Reddick to 23XI

@Revman gotta be eating this up with a spoon in each hand. Tyler has a lot more potential than landing those JGR discards.

Who knew we'd need a 'Silly Season 2024' thread already?
It is a huge, huge coup for TRD. Proof I spend too much time on this page: I was driving to lunch when I heard this on Sirius and my first thought was "Man, I bet @Revman is absolutely giddy." :XXROFL:

The most shocking thing to me about the Reddick news is that people are surprised by it. Anyone who didn't see Tyler leaving IMO was kinda blind.

Look no matter what RC says he'll always be the #2 driver in terms of support behind AD, picking up his option for next season was more of a slap in the face than anything and RCR has shown since Harvick was there they're not capable of fielding a championship caliber team. If RCR wanted him in the future they would have been announcing a new contract, not picking up his option.

I was think about this since they announced they picked up his option year and was just wondering where he would end up. HMS and trackhouse seem set for the future with young drivers. RFK just isn't there in performance, JGR has more drivers than seats, unless Penske buys a 4th charter I didn't see Reddick going there.

My options were would he be happy in the 21 with the Wood brothers, would JR start a team or would MJ fork out the money to bring him over. Today we got the answer.

Well said.

I'm not surprised he's leaving, I'm just surprised it's not happening until 2024.

They expand to three cars. No question. WE have been talking about expansion and the Next Gen makes it even more important. WE are behind because we lack data points IMO.
Do you see endgame as being maxing out at 4 cars for 23XI? It seems the logical conclusion, they're just going about it slowly. Any rumblings of TRD buying him out of RCR contract to avoid lame duck year?

Watch 23XI buy his contract for 2023 out. Otherwise this will be painfully awkward.

Where would he race, though? A full season of Xfinity for JGR? I don't see a great option in Cup if 23XI isn't ready yet.

A lame duck year, whether it's at RCR or somewhere else, has to make sense for him. I know Kahne said he had a lot of fun racing for Red Bull, but I also recall Bowyer's comments about how miserable he was the one year at HScott.

Where would he race, though? A full season of Xfinity for JGR? I don't see a great option in Cup if 23XI isn't ready yet.

A lame duck year, whether it's at RCR or somewhere else, has to make sense for him. I know Kahne said he had a lot of fun racing for Red Bull, but I also recall Bowyer's comments about how miserable he was the one year at HScott.
I wouldn't be shocked if Kurt said "I'm out" and went to the booth, then TRD facilitates RCR letting Reddick go. Crazier has happened.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind the timing of this announcement. When was Reddick's deal with 23XI officially signed? Who does this benefit by announcing it right now? Did RC do something that rubbed Reddick the wrong way? Is it 23XI's true intention/desire to have this happen NEXT year, and this is their way of forcing Richard's hand?

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind the timing of this announcement. When was Reddick's deal with 23XI officially signed? Who does this benefit by announcing it right now? Did RC do something that rubbed Reddick the wrong way? Is it 23XI's true intention/desire to have this happen NEXT year, and this is their way of forcing Richard's hand?
Sounds like Reddick was shopping around behind the scenes, and RCR announcing they were picking up his option was, to me, akin to an NFL team slapping the franchise tag on a player that wants out. The timing of this announcement could very well be an FU to Childress. Who knows but the parties involved.

Reddick was signed to RCR until 2023, so it gives Tyler the chance to respect that contract.

Also, it has nothing to do with RC rubbing him the wrong way. This could be a stepping stone for all we know to JGR or possibly Tyler feels he has a great chance with 23XI and TRD. It's not a bad move, tbh. I like the move, I also feel Bubba has gotten into Tyler's ear as well. Both are close friends and are very like-minded individuals. The timing is odd, but hey whats done is done.

I'm gonna guess that it means Kurt won't be with the team in 2024.

I'm guessing 23XI wanted the announcement. That way it gives them over a year to sell sponsorship. IF they get a third charter they needed the announcement to get sponsors to lock in funds to acquire the charter.

Reddick was signed to RCR until 2023, so it gives Tyler the chance to respect that contract.

Also, it has nothing to do with RC rubbing him the wrong way. This could be a stepping stone for all we know to JGR or possibly Tyler feels he has a great chance with 23XI and TRD. It's not a bad move, tbh. I like the move, I also feel Bubba has gotten into Tyler's ear as well. Both are close friends and are very like-minded individuals. The timing is odd, but hey whats done is done.

The move to 23XI makes sense for Reddick, but there must be some kind of plan. It would be very surprising to see him continue to drive for RCR for another year and a half after this announcement.

We all know Reddick was the most talented driver at RCR since Harvick, and I would imagine Richard knows that as well. So why were they always going year to year with Reddick? Was that Richard's call, or Tyler's choice because he was always looking for something better? If RCR didn't make a real attempt last year to sign him to a long-term deal, they dropped the ball big time IMO.

Tbh this is news worthy of its own thread

Totally ***** over RCR for finding sponsorship on the 8 car next season. Not cool 23XI. I've never heard of a driver announcement a full year and a half ahead of time...
reminds me of when Harvick left RCR a year early and Kurt Busch was supposed to leave Roush in a year's time but I Think they sped that up.

2024 seems so far away. So much could happen between now and then :unsure:

Reactions: sdj
Do you see endgame as being maxing out at 4 cars for 23XI? It seems the logical conclusion, they're just going about it slowly. Any rumblings of TRD buying him out of RCR contract to avoid lame duck year?
100% on four cars. Here's why....I know that TRD has historically liked the small car count direction. However, with Next Gen, I think it has become apparent that WE need more data points. This is one way to do it....small number of teams, but maxing out car counts with those teams if that makes sense.

David Wilson just said on NASCAR Radio that there has been no consideration of buying out Tyler's contract.....although I would love to see it.

It is a huge, huge coup for TRD. Proof I spend too much time on this page: I was driving to lunch when I heard this on Sirius and my first thought was "Man, I bet @Revman is absolutely giddy." :XXROFL:
Totally stoked! Just jacked....went nuts when it broke. Great get for TRD!

Harvick also signed with SHR in 2012 and finished out his contract with RCR in 2013. Ten years later, RCR again loses their greatest talent the same way.

A huge coup for 23XI and TRD. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Reddick left, but I am shocked that it wound up being for 23XI. For once, great job to everyone involved for keeping it under wraps so that we got a genuine surprise for once.

I think too many of these threads are combined into one catchall thread where people lose interest in reading it or can't keep up. Besides, this is about 2024.:D

Absolutely. Catch-all threads should be for incidental and miscellaneous items, not major news developments. It stifles discussion and participation to combine everything into massive generalized threads.

I wouldn't be shocked if Kurt said "I'm out" and went to the booth, then TRD facilitates RCR letting Reddick go. Crazier has happened.
TRD is not in the business of driver contracts. Period. If they were, why isn't Kyle signed yet?

Totally ***** over RCR for finding sponsorship on the 8 car next season. Not cool 23XI. I've never heard of a driver announcement a full year and a half ahead of time...
Kevin Harvick announced he was leaving RCR November 9th of 2012, so he had that whole awkward year of 2013 with the team. Not quite 1.5 years though.

Back
Top Bottom