Rodney Rodney Rodney

4 is done for the year,
no reason to stop bashing the new car,
more penalties for the 4 will only make nascar look worse.

4 is done for the year,
no reason to stop bashing the new car,
more penalties for the 4 will only make nascar look worse.
Worse? For making them follow the rules? You have it backwards my friend

Uh Bud Kevin has a kid coming up thats gonna run in NASCAR if he decides thats what he wants to do. Thats some shallow thinking on your part, plus Kevin is just a loud mouth anyway, you act like he has some secret info on NASCAR that will ruin them... puh lease!
No, I just meant he could say whatever he thinks without risk of repercussion. By the time his kid gets to NASCAR, I dount anybody will think that much about it anyway. Besides, if he REALLY thinks NASCAR is crooked enough to bust his team on a bogus infraction, why would he want his son to be part of it anyway?

It's NASCAR's game and always will be. PLENTY of examples over the years- penalizing drivers critical of NASCAR, the legal T-Rex #24 that was told never to return to the track. I was listening to a Jimmy Spencer podcast (I believe it was Winston Cup Scene)... Bill Jr. called him into the NASCAR hauler once early in his career and told him France would see to it that Spencer would never run again if he didn't clean up his act. Don't assume that kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore. I can't remember the source but I remember reading Jeff Gordon would've retired sooner but he was told by Brian France he needed to stay at that point in time. The string of VERY suspicious Daytona 500 pole winners in the mid 2010s. The rise, peak, and fall of the mysterious "debris" cautions. It's NASCAR's show and it always will be. They are really out on their own island as far as sporting events go with minimal/no oversight beyond the offices in Charlotte.

That being said, 50/50 shot this was a "planned" penalty.

It's NASCAR's game and always will be. PLENTY of examples over the years- penalizing drivers critical of NASCAR, the legal T-Rex #24 that was told never to return to the track. I was listening to a Jimmy Spencer podcast (I believe it was Winston Cup Scene)... Bill Jr. called him into the NASCAR hauler once early in his career and told him France would see to it that Spencer would never run again if he didn't clean up his act. Don't assume that kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore. I can't remember the source but I remember reading Jeff Gordon would've retired sooner but he was told by Brian France he needed to stay at that point in time. The string of VERY suspicious Daytona 500 pole winners in the mid 2010s. The rise, peak, and fall of the mysterious "debris" cautions. It's NASCAR's show and it always will be. They are really out on their own island as far as sporting events go with minimal/no oversight beyond the offices in Charlotte.

Don't forget Tim Richmond's falsified drug test. He was suspended from NASCAR because he took an Advil

Its in the rule book, " Actions detrimental to Stock Car racing" In other words the sport that feeds thousands of employees and is supported by Fortune 500 Companies (who by the way if they found out NASCAR was playing underhanded would bail out and the sport would collapse) NASCAR has rules and if you want to push those rules you will get punished, they couldnt punish the 4 car if nothing was wrong. The penalty wasnt ever planned but you can bet your azz they smiled when they found the problem on ol motor mouth and the new Chad Knaus's car.

Its in the rule book, " Actions detrimental to Stock Car racing" In other words the sport that feeds thousands of employees and is supported by Fortune 500 Companies (who by the way if they found out NASCAR was playing underhanded would bail out and the sport would collapse) NASCAR has rules and if you want to push those rules you will get punished, they couldnt punish the 4 car if nothing was wrong. The penalty wasnt ever planned but you can bet your azz they smiled when they found the problem on ol motor mouth and the new Chad Knaus's car.

I see it the other way- a multi-billion dollar sport is like any other multi-billon dollar corporation- shady **** happening behind closed doors.

Don't forget Tim Richmond's falsified drug test. He was suspended from NASCAR because he took an Advil
Yeah it really wasnt about that. It was well known Tim liked the nose candy and then when he became very sick it kind of snowballed and some of the drivers complained to NASCAR and then the rest is history

Yeah it really wasnt about that. It was well known Tim liked the nose candy and then when he became very sick it kind of snowballed and some of the drivers complained to NASCAR and then the rest is history

Richard Petty, among others, told NASCAR they suspected he was messed up on drugs. NASCAR demanded access to his medical records, and he refused. So NASCAR decided they didn't want him on the track, and they falsified his drug test.

You can't blame NASCAR for not wanting him to race when there's clearly a problem, but they lied about a "failed" drug test to get their way. That's my point.

Reactions: Pat
what happen with the new chad knaus car? i know they are working very hard with nascar on that car.

Harvick is ol motor mouth. Rodney Childers is “the new Chad Knaus” ... the car is the 4.

I'm sorry but there's only 50% truth, at best, in most Spencer stories.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm not defending how NASCAR handled it, but Tim was the one who wouldn't come clean about his condition, and he probably WASN'T physically fit to be in the car at that time.

Richard Petty, among others, told NASCAR they suspected he was messed up on drugs. NASCAR demanded access to his medical records, and he refused. So NASCAR decided they didn't want him on the track, and they falsified his drug test.

You can't blame NASCAR for not wanting him to race when there's clearly a problem, but they lied about a "failed" drug test to get their way. That's my point.

On the latest installment of The Scene Vault Podcast, DK Ulrich made the claim that he witnessed Tim shooting up drugs in a limo during the time of the filming of Stroker Ace. Someone who heard the podcast claims to have been in that limo and disputes the claim though. Supposedly Tim was scared of needles, which I understand, as I am not very fond of them either. I can't even watch when I get a shot or an IV.

I just can’t muster up an ounce of emotion or care for the the 4 bunch getting popped. They’re out of the playoffs and frankly, this doesn’t matter much over the course of the next 5 weeks or so while a championship title fight is going on. Conspiracy theories be damned, but I wish I cared more about this.

Or NASCAR is gonna keep going after them until Kevin and Rodney get the message that they need to support the NextGen car and NASCAR.
Or Kevin loses it and retires on a pile of dough. Nascar won't be as interesting to me when he does hang it up.

Harvick is ol motor mouth. Rodney Childers is “the new Chad Knaus” ... the car is the 4.
Ol motor mouth is a talented driver with an innovative crew chief. Don't see a problem with any of it. Let the man express his opinions.

Ol motor mouth is a talented driver with an innovative crew chief. Don't see a problem with any of it. Let the man express his opinions.
acmerocket mis-read spotter’s post. With that in mind, go back and re-read the full exchange.

I was trying to be helpful.

On the latest installment of The Scene Vault Podcast, DK Ulrich made the claim that he witnessed Tim shooting up drugs in a limo during the time of the filming of Stroker Ace. Someone who heard the podcast claims to have been in that limo and disputes the claim though. Supposedly Tim was scared of needles, which I understand, as I am not very fond of them either. I can't even watch when I get a shot or an IV.
He was a talented charismatic guy. What a terrific waste of skill.Bet he saw his share of beautiful women though.

Back
Top Bottom