Silly Season 2023

I'd be shocked if Chase and Larson don't drive for Hendrick until the end of their career.
Bowman has already said he will stay there for as long as Rick wants him. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon either. It's a family atmosphere at HMS and Rick loves him and his sponsors love him.

Bowman has already said he will stay there for as long as Rick wants him. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon either. It's a family atmosphere at HMS and Rick loves him and his sponsors love him.
Tbh especially after last year I see at least 5, maybe 10 more years with the same line up of all 4 drivers at HMS.

Also while obviously a Chevy guy and not anytime soon if ever, I actually COULD see Chase wanting to eventually try a ford atleast for one season since that's what his dad drove for most of his career. But not saying it will happen.

Maybe Mr. Hendrick will let him drive more dirt races under this new contract.

I recently encountered someone on YouTube who goes by the username "Not Matt Benedetto".
Nothing like defining yourself by referencing someone you oppose. I'm again reminded of the guy I saw at Richmond who watched Jeff Gordon go around for 400 laps so he could give Gordo the finger every single time.

It's business at the end of the day:

I have no earthly idea who and where he’d race for if JGR doesn’t resign him. I still think he’s one of the top 3 drivers in the sport, I can’t fathom him not being in NASCAR next year. Also I find it hilarious that Kyle as a soon to be 37 year old man with an awesome job, beautiful family and a whole hell of a lot of money still comes off as a 17 year old annoyed teenager during some of these pressers....it’s like he kinda never grew up.

I have no earthly idea who and where he’d race for if JGR doesn’t resign him. I still think he’s one of the top 3 drivers in the sport, I can’t fathom him not being in NASCAR next year. Also I find it hilarious that Kyle as a soon to be 37 year old man with an awesome job, beautiful family and a whole hell of a lot of money still comes off as a 17 year old annoyed teenager during some of these pressers....it’s like he kinda never grew up.
23XI is building a bigger shop. Toyota would want Kyle in the fold. Stranger things have (and will) happen.

I have no earthly idea who and where he’d race for if JGR doesn’t resign him. I still think he’s one of the top 3 drivers in the sport, I can’t fathom him not being in NASCAR next year.
A lot of teams would love to have him.

Kyle would be a great addition anywhere, but he's being honest about the situation.
23XI is building a bigger shop. Toyota would want Kyle in the fold. Stranger things have (and will) happen.
23XI needs to focus on improving what they have now. At least give the two car operation a feel for another year before deciding on expansion.

Kyle is a generational talent (despite his charming personality). I can’t fathom a big time team not going the Hendrick/Larson route and self sponsoring if that’s what it took.

I mean, TRD could foot the bill if that’s what it takes. You can’t let a driver of that caliber walk.

Kyle is a generational talent (despite his charming personality). I can’t fathom a big time team not going the Hendrick/Larson route and self sponsoring if that’s what it took.

I mean, TRD could foot the bill if that’s what it takes. You can’t let a driver of that caliber walk.
Bah Gawd, is that Ty Gibbs music!?

I knew Mars leaving was not great news for JGR, but damn man. Is it really going to boil down to sponsorship for a two-time champion for Toyota? I hope not, but business is business.

A lot of teams would love to have him.

Kyle would be a great addition anywhere, but he's being honest about the situation.

23XI needs to focus on improving what they have now. At least give the two car operation a feel for another year before deciding on expansion.

Kurt retires and Kyle takes his place?

It would be funny if kdb wasn’t in a Toyota next year

Lol

36917091-E4A0-43A7-8B23-8853EF10D14E.png

Can’t imagine Rowdy not being at JGR next year. If not, 23XI is a step down and still have a ton of work to do from what we’ve seen so far this year. Toyota and Gibbs will find a way to keep him there. If he walks to a different manufacturer entirely then they presumably lose KBM as well, and that would be a big blow to TRD’s development pipeline.

Can’t imagine Rowdy not being at JGR next year. If not, 23XI is a step down and still have a ton of work to do from what we’ve seen so far this year. Toyota and Gibbs will find a way to keep him there. If he walks to a different manufacturer entirely then they presumably lose KBM as well, and that would be a big blow to TRD’s development pipeline.
Doubt that. All you have to do is look on the side of the KBM trucks. They are all Toyota sponsors. Toyota could buy that shop for pennies on the dollar and put another figurehead in place.
Moot point probably, but I don't think Gibbs is going to get a sweet sponsorship deal like M&M's. Bush has won a total of 4 races in the last three years.

Maybe Kyle Busch Racing to Ford??
Speaking of Ford I saw somewhere (can't remember - maybe Facebook) people mentioning maybe Brad should sign him on etc.

While I don't for a minute see that happening, not because of Brad and Kyle's history, but rather because I want see Kyle wanting to downgrade like that, it WOULD really bring things for circle for Kyle.

Back
Top Bottom