Silly Season 2024

Is Zane confirmed out of the 38 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily, but he has zero interest in another year of Trucks. Maybe as a fallback if nothing else comes to fruition.

“People have pulled the experience card, but it would be my fifth year in Trucks, and I don’t want to get further behind for when I do get in a Cup car,” Smith told The Athletic last month.

Smith returning to run in the Truck Series for the team is an option, as Front Row is expected to continue fielding an entry in that series. But whether he pursues that opportunity is undetermined.

This whole things makes no sense to me. Bring those 2 back and tell Zane (allegedly) he's free to look around?

I thought Zane was on a long term deal? Is he allowed to go else but remain under contract? Like a Chris Buescher deal?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Think of it like SVG. SFG is under contract but his Supercar team doesn't have any problem with him going full time in Nascar. Contracts can be waived if both parties agree on the change.

This whole things makes no sense to me. Bring those 2 back and tell Zane (allegedly) he's free to look around?

I thought Zane was on a long term deal? Is he allowed to go else but remain under contract? Like a Chris Buescher deal?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
It was supposed to be through 2026 but it was a heavily option-based contract. Since they don’t have room at the inn for the foreseeable future, they didn’t pick up next year’s so he could look elsewhere.

Zane is going to end up in the SHR #10, unless Almirola and Smithfield both decide to sign a multi-year extension

If he stays in a Ford that is about it, that and RFK. Penske has no room it appears, Front Row is full with 2 cars.

If I'm SHR and there's no guarantee Almirola/Smithfield is sticking around, I am pushing hard for Zane. He could be their best driver in a couple years. I am guessing that's the real reason why Front Row is letting him "look around"....because he has a better option and they know it.

Ford would be crazy to let Zane go anywhere.
Ford also nixed Larson to SHR, seemingly didn’t pursue Kyle Busch in the slightest, and have a development program that pretty much consists of just Hailie Deegan, so nothing would surprise me on their end. Both SHR and RFK are probably pushing for help in securing him, but they do not have a good track record of helping to bring in talent recently.

A lot of smoke.

I'm feeling like SVG will be full time next year with Trackhouse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I figured Cole Custer would end up in the #10 before Smith would.

Yeah, I think that's a very real possibility, but does Custer/Briscoe/Preece have Smith's upside? I have no idea, and it's kind of hard to tell with the way SHR has been running outside of Harvick for the past couple seasons. But I would assume Ford is still pretty high on Smith and wants to keep him in the fold with a competitive team.

Yeah, I think that's a very real possibility, but does Custer/Briscoe/Preece have Smith's upside? I have no idea, and it's kind of hard to tell with the way SHR has been running outside of Harvick for the past couple seasons. But I would assume Ford is still pretty high on Smith and wants to keep him in the fold with a competitive team.
I'm high on Zane, but a lot of the youngsters have been stumped by this new car.

Cindric, Burton, Gilliland, Gragson, all have struggled with it.

I'm high on Zane, but a lot of the youngsters have been stumped by this new car.

Cindric, Burton, Gilliland, Gragson, all have struggled with it.

I feel like the late 90s - early 2000s rookies were helped by the Cup and Busch car being very similar.

Maybe we should consider going back to that.

Or we could tie the can to the asses of people unable to adapt and replace them with more skilled competitors.

I feel like the late 90s - early 2000s rookies were helped by the Cup and Busch car being very similar.

Maybe we should consider going back to that.
Those guys also had a lot more testing back then. Besides the odd tire test every now and then, there isn’t really any on-track testing anymore. It’s all about sim work.

Trackhouse could be dragging their feet to see how he does this weekend at both tracks. It's a big investment to make.
I posted this earlier. This is my impression as well.

It feels like he's going to end up at Trackhouse or they'll buy a charter.

Edit: It feels like he's going to run a few more cup races this year

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nobody is buying or selling a charter until the dispute between NASCAR and the RTA regarding their future is resolved.

I’ll stay out on my limb … SVG will go to Kaulig.

i dont think trackhouse will let him get away,even without a charter.ive really never heard how much a non charter team gets vs a charter team.

i dont think trackhouse will let him get away,even without a charter.ive really never heard how much a non charter team gets vs a charter team.
Hard to tell tbh. But it does make you wonder if Project 91 was an unorthodox way of holding “auditions” etc. Pretty smart..

it would take allot of 40%ers to get you 30 million back.right?
Depends who you are, but yes.

Charters are appreciating assets … that’s where the value lies. Rather like an MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL franchise.

61788e84d2381805b90cc7e5f4c19c4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom