SILLY SEASON 2018

Actually I’m hearing FRM could be shaking some things up - but it has nothing to do with RFR.

What I'd heard was RFR purchasing the 38 "team" (basically moving it over to in-house, I assume?)

Any rumblings from RFR? Newmark didn't seem at all as certain about their status as he did back in the spring. I'm sure making the playoffs in both series, solidifying sponsorships on all the cars, etc has pushed that a bit more, but I wonder how set they are with just two given that third charter coming back to them?

I've heard other non-related talks on the current driver line-up at FRM, but as a Danica supporter and long-time Roush fan, I was pushing for that combo LOL

What I'd heard was RFR purchasing the 38 "team" (basically moving it over to in-house, I assume?)

Any rumblings from RFR? Newmark didn't seem at all as certain about their status as he did back in the spring. I'm sure making the playoffs in both series, solidifying sponsorships on all the cars, etc has pushed that a bit more, but I wonder how set they are with just two given that third charter coming back to them?

I've heard other non-related talks on the current driver line-up at FRM, but as a Danica supporter and long-time Roush fan, I was pushing for that combo LOL
I can only hope u r right. PLUS DP did have some training from mark martin......

If the RPM technical alliance with RCR has fallen apart as I've heard, RCR is probably looking to replace them.

Really i didnt know that was falling apart. They cant come to an agreement? Or sponsorship?

@Allenbaba Brian France keeps mentioning two manufacturers are interested in joining the sport. We know about Dodge, but have you heard who the other is? I keep seeing Nissan mentioned in various places.

@Allenbaba Brian France keeps mentioning two manufacturers are interested in joining the sport. We know about Dodge, but have you heard who the other is? I keep seeing Nissan mentioned in various places.

It is to Nascar's benefit to have it seem as if new manufacturers, sponsors, title sponsors and other partners are wanting to join up with the series so I take anything they say with a grain of salt. Don't forget that Brian France says they racing today has never been better.

Is $8 million not reaso
He’s got the resume for sure, but damn! 8 million is a lot. I always assumed top drivers pulled down big contracts...but this really opened my eyes.

It’s like he’s of a mind to retire, but if that 8 mil materialized he could do another year.

I thought 8 million was kind of low but I guess not. These drivers should be making alot more than that in my opinion and 8 million should be rookie level pay.

Is $8 million not reaso

I thought 8 million was kind of low but I guess not. These drivers should be making alot more than that in my opinion and 8 million should be rookie level pay.

It is funny how 2 people can look at the same thing and see different things as 8 million per seems light to you but exorbitant to me. 25K to 50K per race seems more than fair to me but the market will sort it all out and everyone will get the going rate whatever that may be.

So Roush possibly brings back the #97 and gets Patrick and Stenhouse on the same team. And as potential sponsors become aware of the inevitable media hysteria, money starts rolling in.

Yeah, I can see that as media attention is a much sought after commodity these days.

So Roush possibly brings back the #97 and gets Patrick and Stenhouse on the same team. And as potential sponsors become aware of the inevitable media hysteria, money starts rolling in.

Yeah, I can see that as media attention is a much sought after commodity these days.

I would love it if DP got a ride with RFR or another team and had her best season ever as the posts and material it generated would be delish.

It is funny how 2 people can look at the same thing and see different things as 8 million per seems light to you but exorbitant to me. 25K to 50K per race seems more than fair to me but the market will sort it all out and everyone will get the going rate whatever that may be.

Yes i too thought 8mil sounded crazy. I would expect more like 3 to be a realistic number.

I'm a Kenseth fan but if he doesn't want to race for anything less than 8 million, then he doesn't want to race, IMO.

8 million just seems low to me for a driver. I don't know what any of them make but I guess it less than I thought.

A few years ago, that number probably wasn't out of the question. The landscape is MUCH different today. Teams are having trouble getting that much money in sponsorship TOTAL, so you can't go around paying the driver 90% of the income. No disrespect to Matt either, but he isn't a guy that is likely going to go out and win you 7-8 races, he doesn't sell a tons of merch, and he doesn't appeal to the hot demographic. The only teams that actually might be able afford to pay that much for him don't really need him either.

You really love drama dontcha? if she does leave what ever will you do?

The toughest thing for me would not be losing DP but losing the contributions from her fans as they are a cool and dedicated bunch. Also DP is having an absolutely hideous year as she is 28th in points and there are only 4 others (all scrubs in crap equipment) that are worse than her. It would be good to see her go out on a high note like Jerome Bettis, Peyton Manning or John Elway.

I think Matt put a price up that would make it worth his while to race another year.

If that is truly the case I don't blame him a bit .. it's a dying sport and he's not the least bit fond of the France clan. He has generational wealth .. probably doesn't see the point at putting himself at further risk for pennies on the dollar.

Back
Top Bottom