Silly Season 2020

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by StandOnIt, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

You know the approval process Toyota had to go through, the engine costs are the mot expensive part of the sport and NASCAR needs to get the spending under control. I think in the beggining they will stay with the built motor and allow the Ilmore then evaluate it after a few years. I look for it soon.

Greg likes this.
  2. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Hell the only difference I can tell on the trucks is the grill anyway

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I don't have a problem with it. It puts the race in the driver's hands more than the car engineers. From what i gathered from Mike Helton and what Penske said awhile back, I think the new car is going to have many standardized parts to cut costs. Nobody has said anything about the engines specifically but it sure falls under that blanket if they decide to cut costs until they bleed.

RacerrecaR and Charlie Spencer like this.
  4. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Yup, especially the Truck chassis which is like a parade float chassis that NASCAR requires gets built and decorated a certain way.

They could go to a functional truck bed where you have to carry a piece of furniture, bags of fertilizer, rake, broom, empty cans of whatever, rubber boots and a shovel. And why aren't they running an Official NASCAR Toolbox back there -- more sponsor money!

Alright, that's about as weird as I can go before I grab my neighbors homegrown and start blazing (which I don't do)..,

5. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

I like the toolbox idea

Greg and RacerrecaR like this.
  6. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

I mean it's a hideous truck built on a minivan frame, but it looks like a truck
    USC90HOT011A021001.jpg

FLRacingFan likes this.
  7. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Remember the Gator

Looks like any other 4 door short bed truck to me, but I'm not a truck guy. Then again, what NASCAR fields aren't trucks anyway.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  8. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Personally no. My best friend at R&D went to Purdue with one of the drivers sons

I’m involved more with the quality aspect of vehicles at the East Liberty plant as opposed to the actual design of the cars

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    FLRacingFan likes this.
  9. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Never have been

10. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

@Revman has issued a 1,000% guarantee that it won't happen, but...

The Athletic: Erik Jones, a potential generational talent, could fall victim to Joe Gibbs Racing’s numbers game
    --by David Smith

Link (subscription only):
    https://theathletic.com/1003550/201...im-to-joe-gibbs-racings-good-problem-to-have/

The article begins with a review of how Gibbs whiffed on Logano, then goes on to reveal that Toyota has spent at least $23 million over four years developing Christopher Bell. The dilemma is... Jones looks as good or maybe better than Bell (per Smith's sabermetrics). Smith calls Jones a "potential generational talent." He concludes that somebody is gonna get shafted by Joe Gibbs Racing... Jones, Bell, or Hambone.

Turtle84 and gnomesayin like this.
  11. Charlie Spencer

Too much talent, not enough seats.

Turtle84 likes this.
  12. JBone88

JBone88 JR Nation's last ride

Maybe Toyota shouldn’t have buried their heads in the sand while a championship winning team got ran out of business.

LJ7201, Seedy, Greg and 12 others like this.
  13. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Tony Stewart is probably itching to see Bell get released from JGR.

14. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Custer is next in line for a SHR ride

15. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I'd put Bell in the 14 before Custer, give him a partnership with RWR and give him a SHR eqiupment. Just partner up with the team until further notice until Harvick calls it quits.

16. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Replace Bowyer with Custer, and if Suarez can not get the job done in his stint with a second top-tier team, hmm...

Joker likes this.
  17. Charlie Spencer

The previous post didn't mention Gibbs at all, just Toyota.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2019
  18. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Most of the article was blocked by an add to buy a subscription.

19. Revman

Revman God bless @Johali

David who?

20. Revman

Revman God bless @Johali

Probst said on NASCAR Radio a couple of days ago that spec won't come to Cup. Period.

21. Revman

Revman God bless @Johali

Claire B. Lang reported yesterday that the contract awaits signatures. Subscribe to that crap at your own risk.

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Custer is not that bad, he drives hard
    Jones said that over a month ago. Joe needs a pen?

23. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

LewTheShoe likes this.
  24. Revman

Revman God bless @Johali

25. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I heard KDB is going to start a new Toyota team and be affiliated with JGR . He is currently negotiating with Cole Pearn to be his new CC.

26. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Will it be based in Las Vegas?

Team Penske likes this.
  27. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

My buddy from work @kyle busch 18 has been saying this for about a month now. Not the Pearn part, but KBM becoming a Cup team and JGR affiliate with Kyle running his own car. He doesn't have a source.....he says "just watch, it'll happen" :rolleyes:

28. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

Meh some guy on reddit did that last year and everyone went crazy...

Joker, Kiante and 2 Sweet like this.
  29. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

I believe that a KyBu Cup Team would be awesome to watch emerge; and would respect KyBu if he made that bold attempt.

30. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

and then they can start a new list with kyle as a owner wins.yea

31. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

I can't stand KDB but he'd cement his legacy as one of the best ever if he becomes an owner driver in this day and age.

Snappy D, Team Penske and Ventisca like this.
  32. Madman88

Madman88 Crew Chief

He's done good in the Trucks but the Busch car team didn't do so well.

Blaze likes this.
  33. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

He tried diving in himself with just Monster sponsoring him. Wasn't the greatest move, but it showed just how much effort and support was needed to make it a success. He did the best thing by cutting losses and absorb into JGR's Xfinity team.

34. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Do ya think hey would just add to his total wins in anything Nascar?

acmerocket likes this.
  35. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

JGR and Toyota made him a deal to close shop. JD wanted him adding to JGR totals.
    Remember who makes Xfiniti Toyota Engines.

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Diving in, that's a good one:D. The little Psycho was hanging on to his cup ride and Mars sponsorship at preachers by a thread after he was suspended after the Hornaday stupidity, and his best thinking was to start his own team because there was no place to go if they dumped him. so here he goes competeing against Joe Gibbs in Xfinity among others. Uh duh.

37. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Bold Prediction: Harvick calls it after this year, Custer into the 4. Bowyer stays 1 more year, Bubba into the 14.

Elliott_Fan_9 likes this.
  38. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

OTDIH: 2021

Cup team owner/driver Kyle Busch announces his team will shut down immediately after Joe Gibbs jacked up the technical alliance fee from $3 million per year to $15 million. "I thought we were Family. But we just got Visser'd" said Kyle, who won several races, beating the mothership in the process.

39. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

This thread has turned into not so bold predictions and ways to spend Kyle Busch’s money.

40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

KDB is the comic relief for many of us here, and the comments made by his cool aid committee are the entertainment. :D Don't think I have ever seen somebody crying all the way to the bank before, I thought the saying was a joke until now.