Rate The Cup Race: Auto Club Speedway

Dear God you guys really don't like racing yet next week you'll blow your loads about how great of a race Martinsville was.

Really don't see what was so bad about that race. Had great battles through the field and even some good battles for the lead. Plus the show that Kyle Busch put on himself us enough for a 7.

Its pretty damned simple, aero-dependent racing is a sham and very frustrating to watch.

Its pretty damned simple, aero-dependent racing is a sham and very frustrating to watch.
It was great that my guy won but it’s evident that this package isn’t good for racing or for the future of the sport.
Bring back the horsepower.
One year I remember 217 going into 3 and the drivers had to completely lift. Now they just feather the throttle through the corner.

It would be great if 217 proved something, but it hasn't except it's expensive to do and not any better racing.

It would be great if 217 proved something, but it hasn't except it's expensive to do and not any better racing.

It was literally better racing and people were still losing compression yesterday(it was just harder for the driver to notice)

I don't know what else to tell ya.

I always smiled myself when the announcers were screaming..wow he is flying in the corners..and the in car had the driver sitting there comfortably, hands hardly moving stuck down to the track. It works for some I guess.

I always smiled myself when the announcers were screaming..wow he is flying in the corners..and the in car had the driver sitting there comfortably, hands hardly moving stuck down to the track. It works for some I guess.

Are you talking about yesterday? You must be....

I dont get the whole "the racing sucked then, why does it matter that it still sucks" mentality. Most weren't asking for this...

Ranked right in there with other 2 mile tracks and other intermediate track stinkers. :p

Last edited:
ranked right in there with other 2 mile and intermediates :p
upload_2019-3-19_9-57-35.png

2018 Fontana
2018 Fontana 41yes 59no 6,382 Truex

@ToyYoda good luck with trying to wade through all of this stuff to get the weekly ratings. There's just this one thread that we need to keep on topic and clean.

2. Didn't make it through second stage. I used to be able to sit through even the most boring race so long as it was legitimately racing. I even love watching F1 despite knowing who winner will be before it even starts because I'm truly interested and impressed at that the cars can do.

It's not just the rules package, although that's a big part. It's the entirety of the presentation. I simply miss the coverage in the 80s and 90s. We didn't need a 1-2 hour pre-race. We didn't need reality show story lines. It came on, you got starting lineups and basic info for the weekend, then raced. Camera shots were better, and announcers were on point. I truly miss guys like Ned Jarrett, Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons... Now you darned kids with your new fangled rock music and soda pop get off my lawn!!!
Best post of the thread, right here.

Back
Top Bottom