Silly Season 2024

What a way to kill a career.
I don’t know if I see it like that. He’s definitely hindered himself that’s for sure, I dont think he’s getting a competent Xfinity ride either next year….maybe one in trucks, start there and work to the top. Might take some time. I believe in giving a person a second chance if they work to fix their mistake and show they grew from it while also understanding what they did was wrong in the first place. He can also dial down the tough guy antics, stupid haircuts, even stupider sunglasses and just chill the loudness a bit. I’ll be curiously looking in to see if he finds his way back to the top rung.

I don’t know if I see it like that. He’s definitely hindered himself that’s for sure, I dont think he’s getting a competent Xfinity ride either next year….maybe one in trucks, start there and work to the top. Might take some time. I believe in giving a person a second chance if they work to fix their mistake and show they grew from it while also understanding what they did was wrong in the first place. He can also dial down the tough guy antics, stupid haircuts, even stupider sunglasses and just chill the loudness a bit. I’ll be curiously looking in to see if he finds his way back to the top rung.
It takes more than just one offseason to have people completely change your worldview to something beyond 1963, and ESPECIALLY for others to believe you truly mean it.

It takes more than just one offseason to have people completely change your worldview to something beyond 1963, and ESPECIALLY for others to believe you truly mean it.
Agreed, he’s got much uncertainty ahead of him. Uncertainty that he caused by being stupid.

Agreed, he’s got much uncertainty ahead of him. Uncertainty that he caused by being stupid.
That community is under no obligation to EVER forgive him, no matter what he does.

He could give financially to their causes until it permanently lowers his standard of living (and he SHOULD), and they're well and justified within their rights to say "No, you can still f*** off forever."

I follow Lyle Lovett's tour, Leland Sklar and another band member who happens to be black on youtube. They were parking the three busses in Montana at a gig. Two Busses could park in the front and the third parked around the corner down the street a bit.
That bus had the singers and horn players, the steel player etc most on that bus were black people, some white. They all got off and went to lunch in the hall. When they came back, there was a noose hanging off of the mirror.
The singer I follow a couple days later posted how he felt about that, talked with his family, the band and how it affected everybody. I am so tired of this B.S. so damn tired of it.

That community is under no obligation to EVER forgive him, no matter what he does.

He could give financially to their causes until it permanently lowers his standard of living (and he SHOULD), and they're well and justified within their rights to say "No, you can still f*** off forever."
He liked a ****** Instagram post that sure can be considered tasteless and it definitely was unprofessional behavior from his side.

This is a massive overreaction though. There's no reason to destroy his life because of that. There's far worse stuff out there.

He liked a ****** Instagram post that sure can be considered tasteless and it definitely was unprofessional behavior from his side.

This is a massive overreaction though. There's no reason to destroy his life because of that. There's far worse stuff out there.

100% agree with you but

Between the ruckus he caused in xfinity, the Chastain fight, the stupid haircut, talking about being ready for next year, I think this is LMCs excuse to get rid of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, does anyone think Jimmie will run in the #42 for at least some of the remaining races? Is he ready to get back in a car after his family tragedy?

I don't think we'll see any Toyota Xfinity drivers as long as there's a bowtie on the hood, but I don't see LMS giving development time to a Chevy driver when they're changing brands.

Back-to-back road courses gives Legacy the luxury of a couple of weeks to make a decision. Rocky's doing Indy and the Glen; it seems reasonable to assume he'll drive the Charlotte Roval too (although JJ never won there and may want to try). That leaves ten open races, including two plate / pack races. Obviously the team isn't competing for either driver or owner championships. So who's in the car?

Seriously, does anyone think Jimmie will run in the #42 for at least some of the remaining races? Is he ready to get back in a car after his family tragedy?

I don't think we'll see any Toyota Xfinity drivers as long as there's a bowtie on the hood, but I don't see LMS giving development time to a Chevy driver when they're changing brands.

Back-to-back road courses gives Legacy the luxury of a couple of weeks to make a decision. Rocky's doing Indy and the Glen; it seems reasonable to assume he'll drive the Charlotte Roval too (although JJ never won there and may want to try). That leaves ten open races, including two plate / pack races. Obviously the team isn't competing for either driver or owner championships. So who's in the car?
I think it's still gonna be Berry for the ovals even though he's gonna be in a Ford next year.
They need to get this car out of the bottom 3 in owner points so they're not really in a position for experiments.

My condolences for whoever gets behind the wheel of the 42.

Don’t lose site of the fact Berry had that car up to 16th before he wiped out sunday. Not that 16th is good but a hell of a lot better than Noah most of the year

A part of me agrees with you especially when I consider all the immature and wreckless things I said as a young man. There were also a lot of bad attitudes I had to unlearn and reject.

So I do not want to go overboard with some counterproductive righteous indignation. But in the end it hard to justify an almost immediate second chance for him in the big leagues while there is an abundance of available young talent without the same baggage. Nascar rides are very corporate dependent and you just have to understand the good citzenship expectations as a matter of survival.

I believe in redemption and I hope he learns from it and eventually makes it back to Cup racing as a better man and driver. But I think that time table is measured in years rather than months.

I didn't know an exact pathway, but maybe he runs something like trucks and progresses back to Xfinity and eventually back to Cup in due time. But I am not even sure he would have currently survived in Cup with a full time ride prior to his social media mistake, based on his poor driving performance. I think he needs to improve on everything and not just on the personal level. Stepping down may have happend anyway.

It the end it can be a positive. It a great thing to see people especially young people learn from their mistakes and become better. I wish the world celebrated that kind of of stuff more than they do.

The reason is to make them serve as a forever warning to others.

If it happened in another country, maybe I'd be able to agree that it's too much.

But in the US, there's a certain shadow that looms too large over all of this.

Todd did a great job after the awkward contract situation at the beginning of the year. He’s earned it.

Hopefully Aric bites the bullet and SHR can find the funds to put Zane in the 10. If not, I wonder if Ford can find an Xfinity ride to stuff him in for next year, with an option for a third RFK Cup entry in 2025. Brad wants to expand, but not in the immediate future.

Todd did a great job after the awkward contract situation at the beginning of the year. He’s earned it.

Hopefully Aric bites the bullet and SHR can find the funds to put Zane in the 10. If not, I wonder if Ford can find an Xfinity ride to stuff him in for next year, with an option for a third RFK Cup entry in 2025. Brad wants to expand, but not in the immediate future.
There has to be some way to force Terrible Herbst out of the 98...

Is Zane confirmed out of the 38 next year?

Is Zane confirmed out of the 38 next year?

It says Zane is free to look elsewhere. In other words he isn't under contract or if he is, it is waived. So anything is possible. We will know what he decides to do when he does it I bet. I can't see him staying if I had to bet, but he is an odd duck. He has said Xfinity is a waste of time. :idunno:

This whole things makes no sense to me. Bring those 2 back and tell Zane (allegedly) he's free to look around?

I thought Zane was on a long term deal? Is he allowed to go else but remain under contract? Like a Chris Buescher deal?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom