Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

some old Jeep sprang a fluid leak in front of me on the freeway earlier, now it's all over my windshield, BLACK FLAG HIM!!

I wonder how many devices they had in use? I never saw any in the stands, just conventional scanners. I had the opportunity to use one once at no charge, but I almost never looked at it; too busy looking at the track.
I have no idea. I got to the point where I didn't bother with the radio scanner.. just live in the moment. So, them going away wouldn't bother me. I think users of the device rent them for the day.

That looks like Highway 50 in Nevada, the "Loneliest Road in America". It's very rarely patrolled by State Troopers and you can see at times bikers going 85 plus, and, of course, the lonely supercar.

Very good in-depth piece.
I was amazed at how many of the shooting crew were academy award winners. Hollywood came with their big guns at the time. And Nascar being Nascar making them qualify the cars or they wouldn't let them in the race.

Watching the 2005 Coke 600 on FS1 currently. Amazing how closely these guys could race when the cars were off the ground. Tons of wrecks as well.

Really shows how much the splitter impacts today’s racing

Back
Top Bottom