Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

They should have went with the fastest lap times from previous race, and saved everyone the headache.
No, no, the new system is just fine. It's only that they forgot to take into account the soil pH, the height of the tides at green flag time, and which House the Moon is in this month.

That about twice what I pay at Wally for generics.
Live and you learn.

I did NOT want another pair of Kuhmos or Yokohamas, they were a bit harder in compound and after they wear they get kind of wish-washy in the rain. Goodyear was out of my range, so was Firestone/Bridgestone, but GT (General Tire) was a solid price altogether. Not to mention I get rotations, balancing, free replacement (if you run over a nail etc.), TPMS sensor replacement is free as well. So, I just went ahead and took this on the chin as a loyal, but stupid purchase. At the same time, I need the tires because they OEM Kuhmos are garbage. Warranty lasts for 50,000 miles as well.

Wal-Mart, hell I work for them and I had a bad experience the last time I was there. I said screw them altogether when it comes to tires.

Live and you learn.

I did NOT want another pair of Kuhmos or Yokohamas, they were a bit harder in compound and after they wear they get kind of wish-washy in the rain. Goodyear was out of my range, so was Firestone/Bridgestone, but GT (General Tire) was a solid price altogether. Not to mention I get rotations, balancing, free replacement (if you run over a nail etc.), TPMS sensor replacement is free as well. So, I just went ahead and took this on the chin as a loyal, but stupid purchase. At the same time, I need the tires because they OEM Kuhmos are garbage. Warranty lasts for 50,000 miles as well.

Wal-Mart, hell I work for them and I had a bad experience the last time I was there. I said screw them altogether when it comes to tires.
General is a good tire. I've heard a lot of good things about the all terrain from YouTube tests. Same thing, much cheaper than Goodrich KO 2's and Goodyear all terrains and they all seem to be having good luck with them.

daytona arca race,inat nite in the rain,i listen to it on mrn,all the drivers did a great job

Reactions: Pat
Ehh, I wouldn't trust some out of round China tires. Walmart generics are a crapshoot at best. It's one of those things where you get what you pay for IMO.
When I worked at the subaru dealer had a guy who bought a brand called Achillies. 1) why would you name a tire after a guy who died from a puncture wound. 2 I price checked them online sold for like 80 each. They were dead in 15,000 miles

I bought a set one time for an old pick up cheap cheap and they pretty much fell apart within 5000 miles. The had these huge knots popping up on the side walls and they rode like they were square. When I looked, the tires were made in Afghanistan, tire dealer left town when I came back they were already gone. total scam

I just know I haven't had any problems with the four or five sets I've picked up there over the years. I think I usually get at least 25K out of a set, although I don't really pay any attention. I think I just put the fourth or fifth set on the Hyundai, and it's got around 140K.

I don't need off-road, all-terrain, high speed, max load tires. I'm a conservative, easy on the brakes, easy on the gas, speed limited driver who starts coasting as soon as the light turns yellow. I'm probably no fun to ride with. I honestly don't know what criteria I'd use to make a selection anyway. That's probably why I go with whatever's cheapest the day I walk in; I understand price.

Last edited:
Not that I think Dale would of listened
FB_IMG_1597597902407.jpg

Live and you learn.

Good thinking. A sound investment.
This week I paid $1468 NZ pesos for 4 new Bridgestones on my truck. Painfull but good tires.

Back
Top Bottom