Report: NASCAR returning to Nashville in 2021

I've always liked Nashville Super Speedway, though I'd rather be at the Fairgrounds and not at the expense of Dover...but to be honest I didnt know this track was still race ready

This ol track at the fairgrounds not ready for the big time yet. Maybe someday.
Went to an IRL race years ago at Nashville Superspeedway. It was just ok / boring
the action it produced. Nashville has exploded the past 10 years. It deserves a race .
1591146363976.png

Well this 110% came out of left field. Like, past the left field wall, concourse, wayyyy out in the cheap parking a mile from the stadium left field.

I'm tentatively optimistic. It has less banking and is shorter so I'm sure they'll be some off throttle time and maybe even a little bit of...dare I say...BRAKING????

Missed this thread, sorry.

I like Dover, and don’t really want to see it lose a weekend. The fact that Nashville Superspeedway failed - even if they were Truck and Xfinity races - during the peak decade of NASCAR wouldn’t seem to bode well for the future. I’m a little confused at the suggestion that this is being done to get Nashville to invest in the Fairgrounds. What compensation does Dover get out of that, how do they benefit? I can see it being used to gauge the interest in the area but it’s obviously a much different track than the Fairgrounds. I can see where Chase’s skepticism comes from.

It's a nice facility, but is a product of an era when nobody in NASCAR or or the race track business could think outside the box for even a half second and come up with something that was interesting and original. It reminds me when I was a kid and every city that had an old worn out baseball stadium built one of those generic cookie cutter multi-purpose stadiums, only to end up bulldozing them a generation later and and building what they SHOULD have done in the first place. Chicago, Kentucky, Atlanta, California, I'm looking RIGHT AT YOU. It always amazed me how much Bruton Smith and everybody else carried on about Bristol in it's heyday, but instead of trying to copy THAT, they all went and copied tracks nobody was that enamored with in the first place.

Well this 110% came out of left field. Like, past the left field wall, concourse, wayyyy out in the cheap parking a mile from the stadium left field.

I'm tentatively optimistic. It has less banking and is shorter so I'm sure they'll be some off throttle time and maybe even a little bit of...dare I say...BRAKING????
The downforce packages excels at tracks that are wide open. The tracks with braking had awful racing in 2019 with those aero rules even with high horsepower. Low horsepower will make it worse. This race will be horrible!

I like Dover, and don’t really want to see it lose a weekend. The fact that Nashville Superspeedway failed - even if they were Truck and Xfinity races - during the peak decade of NASCAR wouldn’t seem to bode well for the future. I’m a little confused at the suggestion that this is being done to get Nashville to invest in the Fairgrounds. What compensation does Dover get out of that, how do they benefit? I can see it being used to gauge the interest in the area but it’s obviously a much different track than the Fairgrounds. I can see where Chase’s skepticism comes from.

I would assume this is NASCAR's way of telling the Fairgrounds people to either get on board, or we'll just go down the road give that money to somebody else. I don't know that that strategy will work, but that's what it seems like to me.

Yeah I'm thinking SMI maybe nudged Dover and said hey remember that track you haven't used in 9 years if you move your date there for a year we'll make it worth your while.

Dover isn't owned by Nascar. Nascar can do whatever they want if the contract or lack of one allows it.

I like Dover but am not quite so high on it as many are. Generally I'm in favor of different tracks getting a date and fewer tracks having two dates. This facility isn't anyone's first pick, but it signals how serious the industry is about the Nashville market. I hope the end goal pans out, as it's quite a gambit.

So if the Fairgrounds get that tax to renovate, will Dover then get its second date back?

It should have taken away a date from Kansas or Texas rather than Dover.

I hope their intentions work out. As we all know the to hell is paved with good intentions lol. I'm pretty stoked this is in my backyard only an hour away we're gonna be there!!

Short track gets taken over by a new intermediate BUT Pocono was a scheduled double header.

The executives are so ****** out of touch.

Dover is so much better than Nashville superspeedway. Dover has unique one of a kind features.
I was so looking forward to the Fairgrounds getting a race.

As long as they always run 2 Daytona's and 2 Talladega's I'm on board for any changes they think the fans will enjoy.

Heck, those are the races I would dump in a heartbeat, even though I KNOW it would never happen.

Dover is considered a short track? might be, but to me it's a mile of one lane racing. Too fast to be able to do much bump an run because of the insane banking , and it lacks the width of the larger higher speed tracks for a possibility of two or three lane options for passing. It has it's moments, but those usually are wrecks and restarts.

Back
Top Bottom