Ross Chastain is a Future Star

It’s been a minute since Dale Jr. hung it up. I’ve got a few guys I pull for. But haven’t had a new top dog to pull for every week.

Count me in the Ross Chastain fan club. I dig this dude’s swagger. Badass racer who’s finally got a hot rod to match his immense talent. A little bullheaded at times. But also self aware of how he rubs he people sometimes. Putting Justin Marks and Pitbull on the NASCAR map.

Love him or not, how can anyone pull hard against this man? I don’t begrudge anyone these days on how they got to their Cup ride, but Ross Chastain is as old school/hard knocks/hard lessons/perseverance beyond measure as anyone from the classic generations. His approach is so refreshing….honest, admits he screws up, still can’t believe he’s got this ride on this team…and is very grateful for it. He’s still a farmer, but obviously puts most of his time in at racing, as he should. Great family, great foundation of hard work, plus he’s a refreshingly enthusiasti, joyful personality for our sport. He also doesn‘t wussy around on the track, is tough and aggressive but not an a-hole by all accounts.

My neighbor up in Alva is THE REAL DEAL! Way to go Ross!!!

ZomboDroid 12052022164650.jpg

I think a few drivers are gonna park Ross for driving over his head in the corners.
He’s gotta know it’s coming.

I think a few drivers are gonna park Ross for driving over his head in the corners.
He’s gotta know it’s coming.
If so payback is hell. Everyone has pushed a bit too much. KDB makes it a habit. Frankly I appreciate his willingness to compete on every lap. I’m confident he will continue to develop judgement on timing. Hope he stays aggressive. Great skill and competitiveness without being a d*#k like some others. Most surprised Chase pulled that crap more than once. Im a Chase fan too but he’s made a few hard charges in his still young career.

If so payback is hell. Everyone has pushed a bit too much. KDB makes it a habit. Frankly I appreciate his willingness to compete on every lap. I’m confident he will continue to develop judgement on timing. Hope he stays aggressive. Great skill and competitiveness without being a d*#k like some others. Most surprised Chase pulled that crap more than once. Im a Chase fan too but he’s made a few hard charges in his still young career.
We will see. I think Ross is a talented driver. He admitted fault after the race and I hope he makes amends with other drivers and I hope he makes personal adjustments that allow him to remain competitive without running anyone over.

While Chastain was hard on himself, Trackhouse Racing owner Justin Marks defended his driver, who has won two Cup races this year.
“Honestly, I don’t think there’s a single thing Ross Chastain did wrong today, not a single thing,” Marks told NBC Sports. “This is a very, very competitive sport and you fight for every single inch.
“The thing is that he’s a newcomer in the top five and the established top-five guys don’t like there’s a newcomer there. I’m super, super proud of him. He’s very aggressive. That’s what is required in winning races and ultimately it’s going to get him to where he’s going to be NASCAR champion — his aggression matched with his talent.”

While Chastain was hard on himself, Trackhouse Racing owner Justin Marks defended his driver, who has won two Cup races this year.
“Honestly, I don’t think there’s a single thing Ross Chastain did wrong today, not a single thing,” Marks told NBC Sports. “This is a very, very competitive sport and you fight for every single inch.
“The thing is that he’s a newcomer in the top five and the established top-five guys don’t like there’s a newcomer there. I’m super, super proud of him. He’s very aggressive. That’s what is required in winning races and ultimately it’s going to get him to where he’s going to be NASCAR champion — his aggression matched with his talent.”
I agree 100% with all of this. Ross will be a champion contender this season & for many years to come.

We will see. I think Ross is a talented driver. He admitted fault after the race and I hope he makes amends with other drivers and I hope he makes personal adjustments that allow him to remain competitive without running anyone over.
So, this is where it gets silly.....If the guy admits accidental fault, does he "have one coming"? Fencing him does what? Helps him to be more perfect? This is a game about getting into Ross' head. I would have advised him to keep his mouth shut, and just keep driving...because I betcha that is what he is going to do anyways. He is questioning where the line is.....others won't. Why isn't Ross getting the free pass Briscoe gets?

I hope he keeps the “didn’t do anything wrong” attitude when his driver is on the other end of it.

Hamlin's "meaningful" comment tells me last race of a playoff round.

I was angry at Ross Chastain and his stupid moves during the race. It was beyond aggressive driving and instead of taking a deep breath or two to settle down and realize he couldn't get a handle on things, he continued to push, meaning, being aggressive.

