Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Sometimes I'm seeing pics or posts by NASCAR drivers/crew or other people that are part of the sport that I find interesting and thought maybe someone else out there may too. I created a thread just to throw out random NASCAR related stuff for your viewing or reading or even listening to pleasure.....

From ESPN's Marty Smith.....

Sad that buy-a-ride carries so much power these days. Brad K made it by skin of his teeth. There'd be no Big E/Harv/JJ with current trend.

NASCAR has conceded the inevitable. Here's the redesigned Harley J. Earl trophy for the 2012 Daytona 500.

5453123703_3fb236d07a.jpg

Ryan Newman's contract is up at the end of the season. Says he'd like to stay at Stewart-Haas but also wished an extension was done already.

Ryan Newman's contract is up at the end of the season. Says he'd like to stay at Stewart-Haas but also wished an extension was done already.

Who is Tony going to get that is better than RYAN? Or wait, it's about money, sorry. Maybe Ryan won't have a job.

I figured it had to be Buddy because of the height but I couldn't recogize him.Mark (the Kid) really looked like a kid.

Check this out..... Yesterday I get an email from Bristol Motor Speedway Charity's 'Track Laps for Kids'. They are allowing fans to take their own vehicles out on the track $25 for 5 laps. Of course, this is only at a pace speed. Kinda a cool way to raise money that has never been done to date @ BMS. We reserved a spot to do this Thursday night before race weekend. Anyhow, my son's 16th birthday was this past fall and he is to be taking his drivers test before we head on down to Bristol next month. I've already told him that we plan on having him drive us most everywhere while we're down there. I think that he's going to be shocked when we drive by the track, turn in and wait for our turn to take some laps around the track.

Check this out..... Yesterday I get an email from Bristol Motor Speedway Charity's 'Track Laps for Kids'. They are allowing fans to take their own vehicles out on the track $25 for 5 laps. Of course, this is only at a pace speed. Kinda a cool way to raise money that has never been done to date @ BMS. We reserved a spot to do this Thursday night before race weekend. Anyhow, my son's 16th birthday was this past fall and he is to be taking his drivers test before we head on down to Bristol next month. I've already told him that we plan on having him drive us most everywhere while we're down there. I think that he's going to be shocked when we drive by the track, turn in and wait for our turn to take some laps around the track.

Taking your Vette with you? The grand sport of course? Or maybe the ZR1?

Can't tow the 5er with any of those. Unfortunately, it with have to be my 2008 GMD 2500HD Diesel. It will be memorable all the same.

That's great dpk. Be sure to post a picture of you waiting your turn while giving the official a proper Kyle Busch salute. ;)

I can tell you that this is probably not what I'm going to be thinking about when we go rolling on to the track. And, it obviously isn't the best example for my entire family, that will be riding with us, including my wife and daughter. At the same time if I'm able to pull it off I will.

I see your point. Perhaps you can pull off a very mature 'what not to do' lesson for the kids. How gullible is the wife? ;)

Kinda art gallery stuff ...not really racing related:D (the night shot)

Danica's souvenirs after attending the the National Press Club and Pardon the Interruption this morning in D.C. the morning.
large.jpg

Some Tony quotes on the 500.....

Tony Stewart "guarantees there will be tandem drafting at the end of the race"

Tony Stewart says blocking is not option to prevent slingshot. Would just cause a wreck.

Tony Stewart said not sure how much he will practice today. Says will evaluate after duels how much to practice Friday & Saturday.

Saw this elsewhere.....

ESPN's "NASCAR Non-Stop" to return this year, with one change - one screen will show on-track action, and the other whatever Danica's doing.

Think it's true?

Saw this elsewhere.....

ESPN's "NASCAR Non-Stop" to return this year, with one change - one screen will show on-track action, and the other whatever Danica's doing.

Think it's true?

lol, but it will probably be Danica commercial next to Danica on the track.

Mark Martin fastest 30 minutes into practice at 200.196 mph. Clint Bowyer (200.062 mph) only other driver over 200.

Grille openings were moved/adjusted on the Nationwide/trucks to have similar impact as far as 2-car draft, would overheat if stay in it long.

First Sprint Cup practice of the day over. Matt Kenseth leads charts at 200.853 mph, followed by Fords of Bayne, Stenhouse, Ambrose.

Back
Top Bottom