Ross Chastain is a Future Star

Harv is probably low-key eating his words. Chastain's touted as being the biggest story in NASCAR 2019.
There are parts of that incident that I, a Harvick apologist, don't think were his doing or don't think he was wrong about...but some of the stuff he said afterwards was kinda dumb so yeah, probably.

I like Ross a ton, great guy, great character that sustains him through tough situations. He is the genuine deal, with his family roots in farming just outside Fort Myers FL (where I live). I think his future will be decided by the availability of a good ride/team. So much hinges on breaking through against the rising kids from Xfinity already tagged for greatness.

Frankly some of them are boring. Ross is a great spokesperson for a sponsor. Hope he gets the chance.
I grew up in North Ft. Myers. Small world

Ross Chastain will get a top organization right in the Cup series.

While we are complaining about the industry's lack of money and sponsorship involvement, this guy is going city to city marketing himself and his teams. We long for the "good ole days", but this guy is driving his motorhome from track to track from his watermelon farm, so he can claw his way to the upper echelon of racing. Doing it all while never making an excuse on how difficult it is to make it in the current climate. I consider him the true definition of quintessential NASCAR.

I have never felt so assured that a driver would find his way to the top like I do with Ross Chastain. The way he is performing in Xfinity and Trucks is nothing short of impeccable. I do think that we will be seeing comparisons between him and Kyle Busch in terms of overall driving greatness and versatility in the coming years.

The only other upcoming drivers who are putting up mythical numbers among the newer drivers would have to be Christopher Bell, Brett Moffitt, Cole Custer, and Tyler Reddick.

I wouldn't mind a full year of Ross showing off in a top Xfinity ride next year, as long as it's to wait out a better Cup opportunity.

Just don't pass on anything good to great in Cup for development imo. If he's got the talent he's got the talent. He's still going to be tasked with making the leap to Cup competition regardless. Less about experience, and everything about the car he climbs into at that point imo. Anything cgr hms shr I'd snap accept and bypass a full Xfinity year.

What I don't want to see is another Buescher or DiBenedetto situation where the driver's talent exceeds the limits of the car's capabilities. That would be robbery of Ross's potential and our viewing pleasure. At the same time, you do have to start somewhere and Ross is already 26, Jones started off in the 77 and Blaney in the 21, not such a bad deal.

To be honest I’d swap Chastain for Bowyer right now in the 14 if I was SHR...Also Menard for Chastain in the 21 ( but you would probably lose that sweet Menard’s Sponsorship money)

Think we are jumping the gun, just a tad here.

Just a tad. I do think he's a special talent, but he will need time. I think he will end up in the 48, 14, or 11. Depending on how the organizations are performing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Think we are jumping the gun, just a tad here.

Just a tad. I do think he's a special talent, but he will need time. I think he will end up in the 48, 14, or 11. Depending on how the organizations are performing

That said...

Love this kid. Breath of fresh air

The Boyer analogy in regards to Chastain is a pretty good one. At least from my perspective...Chastain at his best will probably mirror Boyer in his career.

What I want to watch about Chastain is with a faster car, reactions have to be made quickly. He seems to be in a lot of "incidents" in a decent Xfinity car and that has blown some decent runs. Hey they make a lot less mistakes in the cup world, a lot more is on the line. He is fretting about a second place finish in an Xfinity race? How's that going to work in cup with way more eyes watching?

If someone wants to pull for an old school, blue collar, build it yourself driver I don't know who else epitomizes that like Ross Chastain. I have pulled for him since hearing about his efforts here in his hometown of Alva Florida, just a hop north from my Fort Myers home. He is the genuine article. Yes he's got more growing to do, but he will not part with his desire or determination for any dose of fame. Farming teaches life lessons that most people never learn.

Way to go Ross! We're with you this year and into the new season to come. I predict a good harvest.

The Boyer analogy in regards to Chastain is a pretty good one. At least from my perspective...Chastain at his best will probably mirror Boyer in his career.
Or, he may show more tenacity than Bowyer ever did. I haven't seen Bowyer be able to keep his act together for an entire race other than the few he won.

I don't think Chastain will have any problem keeping a cup ride in these tough times like many who haven't been able to.

Reactions: sdj
I'd also like to point out that if Chip is able to acquire Justin Haley down the line for his #1 Chevy. That is a heck of duo driver for CGR future

I could not be happier with Chip's decision here to stay with Ross, when there was a lot of talent out there to choose from. I have been critical of Ross's performance early-mid this year, but I think he has started to show what he's capable of the last month or so from Darlington onward. Bristol I thought he made significant strides to figure out how to bring in the longrun and settle down a little bit. He was showing a tendency to overdrive it, just trying too hard, because he cares that much about winning.

The rest of this year in Xfinity should be good for him to polish his approach even further, and then figure the rest out at the Cup level (which will be it's own adjustment period, no simulating that one).

If this is basically the Ross Chastain appreciation thread, I'd like to offer my two cents. We're half a season into him finally getting a semi-competitive Cup ride, and he's really not been too far behind a Cup champion in Kurt Busch. This last weekend he was, but he still found a way to capitalize on a big moment for his team. Love it or hate it, I bet Chip was grinning from ear-to-ear and shaking the crap out of his nearest companion. The mantra for Chastain doesn't seem to be worrying about making many friends on the racetrack, but I think this guy is still going to find his way to victory lane in Cup before it is over with.

i hope he stays in the 42 and trackhouse will spend more money.on cars and people.not like the last owner.:youliketh

if they dont spend it on the team,then i would call it making money.and yes i do know that they cheaped out on some stuff.

Cringy thread title and cgr prognostication whomever came up with that

Pleasant surprise on Ross has been his strength on road courses, three top 10's in a row, hopefully that helps him land in some good equipment next year.

Back
Top Bottom