Showdown Race Thread

I said it on here a week ago. Those reddit guys said they'd get him in.

It's still surprising that he beat danica.

I will cheer for uncle harv and boss tony tommorow...

but Im pretty bummed

I just searched him on reddit. They've been hyping the vote for daze.

i guess the ones' who vote for her in most popular driver, skipped this vote.

Guys its not that hard to wrap your minds around. Reddit is an immense online community that calls itself the "first page of the internet" and honestly I do not think they are lying. Everything news, entertainment, sports, and more passes through that site first before it gets anywhere else. Josh Wise's sponsor, the dogecoin, is reddit inspired. 114.9 million people are members on reddit as of April 2014.

you do the math

I'm glad he got voted in. The people have spoken :salute:

Can't wait to see Wise light it up tomorrow!!!!!

**** reddit. I'd much rather watch Dillon or Larson or even Danica tomorrow.

Screw that. If the choice was between Jose Wise and Danica Patrick...I'll take Wise 100 times out of 100. He's had to work for what he has gotten in NASCAR. He wasn't gifted a top half ride on nothing but marketability.

Obviously we'd all rather have Dillon or Larson. But those weren't the choices.

Can't wait to see Wise light it up tomorrow!!!!!

**** reddit. I'd much rather watch Dillon or Larson or even Danica tomorrow.
Yeah, I voted Larson but I guess it'll help Wise secure sponsorship.
Shows the power of the web. In a way it's kinda cool they got it done.
Then again, does it mean that there's more doggy coin fans than actual, serious nascar fans?

Guys its not that hard to wrap your minds around. Reddit is an immense online community that calls itself the "first page of the internet" and honestly I do not think they are lying. Everything news, entertainment, sports, and more passes through that site first before it gets anywhere else. Josh Wise's sponsor, the dogecoin, is reddit inspired. 114.9 million people are members on reddit as of April 2014.

you do the math

I'm glad he got voted in. The people have spoken :salute:
Apparently, "the people" aren't NASCAR fans and know nothing about the sport. ;)
Good thing Beyoncé isn't sponsored by Reddit or she'd be bringing out the first caution tomorrow night.

FL called it even before the race started.
I've been saying Bowyer was the car to beat since showdown practice :confused:
Also said that Ambrose would be fast - finished 3rd.

They're just the common sense fastest drivers in the showdown. AJ was a surprise to me seeing as he was not here last year.

I put this in the "Fan vote thread" but here it is.

I underestimated the power of fake money. They bought his way in but hell he's in and that's all that counts.

Josh Wise? Somebody rigged that vote..........

Nah, that's just Reddit in action for you.

Honestly, the NPAS (NASCAR Peak Anti-Freeze Series (iRacing)) Showdown was more exciting than this one. This was a pretty boring race.

Apparently, "the people" aren't NASCAR fans and know nothing about the sport. ;)
They know how to come together and give an otherwise unknown driver a moment in the limelight. There's no doubt that NASCAR is dominated by HMS, R-Y, JGR, SHR, and RCR. It's great that 1 car teams get their name out their. It's good for the sport imo. Danica wont be in the all-star race. NASCAR didnt cave in on itself... she isnt needed as much as people think.

Thank God for Reddit. Danica has all the money on her side and still couldn't punch final option BS ticket into the race.

I could maybe understand if it were Dillon, but Wise?

You have to understand, it was Reddit that got Wise the Dogecoin sponsorship in the first place. If they could do that for a driver, what make you think they can't also vote him into the All-Star race?

Everyone losing their **** over Wise being in teh All Star race. I have no idea why.

There are basically just a handfull of cars that will have a chance to win it.

Wise is going to be but an after thought in this race so I dont get the hate. Let him have his moment.

Screw that. If the choice was between Jose Wise and Danica Patrick...I'll take Wise 100 times out of 100. He's had to work for what he has gotten in NASCAR. He wasn't gifted a top half ride on nothing but marketability.

Obviously we'd all rather have Dillon or Larson. But those weren't the choices.

Ehh,....not exactly, Reddit saw a chance to put Dogecoin on a NASCAR race car and they swarmed all over that. The Internet can be pretty stupid sometimes.

114.9 million people are members on reddit as of April 2014.

GoDaddy fans
SHR fans
Women
DanicaFreak

should be about 115 million people......
rofl2_zpsebba9e1b.gif

Back
Top Bottom