Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Can someone please explain why NASCAR doesn't use playoff points to determine the standings at the cutoff races? Are they only used to determine the standing at the beginning of each playoff segment? Aren't they a better determining factory to how each driver performs over the course of a race or races? I don't understand how a guy like Larson with the 4th most playoff points is eliminated in the round of 8? Thanks

Can someone please explain why NASCAR doesn't use playoff points to determine the standings at the cutoff races? Are they only used to determine the standing at the beginning of each playoff segment? Aren't they a better determining factory to how each driver performs over the course of a race or races? I don't understand how a guy like Larson with the 4th most playoff points is eliminated in the round of 8? Thanks
4 other drivers scored better than him in that round.

^ The reason why I stopped watching Nascar

^ The reason why I stopped watching Nascar
You stopped watching NASCAR because playoff points don't make a champion? If we went by playoff points then chase is the winner and there is no point in running the last 10 races. I honestly don't understand the OPs reasoning.

You stopped watching NASCAR because playoff points don't make a champion? If we went by playoff points then chase is the winner and there is no point in running the last 10 races. I honestly don't understand the OPs reasoning.
People who've "stopped watching NASCAR" always seem to have the most opinions on it.

Still would have preferred a Friday Night Truck race on FS1 but I guess the track probably wants a doubleheader on Saturday.

1666700926009.png

People are acting like this is news when they announced it with the 2022 schedule with a TBD well they D-ed it

The South Carolina 400 was formerly known as the Myrtle Beach 400, a race that took place at Myrtle Beach Speedway. This year is the 30th anniversary of the event. Florence Motor Speedway owner Steve Zacharias formerly served as general manager at Myrtle Beach Speedway. Zacharias purchased Florence after Myrtle Beach closed in 2020 with the goal of making it a premier destination for racers across the country.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will compete in the event, which also features many of the top drivers in grassroots racing. The South Carolina 400 will air live and exclusive on FloRacing.

“We are extremely grateful for the commitment from NASCAR and FloRacing to make the South Carolina 400 even bigger and better than ever,” Zacharias said. “Florence Motor Speedway is a premier destination for short track racing, and we can’t wait to showcase it to the world on FloRacing and to the fans in attendance on Nov. 18-19.”

Fifty-two cars entered the South Carolina 400 in 2021 and more are expected this year. Past winners at Florence Motor Speedway include Earnhardt Jr., Joe Nemechek, John Hunter Nemechek and Josh Berry.

“Grassroots racing is a huge passion of mine and I’m honored to support the South Carolina 400,” said Earnhardt Jr. “I grew up competing at Florence and have been looking forward to taking the wheel there again against some of the best short-track racers in the world.”

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. is entered for next months Charlie Powell Memorial South Carolina 400 @ Florence.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat

Impressive field for tonight’s NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race @ Martinsville on FloRacing.

35+ cars and Corey Lajoie, Bobby Labonte, Ryan Newman, Ryan Preece, Joey Coulter, other Whelen Mod and NASCAR regulars entered.

Impressive field for tonight’s NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race @ Martinsville on FloRacing.

35+ cars and Corey Lajoie, Bobby Labonte, Ryan Newman, Ryan Preece, Joey Coulter, other Whelen Mod and NASCAR regulars entered.

I think it's finally time I give in and pay for Flo Racing. I'm already subscribed to pretty much every other streaming service in existence, what's one more :wacko:

I think it's finally time I give in and pay for Flo Racing. I'm already subscribed to pretty much every other streaming service in existence, what's one more :wacko:

Yeah either FloRacing or DirtVision for me soon.

I wish NASCAR would partner with MAVTV (which I do have) for some Whelen Mod races because this field is way more talented than a Truck race. Probably gonna listen on MRN and follow the leaderboard here.

It will wear you out if you are even a luke warm fan of the midgets after the first of the year. They race around 700 mini sprints in the Tulsa Shootout and then over 300 running in the Chili Bowl the week after lol.

you can find the world of outlaws on you tube just a couple of days after they race.they show just the race.but its better than paying for dirtvison, i do have flo and glad to see the chili bowl with be on there.

also all of the supercross and outdoors will be on peacock only and its pretty cheap

Back
Top Bottom