Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

You know what Dale Jr said he missed in his podcast? A fixed roof cam.

Holy s***! I genuinely did not realize we have not seen a roof cam in years

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You know what Dale Jr said he missed in his podcast? A fixed roof cam.

Holy s***! I genuinely did not realize we have not seen a roof cam in years

I recall a story from the early days of roof cams, although I don't have a source and it may be more legend than fact. It seems someone noticed the Roush #6 had the roof cam housing on the car every week, even when the network didn't have a camera inside. Then someone took one to the wind tunnel and found that what had been assumed to be a disadvantage, wasn't.

I really hope it's true.

I recall a story from the early days of roof cams, although I don't have a source and it may be more legend than fact. It seems someone noticed the Roush #6 had the roof cam housing on the car every week, even when the network didn't have a camera inside. Then someone took one to the wind tunnel and found that what had been assumed to be a disadvantage, wasn't.

I really hope it's true.
Dale Jr posted a picture a little while back of the Bud car with a stack of Bud decals in front of the camera from a race at Talladega, said it helped the aero.

I really hope it's true.
They all eventually figured it out and all of a sudden they had all kinds of antennas and whatever nascar would let them get away with on the roof for a while.

That's upsetting. Tweeted "living the best life, rent free" probably a day before he passed.

For sure, I always looked forward to the content AJ and Tara posted on race weekends and such.

They are a bill in themselves, but pets are truly special. Even on our worst days or best days, we got them and their unconditional love to look forward to.

For sure, I always looked forward to the content AJ and Tara posted on race weekends and such.

They are a bill in themselves, but pets are truly special. Even on our worst days or best days, we got them and their unconditional love to look forward to.
After their last dachshund died around 1990, my parents went 25 years without a dog. Around 2015 they returned from a visit to my sister with Shih Tsu a friend rescued off the highway. About two years later my father commented, "We've laughed so much since we brought that mutt home!"

I was on lunch from work, and this honestly made me tear up. I thought about it for a good 30 minutes.

My fiance and I have two 1 year old cats, been with us for 8 months. They're not siblings, strays who were shipped from Texas to a shelter in MA. We took them home in July. They're best friends.

Our unit got extensive water damage due to our next door neighbor's unit suffering a burst pipe 3 weeks ago. Communication between our property management, the repair work team and us was so so bad. There were 3 separate occasions we thought repairs were happening, which ended up falling through without anyone telling us. Each time, we dropped the cats off at my mother's the night prior, thinking the noise would bother them, even from their bedroom. Relocating so often stressed them out, and when we finally brought them home, they weren't themselves, especially the playful one. The work finally started and we decided to keep them in their bedroom, instead of going to my mother's. They're happier. Travel/relocation is more stressful than a bit of noise.

Point is, they both FINALLY started relaxing and acting like themselves again yesterday, so to see AJ lost his cat, kinda killed me.

9 years ago today, Fox News tweeted their congratulations to Jimmie Johnson for winning his 3rd Daytona 500, apparently unaware their parent company was showing a replay of the 2013 race due to a rain delay. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. would go on to be the actual winner.

4EF82924-B8E9-432A-A135-4B31A327026D.jpeg

One of my fondest memories of The Rock was watching Wahd on 60-lap tires, bouncing the #22 off the turn 2 and 4 walls, over and over and over . Probably not one of his favorites but I'd be willing to bet it was in his mind yesterday.

Oh, look ... it’s Erik Jones ... the guy with the long term contract at Legacy MC.

Back
Top Bottom