Rate The Race: Loudon 1

going with an 8

I almost hesitate to rate this race as I have a strong feeling that it would have been a very good one to see live or produced by a competent network. Based on what I saw the race gets a 6.5.

I almost hesitate to rate this race as I have a strong feeling that it would have been a very good one to see live or produced by a competent network. Based on what I saw the race gets a 6.5.

Holy crap NBC boned the Truex flat tire.

8.5. This was a great short track race with multiple grooves and a ton of action. Side by side racing and hard fighting at the front and through the field, plus the benefit of requiring a touch of finesse. Lots of strategy options playing out, which added spice. And that was a heck of a finish too. I was not pulling for the 11, but the battle with the 42 was scintillating stuff.

I was there.

I rated the race a 6.5 from watching at home and thought the race may have been a lot better in person but apparently not. Unfortunately what was shown on TV will not attract new fans or younger fans so with last week's dog of a race, this week's ho hum affair and the promise of being put to sleep at Indy something will need to be done to spark interest.

On the bright side the stands looked empty so you would have had plenty of space to stretch out.

5 based on NBC production and the blabber mouths in the booth.

NBC does a crap job of showing what led up to an incident, the guys in the booth are repetitive and don't offer insight and that helmet cam has go to go. That is just for starters......:D

I'm still impressed with Truex and Larson doing what they do. It looked like the stickum worked well in making a 2nd groove for awhile (I liked the NBC video showing how other sports prepare the field for play when they talked about preparing the track). One thing I've noticed this season is the usual front runners are being challenged by the young drivers.

I wonder how often Nascar will add a 4th stage by adding a comp caution in the remaining races?

5 Letarte is annoying. Burton isnt as bad, but still the nbc race is better in mute mode. The race itself was better than last year which I rated at a 2.

Just did not hold my interest till the last 25. Watched more of the Indy race.

Back
Top Bottom