Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Nice! My favorite track on the schedule. Miss the track bunches. Miss RVing in that area just as much. Had they not decided to tear down the stands that my wife, kids and I sat in for years in lieu of a Sky Deck/Party Zone we'd probably still be fans of the sport. That was the last straw in a Walmart Mega Party Pack size box of straws. Lots of great memories though.

Here is a picture of a young Charlie Spenser dressed in his ninja suit in search of the elusive three toed Yak.

1649604770834.png

The new Nextgen kits are so close, production is under way, Chases is the first one to get released, I am EXCITED!
Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 11-56-50 Salvinos J R Models Facebook.png

I thought this was interesting. I wonder if they were griping about races being too long 40 years ago.

View attachment 62604
I am assuming this is the average time to run the race. One interesting aspect is the increase in speed from 1980 to 2000, which would account for a shorter time duration of the same length of race. For example the qualifying speed at Michigan in 1980 was 162 mph and in 2000 was 191 mph. That's almost 30 mph faster, which would significantly decrease the time of the race.

I am assuming this is the average time to run the race. One interesting aspect is the increase in speed from 1980 to 2000, which would account for a shorter time duration of the same length of race. For example the qualifying speed at Michigan in 1980 was 162 mph and in 2000 was 191 mph. That's almost 30 mph faster, which would significantly decrease the time of the race.
For sure. I wondered about the increase in number and length of the commercials back when the popular spike occurred

Just wondering who will start the 2023 Daytona 500 pre race thread on November 7th...

Back
Top Bottom