Ross Chastain is a Future Star

Melon Man will drive the # 1 Car in 2022! :booya:
Someone should start a new thread, or maybe a poll, about exactly how will Ross Chastain lose this ride next year through no fault of his own.

"Full year sponsor gets raided by the FBI" is already taken. "Nascar team owner grabs the cash and flees to IndyCar and Formula E" is also taken. So we'll need to get creative and come up with something new...:bazooka:

Someone should start a new thread, or maybe a poll, about exactly how will Ross Chastain lose this ride next year through no fault of his own.

"Full year sponsor gets raided by the FBI" is already taken. "Nascar team owner grabs the cash and flees to IndyCar and Formula E" is also taken. So we'll need to get creative and come up with something new...:bazooka:

@LewTheShoe , That thought went through my mind with this deal a while back. I am praying this is a legit well finanaced deal with no shysters involved, time will tell.

@LewTheShoe , That thought went through my mind with this deal a while back. I am praying this is a legit well finanaced deal with no shysters involved, time will tell.
Perhaps he will learn shortly before next season that he misread his contract for being the "2nd driver" and is actually signed as hauler driver.

little brother turns out to be faster and replaces him. :bounce: sorry i hope he has some great years ahead.

Congrats to Ross on locking in his ride for next season. I look forward to cheering on the #1 along with the #1 hardest working driver in the show. Is there any recent story as Americana as this within the sport? Ross and his family farm just up the road from us. His dedication to his dream and perseverance model those of all farmers; grit, toughness, push through every obstacle, no quit.

So many young drivers are practically raised doing little but racing…from mini-karts at 6 years old. Nothing wrong with that. Ross grabbed anything he could put on a track and raced, while working and going to school. I admire the old school values he learned and applies to his racing.

Hopeful for a win over these next 4 races so we can see him in the playoffs.

WAY TO GO ROSS! This team combined with a tremendous driver is really strong, and his win shows just how talented he is. Yet Ross is so humble, I still don’t think he believes this is actually happening. He works his tail off and races the same way. Yet his comments show how amazed he is to be in this situation.

Ross picks up his spotter and includes him in a celebration drive. How cool is that?

This team is a contender.

He did what he had to do to get the lead, kudo's. AJ was a man about it. Bowman....well not so much

FO8wQ7JXwA021r8

Can you elaborate on this?

AJ and Bowman were both disappointed. The only difference is that Bowman was happy for Ross, whereas AJ made some comment about being able to look in the mirror.....

AJ also said “that’s fine” and “if you’re OK with it OK with it”. People sure take interviews out of proportion.

Great picture. I wonder if those boys are enjoying the hell out of themselves :punkrocke

Credit to the photographers of nascar, they consistently capture some of the best pics in the world of sport. And I bet that Trackhouse bunch is lovin' it this season 🤠 99 and 1 duo out the gate.

When Chastain finished 3rd in the Southern 500 last year, that was enough for me. You gotta be a legit driver to do well at Darlington and he certainly showed it. Hardest thing with Cup is the duration of races, 400-500 laps/miles is a ton to be competitive in

Nice call, @Turtle84. Chastain was indeed a star in the making. Trackhouse has a nice line-up with Chastain & Suarez. Wish SHR didn't let Suarez go :(

I'm really excited to see Ross Chastain wheel it in the playoffs this year and I dont think this will be his last Checkered for this year either. I'd bet he will get 1-2 more over the course of this 2022 season.

I'm really excited to see Ross Chastain wheel it in the playoffs this year and I dont think this will be his last Checkered for this year either. I'd bet he will get 1-2 more over the course of this 2022 season.
At least.

36:1 steering ratio and a 24” steering wheel. Solved.

Standard equipment in Gramma’s ‘54 Buick.

They'd probably do about as good as some of those drivers would do in the next gen car.
Can't say I would agree with that. 80's and 90's required much more from a driver (IMO) than todays do. I think todays drivers pretty much need a baby sitter 16/24

three of the most important things you need to win races.good people,good driver,open check book,guess which on was missing with ganassi??:booya: hope trackhouse has a great year

three of the most important things you need to win races.good people,good driver,open check book,guess which on was missing with ganassi??:booya: hope trackhouse has a great year

Definitely was missing a good driver. I mean they had Larson of all people. I'm glad they finally got an upgrade. :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :owquitit: :owquitit: :owquitit: :owquitit: :headbang::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

There should be no question. He's established himself as an early final 4 threat. He's up front every single week and the moment isn't too big for him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom