real race cars on track in two weeks

Sure wish I had bought that 1st Turn Condo at Charlotte right about now.
I saw photos of those on Social media today I think on Twitter, someone tweeted out about how racing is coming back soon and they got the best seat in the house. I couldnt disagree with them... what an amazing place to live at and even cooler place to watch a race from, like watching a race in your backyard pretty much. If there's ever condos at Daytona at the track I am in ha ha. One of these years I go to a race there, I am going to try to stay at the (I Think) Hampton Inn right out of 3 going into 4 just to see what its like.

Or they would quarantine the person and test everyone he or she came into contact with (contact tracing) in order to avoid shutting it down.

I don't think this will work without testing. JMO
I dont think thats a bad thought process as excited as I am about racing coming back, I too am worried how its going to go without testing. Very interesting times right now.

Is the catering any good?

Could I get goose liver pâté and the really good crackers?

It looks like the drivers are pretty excited to get back to racing again with whatever changes are needed. I don't see any drivers real concerned about no practice sessions. I can't remember where I saw it but Alex Bowman said in an interview that no practice sessions shouldn't be a problem because it would just be like a rain out weekend.

Reactions: Pat
Same guy, one thing about it, you would have a host of fair weather friends, but it does look like fun

What kind of party was the dude throwing? That looked like a sausage fest. There wasn't even any topless bartenders. :)

Lets see 16 personnel per team, so max around 640. NASCAR personnel lets say 150. Broadcast personnel maybe 100? Track personnel and rescue teams another 100. So high estimate around 1,000 people at the track.
That's really not that bad at all, especially with these races being at bigger tracks.

Reasoning- First and foremost, No chance of a practice crash which would require more crewmen. Costs of practice tires goes away. Cars can be race ready at the shop, tested, nut and bolted and ready hit the track immediately.

Hope that helps!

Watch the races be better too.

Go for it!

I was actually looking at renting one when I was entertaining a job offer with a Truck Series team (glad I didn't), and the two that were for rent weren't any more expensive than anything else in that area.

Private testing has already been prevalent in dirt late model racing, and the chassis and suspension knowledge is extremely evolved and concentrated to a few builders.

Private testing has already been prevalent in dirt late model racing, and the chassis and suspension knowledge is extremely evolved and concentrated to a few builders.

Tt's always been my understanding, from what other racers and tracks have said, that there really isn't that much (or any at all at some tracks I guess) - at least not compared to asphalt racing.

Tt's always been my understanding, from what other racers and tracks have said, that there really isn't that much (or any at all at some tracks I guess) - at least not compared to asphalt racing.

There is likely less testing happening on the individual team and driver level, but a lot by the few major chassis builders that control development.

Something tells me the condos may not actually be accessible, since most of them operate as vacation and corporate rentals, not primary residences.

However, if you want to give it a shot, you can rent this one for about $17,000 from the 24th to the 28th and catch both races:

• Wow
I don’t agree with the lack of practice before Darlington. I think an hour session is needed just to get the drivers some seat time, especially at a place as demanding as that

I don’t agree with the lack of practice before Darlington. I think an hour session is needed just to get the drivers some seat time, especially at a place as demanding as that
Why are we complaining about practice? I am very thankful there will be racing in a couple weeks. These drivers are going to be ok without practice. They are professionals. SMH

Back
Top Bottom