Showdown and All-Star race thread

Past champions don't automatically qualify for the All-Star race anymore? :confused:

I guess the start and parks will race for anything. I bet they didn't even have the fuel cell half full.
At some point don't they have to be losing money? I remember the Front Row Motorsports cars weren't going to show up this weekend until the Talladega 1-2 and I'm assuming that's why.

Danica defintly has to be giving them all star boys the diarrhea's. She ran 10 in the first 20 laps, -14 seconds.
2nd 20 laps top NINE, -12 seconds.

2 secs and a postion better every race, by the 5th segment, she will be top 5 and on the same straight.

She also almost beat Travis Kawful, and she did beat London Cossells. Bet all the woman haters feel stupid now.:)

Danica defintly has to be giving them all star boys the diarrhea's. She ran 10 in the first 20 laps, -14 seconds.
2nd 20 laps top NINE, -12 seconds.

2 secs and a postion better every race, by the 5th segment, she will be top 5 and on the same straight.

She also almost beat Travis Kawful, and she did beat London Cossells. Bet all the woman haters feel stupid now.:)

You're sarcasm isn't funny! Okay...maybe just a little. :)

For the win, I gotta go with Kenseth. He's been too good this year.

What I read was past champs and winners of this the last 10 years.

I could swear Chris Myers said just past winners from the past 10 years. Like StandOnIt, I can't keep up with all these rule changes.

At some point don't they have to be losing money? I remember the Front Row Motorsports cars weren't going to show up this weekend until the Talladega 1-2 and I'm assuming that's why.

Yeah, true, but I'm guessing this is a cheap travel date for many start and parks since it is at Concord.

1st criteria: Drivers who have won races in the current and preceding year. If a driver leaves a team with which he has won a race, he remains eligible (through the last race before The All-Star Race), the team does NOT
2nd criteria: Drivers who are past Sprint Cup champions in the last 10 years
3rd criteria: Drivers who have won The All-Star Race in the past 10 years
4th criteria: The winning driver of the Sprint Showdown
5th criteria: Driver who finishes 2nd in the Sprint Showdown
6th criteria: Driver voted in by the fans

From Jayski

see that is what gives me a headache, I know David won a race so he got in, but how did gilliland get in..or was he in? where is my aspirin bottle.o_O

1st criteria: Drivers who have won races in the current and preceding year. If a driver leaves a team with which he has won a race, he remains eligible (through the last race before The All-Star Race), the team does NOT
2nd criteria: Drivers who are past Sprint Cup champions in the last 10 years
3rd criteria: Drivers who have won The All-Star Race in the past 10 years
4th criteria: The winning driver of the Sprint Showdown
5th criteria: Driver who finishes 2nd in the Sprint Showdown
6th criteria: Driver voted in by the fans
(rules below table)
From Jayski

Seems simple enough.

no boogity ta start showdown.

dw savin it fer next race? .......or did speed nix that ?

see that is what gives me a headache, I know David won a race so he got in, but how did gilliland get in..or was he in? where is my aspirin bottle.o_O
Ragan was locked into the All-Star Race with that win. Gilliland still had to run the Showdown earlier to have a shot at advancing.

Gilliland was in the Showdown - not the upcoming race.

My God, please run the lady off singing the national anthem. :eek:

I try not to be harsh on national anthem singers.

But that was awful.

There is nothing patriotic about that. Figures she is not from the U.S., although folks from this country have done even worse.

Please just let the driver's kids sing it, or a marching band so everyone can sing along.

Why do they have the crew guys push the car out now? I liked when they ran around and gave the crowd high fives like they were the stars. Can't believe NASCAR found a way to ruin the cool driver introductions.

48 is the smart choice, 14 would make happy time win, 78 rides the horse that is dark.

Back
Top Bottom