Rate The Cup Race: Talladega II

0.2 Four cars out front that couldn't be passed, followed by about 30 other guys who couldn't pass each other to fight for "honor" of being fifth. The ONLY thing that made this race even SLIGHTLY suspenseful was cars running out of gas. Other than Harvick and Busch running out of gas, this race was over on lap two.

5. Not a very exciting Dega race until about 10 to go. It’s a credit to SHR and Ford, those boys had it on lockdown. Onto Kansas

Fans complain Talledaga is a crap shoot where crap cars can win...fans complain when good cars are out front all race...
Fans complain when NASCAR throws the caution...fans complain when NASCAR doesn't throw the caution...

Thankfully the Fords screwed themselves on fuel or this would have been lower

6. A good/average restrictor plate race, which is my least favorite form of stock car racing. I followed Kez and the other Penske boys. I was intrigued by how hard they worked for track position... a mighty struggle that began on lap 1 and did not let up, ever. Also the 9, the 88, and several others. I don't see how people complain nothing was happening... unless they just tune in for the wrecking.

Congrats to Aric Almirola for the win. I thought he might have waited too long to back up and leave Kurt up there "hanging out to dry"... but in fact his timing was spot on.

I can't imagine doing this stuff at ~70% of the races next year. What a truly awful Nascar decision that is..:(

Back
Top Bottom