See any good movies lately?

Finally watched Top Gun Maverick and wow that's a really good movie. I watched Elvis a couple months ago and that was also very good.
Agreed on both. I was not expecting to like Maverick as much as I did. Second best movie of the year IMO.

2022 was a very good year for movies.

The wife and I got in "A Man Called Otto" last week.
Our first movie date since Covid. She had read the book
the movie was based on and was curious to see how it played
out on screen. She gave it an 8/10 and I give it a 7/10.
It keeps you engaged . I thought the kids in the movie did
a really good job and wished they had a bigger part.
I saw this over the weekend and just thought it was kinda meh. It tried to be a tearjerker but it just didn’t pull me in for some reason. I’d probably give it like a 5/10.

Probably not many slasher fans here, but I really enjoyed Scream 6! The scenes were drawn out and much more suspenseful than the previous movie.

Across the Spider-Verse is quite possibly the greatest Spider-Man movie of all.

Apparently, it's following in the mold some of last year's cinematic masterpiece, Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Dead Reckoning Part One is the longest Mission: Impossible film to date, but still a blast from start to finish. Fun.

Across the Spider-Verse is quite possibly the greatest Spider-Man movie of all.
Just looked at the trailer. Being a fan of the Toby McGuire stuff , it would
be impossible for me to turn the switch to animation. I am intrigued
about the Mission Impossible movie. Those have always been good rides.

Dead Reckoning Part One is the longest Mission: Impossible film to date, but still a blast from start to finish. Fun.
Wife and I going Tuesday to see it.

We watched Ford vs, Ferrari yesterday on DVD. Great movie. I particularly like the part where Henry Ford Jr. takes a ride in a GT40.

Just looked at the trailer. Being a fan of the Toby McGuire stuff , it would
be impossible for me to turn the switch to animation. I am intrigued
about the Mission Impossible movie. Those have always been good rides.
I didn’t have much interest until I checked out Into The Spider-Verse a couple of years ago and wondered why I hadn’t done so earlier. I think, at worst, Into/Across are the two best successive SM movies since Tobey was in SM and SM2 back in the day.

After watching Ford vs Ferrari for the second time, it raises a lot of questions in my mind.
1. Ford was not interested in racing LaMons , yet they already had a 289 CID GT40 prototype in England, they flew it in and Shelby was surprised.
2. Shelby is in charge yet, he wanted more HP and bingo bango another GT40 come in from England with a 427 CID in it? Again surprised.
3. Shelby goes to Daytona and what do ya know, there are three other GT40 teams there, supported by Ford, to compete with.

Great movie, yes. But there are a lot of holes in the story.

After watching Ford vs Ferrari for the second time, it raises a lot of questions in my mind.
1. Ford was not interested in racing LaMons , yet they already had a 289 CID GT40 prototype in England, they flew it in and Shelby was surprised.
2. Shelby is in charge yet, he wanted more HP and bingo bango another GT40 come in from England with a 427 CID in it? Again surprised.
3. Shelby goes to Daytona and what do ya know, there are three other GT40 teams there, supported by Ford, to compete with.

Great movie, yes. But there are a lot of holes in the story.
I watched it in theaters so you have me thinking I’m due for a rewatch now.

I think they skipped a year of development in the film, Ford had two rough attempts in ‘64 and ‘65, I think they only showed the follow-up to one.

Ford did have Holman-Moody and one other factory team that year, I forget who. But there was some real intrateam rivalry with the sports car guys and the stock car guys (“******* NASCAR crew”) as well.

Some artistic liberties were taken for sure but I think it was the best big Hollywood attempt at a racing movie in a long time. Ken Miles was sort of lost to history so it’s great that someone took his story to the big screen.

I watched it in theaters so you have me thinking I’m due for a rewatch now.

I think they skipped a year of development in the film, Ford had two rough attempts in ‘64 and ‘65, I think they only showed the follow-up to one.

Ford did have Holman-Moody and one other factory team that year, I forget who. But there was some real intrateam rivalry with the sports car guys and the stock car guys (“******* NASCAR crew”) as well.

Some artistic liberties were taken for sure but I think it was the best big Hollywood attempt at a racing movie in a long time. Ken Miles was sort of lost to history so it’s great that someone took his story to the big screen.
Amazon has DVD's for 7 bucks.

Oppenheimer was riveting, gonna win a lot of awards. Christopher Nolan knocked it out of the park again and Ludwig Göransson put together a phenomenal score.

Finally saw it today. Riveting is a good word. It's remarkable that anyone can make a movie about such dry subject matter and have it feel like such a thriller. I'm not generally a fan of three hour epics, but the pacing is so brisk that I don't think it's overlong at all. Maybe the writing in a couple scenes is a bit pat and forced, but what a brilliant exercise in filmmaking. Murphy and Downey are astounding.

Watched Parasite over the weekend, I can see why it won Best Picture a few years ago. You have to read subtitles the whole time because it’s a Korean movie, but I thought it was really good and it definitely sticks with you.

Watched the movie “Totally Killer” on Amazon last night. It’s another confusing time machine movie, but it was quite entertaining. I’d watch it again.

Watched Ford vs Ferrari yesterday, again, love that movie.

That movie and Ron Howard's Rush are fantastic racing movies.

I'm actually surprised Rush hasn't gotten second life with the rise of F1.

I want to see Murders of the Flower Moon but the $25 price tag is a big ask, especially when it's going to be on Apple TV+ for free in less than a month most likely.

I watched a movie this weekend called "Alpha".
It is about a young mans survival during the prehistoric age about 20,000 years ago.
Excellent movie.

watched Grans Turismo last night thought it was pretty good, and more on the realistic side of racing for Hollywood

Back
Top Bottom