Silly Season 2020

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by StandOnIt, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I think it depends a lot on what sponsors are likely to sign long term for better coin.

2. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Peeved for the same reason that Bell is like "Nah, I'm cool with waiting another year" in the hope they come to their damn senses with the formula.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  3. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Would have loved to read the 2017 version of this post where Kenseth is staying as long as he pleases and Suarez is good for a decade minimum and there's room for the whole pipeline over at FRR.

I'm just playing. ;)

4. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

40+ posts over one guy saying he expects to stay in the same seat. :rolleyes:

IanMcVittie and Snappy D like this.
  5. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

It’s silly season. Lmao, I myself thought it’s a little early for this but then you get wondering....the Preacher wouldn’t lead Denny to the slaughter house....would he???

Joker and LewTheShoe like this.
  6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

and you win the lottery. Bets on something is going to happen in Yoder world. Too many Chiefs and not enough horses

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  7. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

It will be fine, but the narrative is sure fun for now, isn't it?

8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Byron fine or Larson fine? :p Personally, I think the one thing that is keeping Bell under the Yota umbrella is the midget and dirt sprint car program. It might keep him in a preacher Xfinity car next year. Unless?

9. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

Naw, the bigger shock was Carl Edwards bailing. Easy to assume that the whole passing out his business card thing was because he had desire. He had desire, but that was more about overalls, a plaid shirt, and God's country.....I guess that's what he is doing....

10. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I think everybody in this thread totally forgot about XCI Racing 81 car is attempting 2 Cup races with Jeffrey Earnhardt with JGR support & finished top 10 at Texas.

Simple Fan and FLRacingFan like this.
  11. Charlie Spencer

Sometimes you get what you really did desire, only to find it wasn't what you thought it would be.

12. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

FS1 pre-race coverage just unloaded on Denny that he might get run-off from JGR after this season.

One of his comebacks was that he'll be "on the couch still getting paid" if that's the case. :D

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

could the Jones boy be family?

LewTheShoe likes this.
  14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

15. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

I would have asked what are the long term plans for Denny???

LewTheShoe likes this.
  16. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

^ I wonder what is going through Kyles head listening to that.

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Kyle will be just fine until one day the Preacher looks at him with a gleam in his eye. :D:rolleyes:. Now the Jones Boy on the other hand as the season wears on the press will be ruthless because they smell a story. I wouldn't think Kyle or any of them will be jumping for joy if Bell gets a cup ride. Bell has shown that he can wheel a car.

18. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

It's simple, he was thinking "why is that old jackass talking about anybody but me".

LewTheShoe, Team Penske and StandOnIt like this.
  19. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Yup. He never truck me as a cunning driver who could get the most out of a poor car.
    I don't think JGR made any improvement dumping the Mexican.
    Kyle's brand is about #1 in Nascar now, negotiating new contracts could get very expensive very soon and if his compensation makes a big jump, Bell's will also.
    Personally I think Bell should consider being #1 at another top team and that could very well be HMS.

dirtfan and LewTheShoe like this.
  20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Kyle has already signed, Truex and Hamlin also if you can believe what Denny said. Eric Jones isn't signed, his contract is up at the end of the season.

21. Charlie Spencer

Kyle's face looks like the final exam for a taxidermy-by-mail school.

LewTheShoe, FLRacingFan and Johali like this.
  22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Nascar turned down the 20 million Monster was paying. Could it be because they were tired of getting screwed around by Monster?

23. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

They just figure they will make more money under the new model and because of that want to get it up and running ASAP. $20M from one partner for one more year or starting getting $20M from multiple partners.

LewTheShoe, StandOnIt and Kiante like this.
  24. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

Monster wanted out and agreed to stay on one year. Nascar cannot get a deal like it used to have with Sprint so it is going with some fuzzy plan that may or may not come to fruition.

25. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

I would be surprised if this plan pans out. I am definitely from Missouri on this initiative.

26. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

To be replaced by Bell??
    Maybe Jones will go be a partner in the second tear team..................... Again.

27. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

you have your facts if ya can call them that wrong..you are a year off. That was last year. o_O

28. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I like them trying this system, its been proven to work. Lets just hope it will pan out for them because this could be something great for sport. Its worked previously with other sports, but lets see if it can work for NASCAR.

29. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

Monster did Nascar a solid by hanging around and Nascar would have kept them if they would have signed for longer.

30. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

I agree as I want to see if it works for Nascar. I am skeptical but anything is possible.

31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I don't guess you can read. Take your beer goggles off.

.@MonsterEnergy's offer signals that the company remains satisfied with the @NASCAR title sponsorship, which is worth around $20M annually. Monster is now in talks about becoming a lower-level official partner in the new three-tier model, most likely as a second-tier partner.