Silly Season 2023

And like I have been saying forever It's a factory team

Ford and Chevrolet ...

Common engine supplier / builder for all branded teams
Engineering, CFD, Finite Element Analysis, wind tunnel data, etc., etc. for all branded teams
Driver Simulator access for all branded teams

Manufacturer-affiliated corporations supply branded teams with sponsorship dollars
Personal services contracts with branded team drivers

Did I miss anything?

Ford and Chevrolet ...

Common engine supplier / builder for all branded teams
Engineering, CFD, Finite Element Analysis, wind tunnel data, etc., etc. for all branded teams
Driver Simulator access for all branded teams

Manufacturer-affiliated corporations supply branded teams with sponsorship dollars
Personal services contracts with branded team drivers

Did I miss anything?

Not even close. That Yota truck team exists because of financing that comes from the sub contractors. Like I said, KDB was little more than a figure head. Tricon or whatever isn't any different, they don't have to worry about sponsorship as long as they jump thru the factory hoops.

Not even close. That Yota truck team exists because of financing that comes from the sub contractors. Like I said, KDB was little more than a figure head. Tricon or whatever isn't any different, they don't have to worry about sponsorship as long as they jump thru the factory hoops.
Obviously due for an edit but at the top of the current list of “partners” on the David Gilliland Racing website is ...

Ford Performance

All 3 of them do it. It ain’t against the law, Okie. 😎

Is there a problem with that?
Well it's apparent you and a couple of others think it is perfectly fine for lower level teams in the Truck series to be competing against a factory team. You seem to have a problem every time it is pointed out. Lopsided competition in the lower series is good right?

I don’t think Toyota have ever been shy about their Truck program having strong factory involvement. DGR was previously the Ford Performance driver development team so I don’t see much difference between the two.
Say the same about JRM, but lets gloss around that point.

This all across feeder series, some marques have ties with teams and thats OK. It's just the way of business.

I don’t think Toyota have ever been shy about their Truck program having strong factory involvement. DGR was previously the Ford Performance driver development team so I don’t see much difference between the two.
You missed the point I was making also. It's one thing to be loosely affiliated with a factory, most teams aren't in the trucks, but when you have all of your major sponsors derived from B2B factory sub contractors, one wonders how much all of this ancillary other things like simulation and tech help etc. costs this team compared to the others.

Say the same about JRM, but lets gloss around that point.

This all across feeder series, some marques have ties with teams and thats OK. It's just the way of business.
I don't see business to business factory sponsorship on JRM Xfinify cars, you?

I don't see business to business factory sponsorship on JRM Xfinify cars, you?
We've seen factory involvement like this for decades and now its a problem when Toyota does it?

I guess Dodge was wrong for years using the companies such as Pennzoil and Mountain Dew, the vending machines they were contracted to use in offices. It's nothing new under the sun and why get mad at Toyota who is willingly shelling out the money for these programs?

It's just so confusing to me.

We've seen factory involvement like this for decades and now its a problem when Toyota does it?

I guess Dodge was wrong for years using the companies such as Pennzoil and Mountain Dew, the vending machines they were contracted to use in offices. It's nothing new under the sun and why get mad at Toyota who is willingly shelling out the money for these programs?

It's just so confusing to me.
Looks like the only one that is mad is you bud. Nobody in the truck series is overwhelmingly financed by their own sub contractors then Toyota's. If my pointing that out is a problem for ya you have the ol' ignore button.
As it is, a small one truck Ford team from Front Row is leading the series and that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling lol.

GM and Ford started lying about their level of involvement in 1957.

2021 Daytona 500 Champion Front Row Motorsports came into NASCAR full-time in 2005. They began part-time in 2004 as Means-Jenkins Motorsports. The team currently has a technical alliance with Roush Fenway Keselowski Racing and also has received support from Ford since 2016.

Looks like the only one that is mad is you bud. Nobody in the truck series is overwhelmingly financed by their own sub contractors then Toyota's. If my pointing that out is a problem for ya you have the ol' ignore button.
As it is, a small one truck Ford team from Front Row is leading the series and that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling lol.
I'm not upset, I'm seriously confused about your stance.

