't stop going if they ended.

There you have it folks, the reason the 24 is running as it is. Back in the day when the 48 was on top of their game, Chad was first in and last to leave the shop.
Looks like he has other things to occupy his mind these days. I wonder if the kid will get a contract with HMS? :D

19 drivers were asked a series of six questions. The one that stands out the most to me is the greatest of all time question.

How in the world did Kyle Busch receive 11% of the votes But Jeff Gordon received none? Can someone explain that to me?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

19 drivers were asked a series of six questions. The one that stands out the most to me is the greatest of all time question.

How in the world did Kyle Busch receive 11% of the votes But Jeff Gordon received none? Can someone explain that to me?

The best active driver results seem high to me. MTJ didn't even make the list?

yeah it is what it is. I believe Penske overall has the best team statistically

Question: I often see mention of drivers "buying rides" in the Silly Season threads, how exactly does that work?

Are they just bringing enough sponsorship money to the table that it makes it worth it for the race teams? Or are they literally paying race teams out of their pocket to race their cars?

Question: I often see mention of drivers "buying rides" in the Silly Season threads, how exactly does that work?

Are they just bringing enough sponsorship money to the table that it makes it worth it for the race teams? Or are they literally paying race teams out of their pocket to race their cars?
Sponsorship money.

Still think NASCAR moving the summer Daytona race to August was extremely boneheaded
Under non-COVID circumstances, I'd agree, but probably not for same reasons. I suspect your objections are either weather or tradition. I dislike having a crapshoot pack race as the cutoff.

Didn't miss it; didn't want it. Zaxby's chicken is too salty for me, and I dislike 'Texas' toast and crinkle-cut fries. The fountain drinks aren't bad.
We don't have them up here and after years of seeing that car wreck I thought I'd try it on a trip, wasnt impressed

Back
Top Bottom