Silly Season 2023

True, but without one can you get the backing? And can you afford KDB on an uncharted team’s slice of the pie?
Right which was my point (having fun mind you) KDB would be a sponsors dream, Rivals that became friends. Jr has a ton of connections and clearly wants to go CUP racing and with a technical alliance with Hendrick would be a huge draw and intriguing to Kyle.

True, but without one can you get the backing? And can you afford KDB on an uncharted team’s slice of the pie?
OK, "BUD" says we will give you 30 million , they know they will make the show every week, say 8 goes to KDB. Its a win win.

Let's say (for fun) Kurt Busch takes over KBM (conveniently the sign on the outside of the building wouldn't need to be changed) and on his first day as owner he will sign Jimmy Spencer to drive a number 97 truck with Rubbermaid and Sharpie on board for the full schedule. Jimmy is 65, but claims he never forgets how to be a competitive, however he will publicly announce that against all odds he has chosen to forgive and forget his past feud with Kurt Busch and bury the crying towel, and the board of directors at Rubbermaid love it.

Let's say (for fun) Kurt Busch takes over KBM (conveniently the sign on the outside of the building wouldn't need to be changed) and on his first day as owner he will sign Jimmy Spencer to drive a number 97 truck with Rubbermaid and Sharpie on board for the full schedule. Jimmy is 65, but claims he never forgets how to be a competitive, however he will publicly announce that against all odds he has chosen to forgive and forget his past feud with Kurt Busch and bury the crying towel, and the board of directors at Rubbermaid love it.
You could start this rumor on Reddit or something. ROTFLMAO

Lets say you answer the question on post # 877

All kidding aside. Kyle has won 4 races in 3 years. Yeah he's great, but not so great the last three years. His crew chief responsible for most of those wins left to go chief with Bell. He has baggage with a truck team that would need a home somewhere or have to be sold and his age isn't a bonus. I don't think Kelly wouldn't want any part of that.

All kidding aside. Kyle has won 4 races in 3 years. Yeah he's great, but not so great the last three years. His crew chief responsible for most of those wins left to go chief with Bell. He has baggage with a truck team that would need a home somewhere or have to be sold and his age isn't a bonus. I don't think Kelly wouldn't want any part of that.
His truck team doesn't need a home. They literally just need to hang different bodies on the chassis' that they already built at their own facility. KBM is a stand-alone team that could switch manufacturers as easily as any other team. Also funny you say his age isn't a bonus as Dale Jr said on his podcast that came out two days ago how big a deal it is for a team that at age 37 a team will be getting thr statistical peak Kyle Busch for about five more years.

His truck team doesn't need a home. They literally just need to hang different bodies on the chassis' that they already built at their own facility. KBM is a stand-alone team that could switch manufacturers as easily as any other team. Also funny you say his age isn't a bonus as Dale Jr said on his podcast that came out two days ago how big a deal it is for a team that at age 37 a team will be getting thr statistical peak Kyle Busch for about five more years.
Pesky facts!!!!!

I find it funny that some many people are saying how can Toyota let Kyle go after all he's done for them? I ask how can Kyle leave after all they've done for him? Apparently loyalty only works one way

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

They’re building something over there at Petty/GMS

I find it funny that some many people are saying how can Toyota let Kyle go after all he's done for them? I ask how can Kyle leave after all they've done for him? Apparently loyalty only works one way

It isn't a charity though. Kyle and Toyota are only united by business transactions in which both have mutually benefitted from the conditions. Kyle's labor as a driver and owner aren't free, and if a Ford or Chevy team can give him better return on his efforts then he doesn't owe Toyota a discount. Toyota has way deeper pockets than Kyle Busch has. He doesn't need to give them an inch.

JR said on his podcast this week that if he’s ever to go cup racing he’ll be hiring a low budget driver. Even joking that he might have to come back to drive it for free. Figured I’d use it as an opportunity to throw my hot take out there that it will be Josh Berry 😇. (And I’ll probably be wrong) but I’m sticking by it lol.

Apologies for the double post my internet has been spotty this morning

It isn't a charity though. Kyle and Toyota are only united by business transactions in which both have mutually benefitted from the conditions. Kyle's labor as a driver and owner aren't free, and if a Ford or Chevy team can give him better return on his efforts then he doesn't owe Toyota a discount. Toyota has way deeper pockets than Kyle Busch has. He doesn't need to give them an inch.
Well he did. lol

It's the biggest story in the sport at the moment. The most polarizing figure in the sport that could possibly move teams?

Not to mention, most other seats are taken for the '23 season.
That I get and is a good reason for its own thread. Didn't we doit a few years ago with Mat D?

What other silly season news is there even to talk about right now? Erik Jones just re-signed with Petty. That's about it
Bubba stated that he's working on an extension with 23XI, so that's pretty much a lock.

Nothing major is happening and the Matt D stuff escalated because of his own stupidity, but that's JMO.

Can we get a separate KDB silly season thread? This stuff is exhausting.
It would be a shotshow like the Appreciation thread, which has been ruined by the usual unappreacitive goons...
But that was bound to happen...

TRD has done a ton to make Kyle what he is today. Let's not forget his failed year running his own Xfinity car without TRD engines and JGR support. Only win they had all season was with Kurt behind the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom