SILLY SEASON 2019

Meetings are with Joe. I will not release their names as they are not suppose to tell anyone. I won’t post anymore since you guys have a hard time believing. You don’t have to believe it but ridiculous attitudes aren’t needed. Just trying to tell you what I heard and my opinion just like everyone on this board does.
Keep posting. Don't let the doubters bring you down.

Meetings are with Joe. I will not release their names as they are not suppose to tell anyone. I won’t post anymore since you guys have a hard time believing. You don’t have to believe it but ridiculous attitudes aren’t needed. Just trying to tell you what I heard and my opinion just like everyone on this board does.
many posters on here have attitudes for no reason. Hope you're legit if so..... man you've dropped a ton of info!

To be honest every worker with this team is on edge. They have no clue...they were told 2 weeks ago they are racing no matter what then JGR hiked their prices so high it’s just crazy. Now, FRR May close and all these workers moved to Denver from NC for this team and now looking at no jobs. I was told FRR isn’t releasing anything because nothing is final as the are “keep digging” to come up with something to run. I know Joe has been nonstop working. Coors Lite has a meeting with them as well. I will post more when I hear more at Darlington. Again, it’s just what I hear.
met with Coors Lite to sponsor the 78? I'd like that, a Denver company sponsoring a Denver team.

Part of me thinks FRR should be thankful they had JGR support in the first place.. but it sounds like JGR has not given FRR anywhere close to enough time to move on and get ready for 2019

Cutting ties with a team is just fine but the way it's being done is straight up unprofessional

413987522.jpg

To be honest every worker with this team is on edge. They have no clue...they were told 2 weeks ago they are racing no matter what then JGR hiked their prices so high it’s just crazy. Now, FRR May close and all these workers moved to Denver from NC for this team and now looking at no jobs. I was told FRR isn’t releasing anything because nothing is final as the are “keep digging” to come up with something to run. I know Joe has been nonstop working. Coors Lite has a meeting with them as well. I will post more when I hear more at Darlington. Again, it’s just what I hear.

deathbed FRR IMO. rumors of layoffs and other doom an gloom are always around in any shop

When is Dodge coming back with Carl Edwards being announced?

Next year, according to this person on twitter. ;) Or maybe they're trying to say Carl will be back in a Nissan? I find it difficult to understand a lot of what this person writes.

Part of me thinks FRR should be thankful they had JGR support in the first place.. but it sounds like JGR has not given FRR anywhere close to enough time to move on and get ready for 2019

Cutting ties with a team is just fine but the way it's being done is straight up unprofessional

They were still the best RCR team in 2015.

Your comments are a welcome addition to the forum. Thank you for joining, and hopefully you stick around and continue to post. :cheers:

to be honest, I find this gentleman posting today about FRR/Toyota/JGR divorce more believable than the fellow that was ADAMANT this past February that Dodge was coming back with RCR and having a big to do during Speedweeks. Needless to say that never happened, I called the fellow out on it..... and havent heard back since. I wonder what happened to that "Dodge Insider" , I'm still waiting for that press conference while clutching my Dodge Pom Poms

They were still the best RCR team in 2015.
Duly noted and a fact sometimes lost around here, MTJ and FRR have been killing it since 2015. They were one of the best Chevy teams then, I wonder how come Chevy isnt talking to FRR as we speak to make them a deal to come back to Chevy. I find it so hard to believe that they are closing their doors, like you're trying to tell me that Chevy or Ford wouldnt be interested in the Defending Monster Energy Cup Champions? Sure they have to find sponsorship and if Visser doesnt want to run it out of his pocket okay I get that. But to say they are leaving because of soley losing Toyota not sure if I comprehend that.

Next year, according to this person on twitter. ;) Or maybe they're trying to say Carl will be back in a Nissan? I find it difficult to understand a lot of what this person writes.

This is the third time I've seen 'Hotwheelscupseries' referenced today. I'll admit this is the only site I turn to for NASCAR info. Is this person known to be reliable? Any clue who he / she is or if he is connected to the industry?

JGR is pushing out FFR? In a shrinking world of advertising dollars it doesn't surprise me at all. Beating the competition is what it is about. JGR just found a new way to eliminate a competitor and make themselves a bigger fish in a small pond.

I think we might see more of this type of activity as sponsorship dollars continue to leave the industry. "The Big Three" story line isn't making a difference in the ratings and ownership still has to keep their doors open. Yep, this could be the next thing to consolidate money where it has always been. In the upper team's pockets.

I think we might see more of this type of activity as sponsorship dollars continue to leave the industry. "The Big Three" story line isn't making a difference in the ratings and ownership still has to keep their doors open. Yep, this could be the next thing to consolidate money where it has always been. In the upper team's pockets.
If the motivation was money, it didn't work from JGR. They didn't make more money; they're down the $5M they would have received before they upped the price.

I knew he was a jackass when Zippy had to stay for another year and couldn't go with Tony when he left
He's always been a top jack ass in my book, never liked him as the Redskins coach, always seemed like a weasel. His racing exploits havent done much to sway me otherwise. All I know is if they launch Daniel Drive For Diversity Suarez to sign MTJ ( after JGR upped their support price that put the team out of business, no less) then Denny better start watching his back because they will need someone to launch to move Bell up to Cup in 2019.

and then it could be Toyota upped the price to play to Gibbs, or they cut their support. After all they have been blowing money like a drunken sailor. I'll go with Gibbs. Jerking crew mates from a cup winning team in first at the time and doing nothing to KDB's team at Indy? Sure looked like sabatoge, that can kill a teams spirit, the whole team.

JGR is pushing out FFR? In a shrinking world of advertising dollars it doesn't surprise me at all. Beating the competition is what it is about. JGR just found a new way to eliminate a competitor and make themselves a bigger fish in a small pond.
Not to mention poaching their competitor's top talent if the MTJ/CP to the 19 rumors come to fruition. 1/4 of their teams is competitive right now and they found a way to take what the 78 has that they don't.

He's always been a top jack ass in my book, never liked him as the Redskins coach, always seemed like a weasel. His racing exploits havent done much to sway me otherwise. All I know is if they launch Daniel Drive For Diversity Suarez to sign MTJ ( after JGR upped their support price that put the team out of business, no less) then Denny better start watching his back because they will need someone to launch to move Bell up to Cup in 2019.

hell Jones isn't in the clear either. I know I sure wouldn't want to be in Hamlin's, Suarez's OR Jones shoes.

Something that seems really fishy about the whole deal is if jgr is kind of screwing Furniture Row in this deal and Truex is loyal to Furniture Row why would he go to the company that screwed his old company.

If FRR racing does close it's doors to me I would think MTJ would end up in the 41. I can't see JGR taking him if he's lacking sponsor money, which he is and thats what FRR is apparently questionable at this time. I think Arris is too tied to Suarez for them to jump with MTJ and in this economy I don't see any owner turning down sponsorship money and getting rid of a guy that comes with money.

If FRR racing does close it's doors to me I would think MTJ would end up in the 41. I can't see JGR taking him if he's lacking sponsor money, which he is and thats what FRR is apparently questionable at this time. I think Arris is too tied to Suarez for them to jump with MTJ and in this economy I don't see any owner turning down sponsorship money and getting rid of a guy that comes with money.

Carl hinted at "the sponsor thing' when he stepped away from racing.

Back
Top Bottom