Silly Season 2024

They basically kicked Gilliland out of his own car to get Smith some seat time this year. But now they are moving forward with Gilliland, and Smith is the afterthought? What changed here? I have nothing against Gilliland, he seems like a fine driver and I think he's about the same age as Smith, but it's just not adding up to me. I don't think Gilliland is bringing much (if any) sponsorship, so the team must really be impressed with him.

They basically kicked Gilliland out of his own car to get Smith some seat time this year. But now they are moving forward with Gilliland, and Smith is the afterthought? What changed here? I have nothing against Gilliland, he seems like a fine driver and I think he's about the same age as Smith, but it's just not adding up to me. I don't think Gilliland is bringing much (if any) sponsorship, so the team must really be impressed with him.
I mean Todd has taken a massive step forward in terms of pace. He's a lot closer to McDowell on weekends on pace and even after a crappy situation, he's taken it on the chin and has improved.

This is good for Ford as a whole. Zane could easily step up to Cup or maybe take a year in Xfinity to figure things out. Either way, it's a win-win for Ford Performance, IMHO.

I mean Todd has taken a massive step forward in terms of pace. He's a lot closer to McDowell on weekends on pace and even after a crappy situation, he's taken it on the chin and has improved.

This is good for Ford as a whole. Zane could easily step up to Cup or maybe take a year in Xfinity to figure things out. Either way, it's a win-win for Ford Performance, IMHO.

That's a solid point. So was your earlier post about the new guys struggling with the adjustment to the Cup car. We have plenty of evidence to suggest that winning in the lower ranks doesn't guarantee anything once you get to Cup.

I'd be willing to bet this wasn't Noah's idea. Everything just seems to convenient to me. Rumors come out he might not be coming back, this gets uncovered, now he asks to be released?........

I wish him the best

FB_IMG_1691540636300.jpg

I'd be willing to bet this wasn't Noah's idea. Everything just seems to convenient to me. Rumors come out he might not be coming back, this gets uncovered, now he asks to be released?........

I wish him the best

View attachment 72110
Eh. There are times it seemed like he didn't want to be there anyway.

But this probably isn't the way he wanted to leave.

But piss off the sponsors, and piss off Jimmie, and well...

That's a solid point. So was your earlier post about the new guys struggling with the adjustment to the Cup car. We have plenty of evidence to suggest that winning in the lower ranks doesn't guarantee anything once you get to Cup.
Yeah, the car doesn't matter, old car, new car whatever.

Eh. There are times it seemed like he didn't want to be there anyway.

But this probably isn't the way he wanted to leave.

But piss off the sponsors, and piss off Jimmie, and well...
I'm thinking the same thing. It didn't turn out a good fit for either party. The continuing saga of Noah Gragson continues. It will all be better when they move to the yotas right? They will suddenly become front runners, flowers and puka shells will come out of the tailpipes as the skip to the winning circle.

I'm thinking the same thing. It didn't turn out a good fit for either party. The continuing saga of Noah Gragson continues. It will all be better when they move to the yotas right? They will suddenly become front runners, flowers and puka shells will come out of the tailpipes as the skip to the winning circle.
Who knows? They'll need better pit crews than 23XI currently have, that's for sure.

19 of the 36 charters are still held by the original owners. In some cases, the car numbers or company name have changed but the charter is still with the original organization.

By car number,

#2, #3, #4, #5 (was 48), #6 (was #16), #8 (was #31), #9, #10, #11, #14, #17, #18, #20, #22, #24, #34 (was #35), #43, #47, #48 (was #88)

"We looked it up, so you don't have to."

19 of the 36 charters are still held by the original owners. In some cases, the car numbers or company name have changed but the charter is still with the original organization.

By car number,

#2, #3, #4, #5 (was 48), #6 (was #16), #8 (was #31), #9, #10, #11, #14, #17, #18, #20, #22, #24, #34 (was #35), #43, #47, #48 (was #88)

"We looked it up, so you don't have to."
54 (was the 18) 👍

I feel like the late 90s - early 2000s rookies were helped by the Cup and Busch car being very similar.

Maybe we should consider going back to that.
I don't think it has gotten worse with the NextGen car though.
Ty is having a considerably better rookie season than Suarez when he debuted for JGR. Bell and Byron didn't have particularly great rookie seasons either.
I don't think moving up to the top level should be easy. Also, the current Xfinity car puts on some great racing so please don't change it.

Always figured Trackhouse was the leader in the clubhouse to sign his services. Wonder what sponsors they have or he’s bringing with, good on them for bringing him here full time next year.

Still, just remember SVG stands for “So Very Green”, hence developmental deal.

I don't think it has gotten worse with the NextGen car though.
Ty is having a considerably better rookie season than Suarez when he debuted for JGR. Bell and Byron didn't have particularly great rookie seasons either.
I don't think moving up to the top level should be easy. Also, the current Xfinity car puts on some great racing so please don't change it.

If I were designing the NextGen, I would've used the Xfinity car as the base.

I wonder if it'll be similar to Ryan Newman's developmental deal in 2001, run different series but not full time in any series.

Definitely smart of SVG and Trackhouse to ignore the Reddit crowd and not rush SVG into something he's not ready for yet.

Trackhouse will probably work SVG hard on the road courses and the big payout tracks like the super speedways doing Cup stuff if I had to guess. Not having a charter will probably throw a kink in the plans for a full time cup ride unless they can conger up one. They might do like Hendrick does use Chevy affiliates to run in the lower series races.

Trackhouse will probably work SVG hard on the road courses and the big payout tracks like the super speedways doing Cup stuff if I had to guess. Not having a charter will probably throw a kink in the plans for a full time cup ride unless they can conger up one. They might do like Hendrick does use Chevy affiliates to run in the lower series races.

I feel like Kaulig is a possibility in Xfinity but if SVG has money, he might get some races with JR Motorsports. RCR could be a possibility too, I guess.

I hope Shane can hold the wheel Sunday. He's probably going to be signing a stack of paper on Saturday. The development approach sounds like it's going to involve agreements with multiple teams.

I wish him the best

View attachment 72110
Hell if he did ask for his release, which he has been rumored to be wanting for a while anyway due to being a Chevy guy, I say they should have let him honor his contract. Seems punishment enough making him drive a damn Yoter for a year or two. :rolleyes: :XXROFL: :newbie:

I just love the idea of guys seeing the value in competing in American motorsports from other disciplines where they're considered a top dog. Three of the best touring car drivers in the world are racing in America between NASCAR and INDYCAR now. No other country has that kind of appeal. NASCAR has been missing that since the newness on Montoya wore off IMO and it adds something to the sport to have it again.

Pretty impressive 23XI is going into their fourth season next year, no Toyota customer team since MWR lasted that long.
That’s because they haven’t come close to a title yet. When they start winning a bunch, the Preacher will come down on them like he did Barney’s team.

That’s because they haven’t come close to a title yet. When they start winning a bunch, the Preacher will come down on them like he did Barney’s team.

Toyota won't let 23XI leave without putting up a fight. Bubba is a sponsor magnet and being associated with Michael Jordan is good for their brand. Denny has more leverage than KFB did.

Back
Top Bottom