Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

This seems like an appropriate time to share one of the funniest photoshop collages I've ever come across...

ERJXF4K.jpg

Yeah, it's all 3
It's well known here how I feel about tradition as a lousy reason to continue doing something, so we probably won't find common ground on that one.

Is the chance of rain that much less in early July as opposed to late August? Sure, the chance of tropical storm is better, but I'm talking about the chance of rain from any source - pop-ups, etc.

19 drivers were asked a series of six questions. The one that stands out the most to me is the greatest of all time question.

How in the world did Kyle Busch receive 11% of the votes But Jeff Gordon received none? Can someone explain that to me?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'm surprised half the field was surveyed and no one thought anyone other than Harvick or Hamlin would win the title.

It's well known here how I feel about tradition as a lousy reason to continue doing something, so we probably won't find common ground on that one.

Is the chance of rain that much less in early July as opposed to late August? Sure, the chance of tropical storm is better, but I'm talking about the chance of rain from any source - pop-ups, etc.
It rains about as often either way. On average about two weeks of rain each month.

Speaking of tradition...run the race at noon or late morning like they used too and you at least double your chance for good weather.

Then why was last week at night instead of a regular time slot if its all about tv revenue
I still can't figure out why they ran mid week and gave me a long layover between races. They should have run 2 last week

I still can't figure out why they ran mid week and gave me a long layover between races. They should have run 2 last week
I originally thought that's what they were doing, just when ya think you have them figured out they pull the rug out from under us

The new hire at work today is/was good friends with Harry Gant, Alan Kulwicki, Ken Schrader, Dick Trickle, and Casey Atwood...among others, plus worked in the pits for USAC and ASA teams. It was really cool to hear stories from the past 40 years that were never told in public.

Does anyone have story recommendations that I could ask him about to see if he has any insight? Btw he mentioned that according to his sources, Road America will be a shoe-in for Cup within 2 years and the hope is to schedule it within a week of the Slinger Nationals.

yeah it is what it is. I believe Penske overall has the best team statistically
Agreed about Penske.

2 guys with a bunch of wins, and another car which, according to Motorsports statistics, has been the fastest car this year in Blaney.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Officially canceled our Darlington trip and plan to reschedule for next year. With so many unknowns not just with the track, but also with what exactly will be open in both North and South Carolina, we just weren't sure whether it would be an enjoyable vacation.
Yeah we just let Dover know that we will push back to next year since no fans

Yeah we just let Dover know that we will push back to next year since no fans

It's frustrating, but it's the world we are living in now. I fully expect Darlington to end up not allowing fans as well. Even if they do allow fans, there is likely to be no pre race entertainment which is always a big part of the experience.

Officially canceled our Darlington trip and plan to reschedule for next year. With so many unknowns not just with the track, but also with what exactly will be open in both North and South Carolina, we just weren't sure whether it would be an enjoyable vacation.
Dude, you do not want to come to South Covidlina.

The new hire at work today is/was good friends with Harry Gant, Alan Kulwicki, Ken Schrader, Dick Trickle, and Casey Atwood...among others, plus worked in the pits for USAC and ASA teams. It was really cool to hear stories from the past 40 years that were never told in public.

Does anyone have story recommendations that I could ask him about to see if he has any insight? Btw he mentioned that according to his sources, Road America will be a shoe-in for Cup within 2 years and the hope is to schedule it within a week of the Slinger Nationals.
Ask him about the controversy surrounding Alan Kulwicki losing his ride a week before the ASA Milwaukee race....and having to throw together a car, engine, and team....Alan won his first Milwaukee ASA race that following week...pretty epic.

That's welcome news. Hats off to Nascar for doing their best to make the show go on in 2020. It's looking more and more like college football ain't gonna happen which is a damn shame and major overreaction imo.

Hmm, could this be a preview of things to come? Taking the advantage of running ringers in the series in order to win the manufacturers championship like what one certain someone has been doing a lot of?

so early to day i was looking at the nascar points page.and next to the drivers name,there were numbers for 1st places ,top 5s and then these numbers,so i go back and look for you,well it happened again the hole dam page is different and these columns are gone,oh well thanks.
where is this? any link? Looked on nascar.com stats didn't see anything.

sorry,iam not going crazy it was on jay ski,s nascar drivers points,i know now that ldr is points behind,but still dont know what nxt is,

Back
Top Bottom