Silly Season 2023

From the Athletic’s latest silly season dive:

SHR and Kaulig (!!) are two teams viewed as the likeliest suitors for Kyle Busch, according to “people familiar with the situation”.

Smithfield prefers Almirola returns at least part-time for them to continue their sponsorship, and an SHR exec told the Athletic it’s tracking that Aric returns full-time.

Gragson to the 42 expected to be announced soon.

Custer could find himself with SHR-affiliated RWR or back in the Xfinity Series. People within SHR are still high on Preece.

Bubba is closing in on an extension and TRD is happy with him. David Wilson made a comment that Kurt doesn’t seem like the kind of driver to overstay his welcome, and believes he’ll remain with the organization after he stops driving. He foresees an “organized transition” with Reddick coming on. Pretty curious. Granted, maybe Kurt shouldn’t be driving much longer anyways with his concussion.

From the Athletic’s latest silly season dive:

SHR and Kaulig (!!) are two teams viewed as the likeliest suitors for Kyle Busch, according to “people familiar with the situation”.

Smithfield prefers Almirola returns at least part-time for them to continue their sponsorship, and an SHR exec told the Athletic it’s tracking that Aric returns full-time.

Gragson to the 42 expected to be announced soon.

Custer could find himself with SHR-affiliated RWR or back in the Xfinity Series. People within SHR are still high on Preece.

Bubba is closing in on an extension and TRD is happy with him. David Wilson made a comment that Kurt doesn’t seem like the kind of driver to overstay his welcome, and believes he’ll remain with the organization after he stops driving. He foresees an “organized transition” with Reddick coming on. Pretty curious. Granted, maybe Kurt shouldn’t be driving much longer anyways with his concussion.

I've never heard Kyle Busch sound this way before, so laid back and no longer getting the world on the kind of terms he's been used to in the past. I had to double check and make sure it was really him.

Also, why is someone with his driving skills and star quality even in this situation? Is his reputation as a hot head catching up with him?

Also, why is someone with his driving skills and star quality even in this situation? Is his reputation as a hot head catching up with him?

He comes from an era when driver salaries were double today's.

Check out the door-bumper-clear thread they have a 3-5 minute clip talking about it. Denny gave some surprising info that the Forbes' driver salaries' info that everyone had disregarded is actually really accurate.

I wonder how many sponsors are telling JGR that they'd come on board with Ty in the #18 instead of Kyle?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think Kyle is already hooked up somewhere else myself. All they are going to see are mud flaps and tire tracks out of Kyle.

Can we trust a clothing company owned by the Door Bumper Clear crew?

Can we trust a clothing company owned by the Door Bumper Clear crew?

No but I do trust the guy who is like great friends with Chris Rice and works for Kaulig that the conversations are happening

Tony Stewart switched from Chevy to Ford and he may be even more hard headed than KDB.
But he's a smart enough businessman to know what a good deal was.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

We’re all aware that there were no keyboard jockeys involved.

Back
Top Bottom