Silly Season 2024

Daniel Hemric hasn't done much since winning the championship. Figure he'd be on the level of Justin Allgaier but he drives like Ty Dillon.

Daniel Hemric hasn't done much since winning the championship. Figure he'd be on the level of Justin Allgaier but he drives like Ty Dillon.
Compared to A.J. who at least was a threat on the 6 road courses, Hemric isn't a threat anywhere. He might have an Almirola type career. :idunno:

Hemric really doesn't move the needle, but there are certainly a lot of worse options out there. That being said he's only had one career win across all levels, and he's been in some pretty decent equipment

Hemric really doesn't move the needle, but there are certainly a lot of worse options out there. That being said he's only had one career win across all levels, and he's been in some pretty decent equipment
You could certainly do a lot worse than Hemric, but my philosophy at the Cup level has always been if you can't hire a star, hire somebody who might BECOME a star instead of somebody who has already proven that they likely won't EVER be one. I used to get so tired back in the day of teams that seemed to just keep trading the same old retread drivers back and forth and expecting different results. I'd rather take a shot out of left field and hire somebody that's never had a shot yet, then hire some seat warmer.

i remember when they started looking out side of the same pond.everyone was like who are these kids,it sure changed things.

Hemric is a very good driver. His win column only has 1 win across the top 3 series, but his consistency behind the wheel speaks volumes. Truck stats: 50 starts, 15 top 5s, 30 top 10s. 30% Top 5 rate, 60% top 10 rate.

Xfinity: 180 Starts, 54 top 5s, 100 top 10s. 30% top 5 rate, 55% top 10 rate with a championship in a year JGR wasn’t going to pay him unless he won the title.

He’s not the next Jeff Gordon but how many Busch wins did Jimmie Johnson have before he got in the 48?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemric has already been in cup. He ran 47 cup races including one full year for RCR and his average finish was 22nd for RCR. Unless somehow he is better now than he was then in 2019, and Kaulig has better cars? Well anyway, I don't see a whole lot of differences that standout looking at the specs.

Hemric has already been in cup. He ran 47 cup races including one full year for RCR and his average finish was 22nd for RCR. Unless somehow he is better now than he was then in 2019, and Kaulig has better cars? Well anyway, I don't see a whole lot of differences that standout looking at the specs.
It is my understanding that Hemric is one of the nicest guys in the garage, and a sponsor's dream. I might be wrong, but he is likely bringing money. This has netted him 1 Xfinity win to date. He will be a great fit at Kaulig.

Where is Spire getting all this money to buy another charter? It always appeared that they were a low budget team. Do they have a huge financial backer that I’m not aware of?

I understand they just got Gainbridge onboard, but I wouldn’t think they would invest enough to buy another charter?

Where is Spire getting all this money to buy another charter? It always appeared that they were a low budget team. Do they have a huge financial backer that I’m not aware of?

I understand they just got Gainbridge onboard, but I wouldn’t think they would invest enough to buy another charter?
Group 1001’s (Gainbridge) lead executive is an investor in Andretti Global so there’s probably an increased partnership with the team there. Gainbridge is pretty big to begin with.

Once the new charter deal and TV contract are agreed to the charter should pay for itself anyways. And that’s without considering they could lease or sell the charter to Trackhouse once TH feel they have the capacity for their own entry for Zane.

Andretti / Gainbridge.

Vast resources.

Andretti / Gainbridge.

Vast resources.
Vast isn't even the term.

This company has found a way to make good returns from motorsports advertising. Pretty incredible to see Group 1001's growth.

Really disappointed to see Zane walk from Ford, unless Ford and FRM have a clause a out him going back to a Ford organization when a slot opens up.

Vast isn't even the term.

This company has found a way to make good returns from motorsports advertising. Pretty incredible to see Group 1001's growth.

Really disappointed to see Zane walk from Ford, unless Ford and FRM have a clause an out him going back to a Ford organization when a slot opens up.
I don’t think Marks is someone who would be willing to sign him with such a clause honestly. He is building that team for the long term.

Back
Top Bottom