Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

thanks - and I am sure you are right.
I was waiting for somebody to comment on your weight question. Nascar's are heavy for a racecar. The weights are similar from back then to now for the cars. They used the same front and rear suspensions until the Next Gen. I believe the weight is around 3200 pounds ish.

This showed up in my inbox today. These would look nice in any formal living room or house of worship. Retaining wall not included.

Own a piece of history

Auto Club Speedway isn’t issuing tangible tickets this year.
They said I have to print my own.
So…I have 30 items to print, I guess.
WTAF?

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Been doing that for the last couple of years at Portland Raceway. 4 people for 3 days and the same for paddock passes. Indycar and Xfinity races. That's a lot of ink.
There's the option of having it all on my phone but I don't want to take the chance of something going haywire when I'm at the gate.

Been doing that for the last couple of years at Portland Raceway. 4 people for 3 days and the same for paddock passes. Indycar and Xfinity races. That's a lot of ink.
There's the option of having it all on my phone but I don't want to take the chance of something going haywire when I'm at the gate.
Yeah, I have ten seats for both days and pit passes. 🫤

Take screen shots of the tickets on your phone, then they're saved in your gallery. I do this all the time with boarding passes. Never fails if the Delta app is going to go haywire its when I'm in the boarding line.

Don't all tickets just go to your phone nowadays? Haven't been to a race in a while but I don't get a hardcopy of a ticket at MLB games, they just send it to my phone and they scan my phone at the door.

All the tickets are sent to my email. Then I open the pdf and print it. They scan everything at the gate except for the pit passes which are scanned at a booth inside and you're given wrist bands for each day. A real pain. The parking ticket is sent by mail and looks all colorful and official. Not sure how they scan phones but I'm sure many do it that way.
The old days used to be so much easier. A 3-day pass sent to you for the pits and printed tickets.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask, but...

I don't know much about the technical aspects of racing, could someone explain what the "closing rate" is?

The rate at which a following car is gaining speed on a car(s) ahead of it. Exacerbated by new tires vs old ... more / less drag and downforce ... a significant mechanical advantage, etc.

Most obvious during events in which different classes of cars compete at the same time. The Daytona 24 is a recent example.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask, but...

I don't know much about the technical aspects of racing, could someone explain what the "closing rate" is?

Just for an example it is the speed at which the other cars catch up to the idiot here before they all crash

The video shows it from multiple angles

Back
Top Bottom