Also, FRM is able to compete because they have fully-funded program as well. Not to mention, there are only like three competitive trucks from Ford.

FRM is not as small as it used to be. Mr. Freeze and Jenkins were pretty serious about being competitive from the jump with Zane.

You missed the point I was making also. It's one thing to be loosely affiliated with a factory, most teams aren't in the trucks, but when you have all of your major sponsors derived from B2B factory sub contractors, one wonders how much all of this ancillary other things like simulation and tech help etc. costs this team compared to the others.
Besides Deegan’s personal Monster backing, the other DGR trucks often run just in Ford branding.

I'm not upset, I'm seriously confused about your stance.

Also, FRM is able to compete because they have fully-funded program as well. Not to mention, there are only like three competitive trucks from Ford.

FRM is not as small as it used to be. Mr. Freeze and Jenkins were pretty serious about being competitive from the jump with Zane.

Once again I pointed out that not only with a name change from KBM to DGM/Tricon, here comes the same sponsorship that KBM had.

Toyota vendors Mobil 1, Safelite, JBL and SiriusXM will move to DGR (renaming to Tricon)

There is nobody close in the truck series that gets a fully sponsored by the factory a multi truck team.

Does GM still use Axalta and other DuPont products in their manufacturing plants worldwide?

Does Ally Bank continue with business practices established decades ago when they operated as GMAC?

The truck series bud...truck series.
I mean, they're not going to send blank trucks out there.

Also, lets not forget about the likes of Goodwrench and now Axalta being used by the likes of RCR and HMS. Hell, Ford debuting the "Powerstroke" brand. HMS using GMAC and at the time Quaker State. Mopar branding with Bob Keselowski... Toyota is smart to use the brands associated with then and if you think about it all, that maybe a big reason why they continue to use brands associated with them is the reason why they continue this method of sponsoring races.

It's not a new concept, Toyota just kind of took it a step further in some cases because the brands they advertise are attainable items. I've purchased JBL products because of the Toyota ads.

The truck series bud...truck series.
Five years old ..,

“ Toyota said FROG, and Gibbs jumped. Gibbs is the main front man to a thinly veiled full factory team IMO. I smelled it when Kenseth got the knife. Barney Visser doesn't have any say about his own (not) pit crew? Lets somebody else destroy his pit crew who BTW were the ones that got Truex out in front of the 18 that started this whole ball rolling. Truex was supposed to lay down on the restart and he didn't, so they get punished. Man this really stinks. Toyota is in the race fixing business.”

I mean, they're not going to send blank trucks out there.

Also, lets not forget about the likes of Goodwrench and now Axalta being used by the likes of RCR and HMS. Hell, Ford debuting the "Powerstroke" brand. HMS using GMAC and at the time Quaker State. Mopar branding with Bob Keselowski... Toyota is smart to use the brands associated with then and if you think about it all, that maybe a big reason why they continue to use brands associated with them is the reason why they continue this method of sponsoring races.
I understand what you are saying but it isn't my point. This is more like buying into a factory franchise. Gilliland uses the word partnership. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to be in the old KBM building.

Eh, I don't mind it. Anything other than "Name Name Racing/Motorsports" is a win for me. I do wonder what Hailie will do next year. Her reputation has now gotten almost as big as her social following. Will be interesting to see what Ford/Teams/Sponsors value most.
Agreed about the name. It's nice to see a bit of creativity for a change.

What do you mean about her reputation?

I'm a big fan of Jeb, but I think he's running out of places to land
313377635_679954213493873_8980104965194037356_n.jpg

I'm a big fan of Jeb, but I think he's running out of places to land View attachment 65852
He tore up a lot of cars this year and Our just stretched themselves thin with three cars.

At worst, Jeb might drive for a JDM or I could see him moving to Jesse Iwuji's team considering he wants to expand. Yeah, its not looking good for ol' Jeb right now.

Back
Top Bottom