I remained angry because I knew he has the ability to make good finishes happen without being a jerk but my dismay quickly settled into one of admiration during the interview when he showed his true character and admitted he was over his head all day and pin pointed the issues he created without blaming anyone else. It was all on him and very few drivers are willing to do that. He knows what he did, fessed up and said he expects payback.
Ross Chastain will win and win again and be a force to be reckoned with in the future. He's proven he's the right guy at the right time for this sport when it seems all people in any walk of life do is blame everyone else for their own dumb mistakes.

Ross, you da man!! 👍

I didn't see any stupid moves myself, I thought he should have moved Hamlin long before he did. In the first stage, Hamlin was obviously slower, but instead of letting Ross have the spot, and getting his car better, Hamlin pulls a Logano and blocks him high and low. Perfectly OK to do, but so is getting your ass moved.

That's what is funny to me about all of this..will the innocent driver please stand up....we're waiting. lol. Most of them have told themselves B.S. alibis so many times they believe them. They are scared of Ross so the dog pile on begins. Two wins, barely out of second place, he has out raced a whole bunch of them. They don't like that one bit.

There was a guy that came in to NASCAR and was very aggressive just like Chastain, he angered a lot of drivers with his aggressive driving but he was a winner. After having pissed off some of the elite drivers and putting a few out of commision,he rose during the drivers meeting at Talladega and apologised and said he would do better.

"A lot of drivers have lost respect for me, and that hurts," he said that Sunday morning. "I know I've driven too aggressively at times, and I'm trying hard to be more patient.

"I want to earn everyone's respect and make this fun again. I hope you'll give me another shot at that.

They did and the rest is history, His name?.................. Ernie Irvan

Ernie had 15 wins in 12 years of Cup. He was fun to watch, decent driver but not great. Maybe Ross can get 15.
I think that was mainly due to injuries. He could have had a lot more.

But tbh with that being said, while I was a HUGE SR fan growing up (10 years old in 2001, And later a JR fan all the way up until he retired), Ross reminds me more of Dale Earnhardt than anyone has for a long time.
I say this and I definitely mean no disrespect to SR or to Ross for that matter when I say Ross is damn sure never going to be anywhere near being on the same level. TBH, no one ever will be IMO. But some of the similarities are unmistakeable, kind of like when people compare basketball players to Michael Jordan.

There was a guy that came in to NASCAR and was very aggressive just like Chastain, he angered a lot of drivers with his aggressive driving but he was a winner. After having pissed off some of the elite drivers and putting a few out of commision,he rose during the drivers meeting at Talladega and apologised and said he would do better.

"A lot of drivers have lost respect for me, and that hurts," he said that Sunday morning. "I know I've driven too aggressively at times, and I'm trying hard to be more patient.

"I want to earn everyone's respect and make this fun again. I hope you'll give me another shot at that.

This is nowhere near the same sport as when Ernie was doing that. Nobody blocked or raced anyone like the current drivers do now. If that was the case now we'd have 36 drivers up there apologizing for racing others too hard.......

This is nowhere near the same sport as when Ernie was doing that. Nobody blocked or raced anyone like the current drivers do now. If that was the case now we'd have 36 drivers up there apologizing for racing others too hard.......
We can debate what kind of sport it was later, the point was Irvan came in like a lion same as Chastain.

We can debate what kind of sport it was later, the point was Irvan came in like a lion same as Chastain.
Guy has made 130 cup starts, he came in a long time ago. Yeah Ross has made some mistakes but IMO he's a lot like Newman, guys don't like him because he races them them too hard.

Guy has made 130 cup starts, he came in a long time ago. Yeah Ross has made some mistakes but IMO he's a lot like Newman, guys don't like him because he races them them too hard.
He just got a car that runs upfront with the leaders, Irvan didnt come in with first class stuff either. My point still solidly stands

Yeah...Why doesn't everybody race like that if it is admirable....same with Newman? I hear that crap all of the time--hard racer--what does that even mean besides it's an excuse when he does something stupid?

Fabulous post. I love Ernie. Of note....he didn't ****** text something or say something to a reporter.....he stood up in front of his peers. Balls.

That's what is funny to me about all of this..will the innocent driver please stand up....we're waiting. lol. Most of them have told themselves B.S. alibis so many times they believe them. They are scared of Ross so the dog pile on begins. Two wins, barely out of second place, he has out raced a whole bunch of them. They don't like that one bit.
I so agree with this 100%....but then, what is Ross's play? I hated that he apologized....but, if this is part of his play--a mind game.....I like it.

Back
Top Bottom