Rolex 24 at Daytona

ted@economy

in the interest of equal time
How about someone putting together a list of top 5 cars to watch in the Daytona 24 hr race.

that one, that one, that one, that one, and that one. Also not the one driven by Waltrip:D

Give me a few minutes and I'll post up some data. Usually it's any ganassi, TRG, SoD, or Stallings car.

Figured I'll start the thread so everybody can find it on the new layout.

Broadcast starts at 2:30 ET/1:30CT/11:30PT

Starting Grid: http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/results.cfm?series=r&eid=3428&sid=2394

NASCAR/Indycar Notables:

DP #10 Angelelli / Briscoe / Taylor
DP #02 Dixon / Franchitti / McMurray / Montoya
DP #60 Allmendinger / Negri / Pew / Wilson
DP #2 Hunter-Reay / Mayer / Potolicchio / Potolicchio / Valiante
DP #76 Braun / Jonsson / Krohn / Zonta
GT #40 Lally / Lietz / Potter / Rast
GT #70 Bomarito / Franchitti / Hinchcliffe / Tremblay
GT #36 Andretti / Andretti / Hacquard / Krohn

Top 5 of each class:

POS 1 DP #8 Dalziel / Luhr / McNish / Popow / Potolicchio
POS 2 DP #10 Angelelli / Briscoe / Taylor
POS 3 DP #2 Dixon / Franchitti / McMurray / Montoya
POS 4 DP #99 Fogarty / Gidley / Gurney
POS 5 DP #90 Garcia / Gavin / Magnussen / Westbrook

POS 1 GT #59 Davis / Haywood / Keen / Lieb
POS 2 GT #69 Assentato / Lazzaro / Longhi / Segal
POS 3 GT #44 Lally / Lietz / Potter / Ras
POS 4 GT #45 Bergmeister / Long / Neiman / Rockenfeller
POS 5 GT #62 Bruni / Fisichella / Matos

The online stream will be on for a live 24 hours with commentary.

Got Travis Pastrana, Patrick Dempsey (as usual), and Brian Johnson from AC/DC.

I know 5 or 6 people that have been crewing from the race yesterday and today.

The #99 GAINSCO car is based here in Lewisville, Tx. one of the few that don't work from North Carolina or Daytona.

AJ Allmendinger on Justin Wilson's height: "He'll probably come out in the fetal position on that 3AM driver change and I'll hop in and go."

Marco Andretti will be in the #2 Starworks Motorsports car now. Teammate is Ryan Hunter-Reay. Im glad he is the car if Tony Kanaan cant be. This is who I am rooting for.

Danica isn't in the race this year I don't think?

With 45 GT's, it's gonna be a mess when the DP's start lapping.

Nothing like blowing up on lap 1 of a 24 hour race.

Is it just me or does Wayne Taylor look like Ron White to anybody else?

Ron White.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember ever having 3 full course yellows this quickly. Suntrust seems to be the only one with a major mechanical so far though

So can someone please give me a real good reason as to why they aren't showing the whole race on speed? I don't care if it's streaming online, we don't need a bunch of episodes of pumped, just show the full 24hrs.

So can someone please give me a real good reason as to why they aren't showing the whole race on speed? I don't care if it's streaming online, we don't need a bunch of episodes of pumped, just show the full 24hrs.
They probably don't have enough viewers overnight to convince the sponsors to keep the broadcast going the whole 24 hours on Speed. All about money.

They probably don't have enough viewers overnight to convince the sponsors to keep the broadcast going the whole 24 hours on Speed. All about money.
SPEED was so much better under Speedvision. Hell, SPEED aired the UFC on FX preview a couple weeks ago.

I just merged the thread from the NASCAR Chat section into here, since this one's pretty hopping

Hope I'm doin it rite :owquitit:

Ryan Hunter-Reay is doing good in that car. I cant wait to see Marco in it. They just interviewed Marco a few minutes ago. He has made it to Daytona..lol

They said they are streaming the entire race with some sort of announcers once it goes off the air though so why not just that stream on tv? I can't imagine it would draw any less ratings then what they have planned coming up. I'm going to try to watch this entire thing but I'm sure I'll fall asleep at some point lol

They said they are streaming the entire race with some sort of announcers once it goes off the air though so why not just that stream on tv? I can't imagine it would draw any less ratings then what they have planned coming up. I'm going to try to watch this entire thing but I'm sure I'll fall asleep at some point lol

The only time that I remember the entire 24hrs on TV was 2001 when Dale and Dale were driving. That probably generated enough sponsor interest to make it feasible.

Just like last year, look how many cars we have bunched up after 7 hours. Impressive!

Back
Top Bottom