Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Not until they come up with a way to recharge an electric car in 2 minutes. Until that happens electric won't work outside of the city/burbs.
They have problems with the recharging stations. There is no standardization of the plugs so even though it says there is a station on the app doesn't make it a sure thing that your car can be charged. Long trips have to be really iffy with that going on.

Not until they come up with a way to recharge an electric car in 2 minutes. Until that happens electric won't work outside of the city/burbs.
Most driving is short runs. Various stats I found just now range from 6 to 12 miles, with estimates that 75 to 95 percent of drives fall in those ranges. Run around all day and plug it in overnight.

Have a second gas-burner for the occasional longer trip, or rent one, until ranges and charging speeds improve.

Most driving is short runs. Various stats I found just now range from 6 to 12 miles, with estimates that 75 to 95 percent of drives fall in those ranges. Run around all day and plug it in overnight.

Have a second gas-burner for the occasional longer trip, or rent one, until ranges and charging speeds improve.
I watched this guy take an older one and bring it up to today's standards. He works on all kinds of eclectic vehicles. It was interesting to watch but he was way over my head getting this one back on the road.

I think Ford's Lightning F150 is pretty impressive and I would have one. The range on it is impressive as are some of the other features. Watch the video and see for yourself. They're only going to get better amd better with these.

Like I said, they work well in the city/burbs but are a problem when you are in rural areas where drive distances are much longer and charging stations are pretty much non existent.

Concerns I have with an electric vehicle is having to upgrade my home electrical system to support quicker charging. A typical 110 outlet is going to be a painfully slow charging process.

We are high mileage drivers and I wouldn't look forward to finding and taking the time to charge our vehicle when out and about and possible long waiting lines.

Right now electric vehicles upfront cost is considerably more than a gas powered car, as much as 25% in some cases.

Is the electrical power grid in the US capable of supporting this kind of demand? We already have rolling blackouts on hot days and in Florida we had rolling blackouts when everyone was trying to run their electric heaters.

We have 1150 watts of solar panels and 400 amp hours of lithium batteries in our trailer and like that better than relying on the power grid. If a solar powered car would be an option, that would certainly peak my interest.

That is a waste of money and space unless you live in the southwest and keep your car outside a garage.

Got any evidence to back that claim up with? Sure the garage would kill any solar production but why would living in the southeast or northeast or Midwest be a problem?

Got any evidence to back that claim up with? Sure the garage would kill any solar production but why would living in the southeast or northeast or Midwest be a problem?
Have you lived in the northeast or midwest? At least where I'm from, you are fortunate to see the sun at all from November-April

Transmission lines ... most of them are already up.

Solar farms out in the desert. Where Phoenix used to be.

@DIDIT. Hyundai has solar panels on the roof of electric car.

That is a waste of money and space unless you live in the southwest and keep your car outside a garage.
The brakes when applied charge also
We have had various hybrids for about 15 years and have seen a remarkable improvement over that time as well as the functionality and charging process. Big fan of hybrids.

From our experience living in Florida solar would definitely work well all year round in the southeast.

Have you lived in the northeast or midwest? At least where I'm from, you are fortunate to see the sun at all from November-April

Yes, I live in the northeast, and have solar panels on my house, they do quite well. Can't see why putting them on a car would change anything.

I can see it now
Poles by front stretch fans
Spraying the gas n rubber smell

NOT

If you own an electric car in my neck of the woods it is powered by clean burning fossil fuels.
Be it coal or natural gas it makes my heart happy to see so many employed because of this growing automotive sector.

Jeff Gordon will serve as honorary starter for night one of the USAC Racing BC39 on Wednesday, August 18 at The Dirt Track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Additionally, Gordon will turn exhibition 'hot laps' in a Clauson Marshall Racing Midget car in front of the crowd, something he hasn’t done in nearly 30 years. “Like so many others, racing on dirt played a huge role in my driving career, so it was very special to get the opportunity to make some laps recently at The Dirt Track at IMS,” Gordon said. “I had forgotten how much fun it was to slide a dirt midget around a quarter-mile dirt track. With the BC39 coming up, it creates a great opportunity to come back and do it again. I’m very thankful to everyone at IMS for making this possible, and I’m excited to be the honorary starter for night one. I’m also thankful to my longtime friend Tim Clauson and Clauson Marshall Racing for providing me a great car to drive. It’s going to be a fun night!”

Bob forgot to edit out NASCARCASMs face...I still don't know who he is
Screenshot_20210815-120912_Twitter.jpg

I watched the Indy race today, not sure why. My opinion of these drivers is that with the amount of intelligence shown to day, most of these drivers would only qualify as S&P drivers in Cup racing.

Back
Top Bottom