Silly Season 2023

Timmy Hill earning more than Christopher Bell? Wow.
Kinda makes sense since Toyota funded Bell's development so much to get him to this point.

That said this is pure conjecture and just a theory as to why him making 800k may be true if that number even is true. Just a potential rationale for it.

RCR just posted this with the date 8.02.22? Looks like Austin Hill to me
ebb98ea358bac987d7ce812fe7764b91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hmmm...

Maybe Tyler Teddick will drive Chip Ganassi's IndyCar next year, or maybe the McLaren.. :idunno:

(I seriously doubt RCR will have three cup cars in 2023, doubt they'll buy a third charter, and doubt the new hire will be in the 3 car.)

RCR has a history of running one offs, could be the 33 at Talladega or something
I was actually thinking something like this as well. I mean when was the last time we actually sent someone home from a cup race? Only problem is you're losing money running an open car.

Hill probably brings some sort of funding or a sponsor or they have a sponsor

I know the 23XI announcement for Reddick was for '24, and I know RCR said they are dedicated to winning a championship with Reddick in '23 in their statement, but I don't believe it. I think the chances of Reddick running for RCR next year are less than 1%

A new dynamic to this is the Kurt Busch situation. What if he decides to retire at the end of the season?

RCR has a history of running one offs, could be the 33 at Talladega or something
I think you nailed it. Pockrass has an interesting article out this morning that quotes Richard Childress on Tyler Reddick...

"I have a contract with him in 2023," Childress answered when asked if Reddick will be back in the No. 8 car. "He'll be at RCR in 2023."

I think you nailed it. Pockrass has an interesting article out this morning that quotes Richard Childress on Tyler Reddick...

"I have a contract with him in 2023," Childress answered when asked if Reddick will be back in the No. 8 car. "He'll be at RCR in 2023."

Well apparently I'm wrong then lol. I just don't understand the logic behind it. How is this good for Childress? How is this good for Reddick? How is this good for the sponsors? Nobody benefits from a lame duck 2023, IMO.

Well apparently I'm wrong then lol. I just don't understand the logic behind it. How is this good for Childress? How is this good for Reddick? How is this good for the sponsors? Nobody benefits from a lame duck 2023, IMO.
Didn't Kevin finish in the top 5 in points his last year with RCR? That was a lame duck year as well. Didn't seem to hurt anyone including the sponsors

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

if Reddick stays, the only thing I can say is that everyone involved with this deal are professionals. They'll make it work.

How is this good for Childress? How is this good for Reddick? How is this good for the sponsors?
Childress and the sponsors get to keep a proven winner for one more year. Childress gets more time to find a replacement.

Until Kurt's status became an issue, there wasn't anywhere for Tyler to go anyway.

i would wait till the week before the 500 and till reddick sorry we have a new driver for the 8 this year, bye bye dude:whoopee:

i would wait till the week before the 500 and till reddick sorry we have a new driver for the 8 this year, bye bye dude:whoopee:
What Reddick did was perfectly legal. Many of us thought it was a bit low down to go public with it that early. Most of the 23XI fan boys won't think so. If Childress did that he would be out of contract and he could get sued. That isn't legal.

What Reddick did was perfectly legal. Many of us thought it was a bit low down to go public with it that early. Most of the 23XI fan boys won't think so. If Childress did that he would be out of contract and he could get sued. That isn't legal.
dam fun police

Here is my theory on the Kyle Busch saga. Kurt is out with a concussion and for who knows how long. My expectation is that Kurt will retire at the end of the season and Kyle will take over in the 45. This also fits with Gibbs wanting to get Ty into Cup full time. It’s a win for everyone, including Toyota and the Gibbs support shop.

"I have a contract with him in 2023," Childress answered when asked if Reddick will be back in the No. 8 car. "He'll be at RCR in 2023".
Wow, Richard Childress is like the Chip Ganassi of NASCAR.

It would be crazy if both Busch brothers ended up retiring in the same year. They're such a staple name in the sport together, it feels strangely absent imagining them both gone in a flash like that.

Remember that one Daytona 500 like eight years ago that they both sat out for different reasons?

I would think it would be the opposite. Reddick is getting more air time , the gerbils and others have something to talk about. The talking heads all have to ask Childress how it is going.

It would be crazy if both Busch brothers ended up retiring in the same year. They're such a staple name in the sport together, it feels strangely absent imagining them both gone in a flash like that.

Remember that one Daytona 500 like eight years ago that they both sat out for different reasons?
Is that the year [15] Kyle won the won the Championship?

Back
Top Bottom