See any good movies lately?

The Lone Ranger wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

I laughed out loud at Despicable Me 2, great movie.

Johnny Knoxville's Bad Grampa has been nominated for an Oscar. No I'm not kidding, it was nominated for best hair and makeup. Not one of the bigger awards but still an Oscar none the less.

You guys probably hate it when I bring up older movies, but I just watched The One (the one from 2003) last night. It was really good. It was an ABC Family movie, so you kind of know what to expect there. But, it had some really funny parts in it. Meredith Monroe was reason enough for me to watch it and I was glad I did. I don't always want to be F-bombed to death anymore when I watch a movie or see nothing but stupid junior high sexual humor passed off as actually funny. My 17 yr old daughter and I have been watching a fair amount of these ABC Family and Lifetime Movie Network movies lately. She wants nothing to do with murder or heavy sexual content so this is right up her alley. I love spending the time with her too.

Ok, I watched Friday The 13th last night. It was the 2009 version with Amanda Righetti, Danielle Panabaker, Jared Padalecki and a few others in it. It was pretty good. Panabaker and Righetti are both smoking hot and are worth the time in their own right. My 16 year old daughter really wanted to watch this with me, so I recorded it off of FX or one of those that edits out the nudity and language. She liked it but was pretty unhappy with the ending. (*Spoiler Alert*) Apparently, she doesn't grasp the concept that Jason can never really be killed.

As you can tell, although my daughters are a little less than a year apart, they are vastly different in many ways.

I saw Frozen, it was really really well done. Best Disney movie I've ever seen.

Watched Captain Phillips last night. I thought it was very well done, definitely worthy of the Best Picture nomination.

I just watched Rocky IV again the other night. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it, but I am kind of a Rocky junkie. What can I say? I hadn't seen IV in a while though. It was a little cheesier than I remembered, but it was still great. The part where he is training in Siberia makes the whole movie to me.

I don't care what ya say, the original Die Hard is the ultimate guy movie. We can forgot the last few Die Hard films because they were........yeah.

Confessions of a Brazilian Call Girl

Netflix reccomended and I watched. Dont hate. :D

Finally got around to watching Man of Steel. Started out great, but so many scenes got stretched out so damn long. By the time it was over....meh.

Just saw Homefront. Not a James Franco fan so I almost passed on it. I'm glad I didn't though because it was a solid action flick. Yeah some of the action scenes are a little unrealistic but nothing unusual for an action movie.

Back
Top Bottom