Rate The Race: Darlington

If the race had ended at halfway, I would have given it a 4 at best. It picked up in excitement quite a bit the second half, so I'll go with an 8.

Agreed with Yoda, not as good as last year

I think a 8 is fair
0 for Kurts night

A solid 8, it kept my interest all race long and that's something that doesn't happen much anymore.

My rating: 8. Not the best Darlington race, but still entertaining.

The KFC commercial with extra creepy Colonel singing karaoke at a bar: 4.

0 another pre race script for number of yellows and who will cause an accident when

8. I just simply enjoy watching cars go around this track.

9 great to see Truex in victory lane. Middle was a little boring but love seeing all the throwback and seeing some of those who have made Nascar what it is today. Brought back memories of watching Cale Yarborough, David Pearson, Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Harry Gant and many other of the legends of Nascar. So good to see them looking back at the past and bringing to light those who gave so much to the sport.

Tormented, really wanted Harvick to win. Then was happy when Truex won...

7. I've seen better races at this track.

From my perch in Turn 1, it looked like most of the passing was done either in the pits or within the first three laps of a restart. Kenseth, Johnson, Harvick, and Logano at various times mounted sustained charges through the field, but in Harvick and Johnson's cases that was because bonehead moves put them where they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Oh, and for the conspiracy theorists: I heard race control on the scanner discussing possible fluids from the #47 around lap 125, and later possible debris in 3 or 4. Neither resulted in a caution.

7. I've seen better races at this track.

From my perch in Turn 1, it looked like most of the passing was done either in the pits or within the first three laps of a restart. Kenseth, Johnson, Harvick, and Logano at various times mounted sustained charges through the field, but in Harvick and Johnson's cases that was because bonehead moves put them where they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Oh, and for the conspiracy theorists: I heard race control on the scanner discussing possible fluids from the #47 around lap 125, and later possible debris in 3 or 4. Neither resulted in a caution.

I had every intention of watching the race as I recorded it and was going to watch it but I won't have time today or tomorrow so I deleted it. From your description the race sounded similar to a cookie cutter event and that is a let down for Darlington. From the ratings I have seen I am betting I would have given it a 6 and in that case it was a race I could have kept an eye on or skipped.

Back
Top Bottom