Silly Season 2024

I was thinking Gragson could end up somewhere. BUT...

Hocevar's 4 races with Legacy (first of his career too)- 11th, 17th, 20th, 36th

Gragson's best 4 finishes this season (22 races)- 12th, 20th, 22nd (2x)

That's pretty damning on Gragson, IMO. Sure it's a small sample size, but to say Hocevar is running circles around Gragson is an understatement.

That's pretty damning on Gragson, IMO. Sure it's a small sample size, but to say Hocevar is running circles around Gragson is an understatement.
But in all fairness they clearly found something because the #43 performance has picked up as of late too

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hocevar WAS a menace on the track, but he's really toned it down and got down to racing hard. I'm sure it's not lost on him that his LMC starts are his "audition" for Cup and he'll do everything he can to prove himself worthy of a Cup ride. The kid can drive, and he's showing the maturity needed to stay out of trouble. Bright Future around the bend...

Look man, Reddit was convinced SVG was the second coming of Richard Petty after Chicago. People jump to wild ass conclusions from small sample sizes.

Reddit in a nutshell, especially the NASCAR subreddit. The knee jerk, over emotional reactions that ignore logic and reason. Bunch of keyboard warriors who never moved out of their parents' house

Hocevar WAS a menace on the track, but he's really toned it down and got down to racing hard. I'm sure it's not lost on him that his LMC starts are his "audition" for Cup and he'll do everything he can to prove himself worthy of a Cup ride. The kid can drive, and he's showing the maturity needed to stay out of trouble. Bright Future around the bend...
Weren't we saying similar things about Gragson around this time last year?

Menace? Give me a break.
Saying Hocevar was a menace when compared to Gragson is quite comical.

Jimmie Johnson gave Carson a big compliment on Twitter earlier in the week. I asked him when they were going to sign him. Maybe something is in the works. Being around that team on Friday at Bristol, it looks like that team really likes him.

Saying Hocevar was a menace when compared to Gragson is quite comical.

Jimmie Johnson gave Carson a big compliment on Twitter earlier in the week. I asked him when they were going to sign him. Maybe something is in the works. Being around that team on Friday at Bristol, it looks like that team really likes him.
There was a period of time last year when menace very accurately described his driving, and I say that as a supporter. He got a VERY strong sitting down and talking to from various parties and has been a different and better driver since then. Like so many young drivers, the speed has always been there. It was the race craft and how he dealt with on track issues that needed work.

There was a period of time last year when menace very accurately described his driving, and I say that as a supporter. He got a VERY strong sitting down and talking to from various parties and has been a different and better driver since then. Like so many young drivers, the speed has always been there. It was the race craft and how he dealt with on track issues that needed work.
More hearsay. Gragson wipes out half of the field on a road course and Hocevar has one door slap that takes HIMSELF out. lol.

More hearsay. Gragson wipes out half of the field on a road course and Hocevar has one door slap that takes HIMSELF out. lol.
Uh, no. There were MULTIPLE incidents, including wrecking people to bring out a caution. He made multiple trips to the NASCAR hauler and there were people demanding he be suspended. He discussed ALL of this on DBC a few weeks ago.

A couple might have been over the line, but when clowns were making it three wide and couldn't stay off of him or were running into him in the middle of corners, I don't have a problem with an 18 year old just starting out. He has shown speed from the jump. Niece hasn't dropped him and he has 3 wins this year.

A couple might have been over the line, but when clowns were making it three wide and couldn't stay off of him or were running into him in the middle of corners, I don't have a problem with an 18 year old just starting out. He has shown speed from the jump. Niece hasn't dropped him and he has 3 wins this year.

You are free to characterize it however you want, but even Carson freely admitted that things had gotten out of hand.

Such BS....on and on and on.....
I’ve heard way too many people actually in the sport say that about Barney and Preacher, so I’ll take their word. I think it was even on DBC last week.

I’ve heard way too many people actually in the sport say that about Barney and Preacher, so I’ll take their word. I think it was even on DBC last week.
It WAS on DBC last week. Regardless of whatever Rev believes is the truth, a LOT of people IN the sport believe Barney got screwed over. Doesn't make it true, but they are a lot closer to the situation than WE are, and if you work in the sport, that doesn't seem like a road to go down unless it's pretty close to the truth.

It WAS on DBC last week. Regardless of whatever Rev believes is the truth, a LOT of people IN the sport believe Barney got screwed over. Doesn't make it true, but they are a lot closer to the situation than WE are, and if you work in the sport, that doesn't seem like a road to go down unless it's pretty close to the truth.
Ironic?? that Truex has the same major sponsor on the car that he supposedly lost with Barney.

He lost 5 hour energy......

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
And Bass Pro Shops that went with Truex. What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars. That was subjective. They gave TRD a third of their championships that took years for Gibbs to get two....probably should have kept and added to Barney and got rid of Gibbs.

What did Barney say?

This is what Barney said...

Visser also wouldn't blame JGR for increasing the price on the alliance. He wouldn't say how much the increase was, but Visser said he was willing to pay his fair share.

"What Joe Gibbs was talking about wasn't ridiculous," Visser said of the alliance fee. "His numbers were purely objective. ... What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars. That was subjective.

"We were very close [to doing the deal] when we lost the big sponsor."

*Bob Pockrass, ESPN, 2018

Why do we keep discussing this? So desperate for the narrative. Comical.

This is what Barney said...

Visser also wouldn't blame JGR for increasing the price on the alliance. He wouldn't say how much the increase was, but Visser said he was willing to pay his fair share.

"What Joe Gibbs was talking about wasn't ridiculous," Visser said of the alliance fee. "His numbers were purely objective. ... What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars. That was subjective.

"We were very close [to doing the deal] when we lost the big sponsor."

*Bob Pockrass, ESPN, 2018

Why do we keep discussing this? So desperate for the narrative. Comical.
Well, people actually IN the sport are still bringing it up. I'm sorry, but Barney's version of events sounds like PR to me, and why was ANY of this even an issue in the first place? JGR COULD have kept going on with business as usual, but chose not to.

Well, people actually IN the sport are still bringing it up. I'm sorry, but Barney's version of events sounds like PR to me, and why was ANY of this even an issue in the first place? JGR COULD have kept going on with business as usual, but chose not to.
I've always wondered if Barney was under a gag order. Leavine "family"clammed up also.

He freaking said it. It wasn't a PR thing. My God sometimes my fanaticism is mirrored by The Narrative. It's. Right. There.

Oh well DBC....has to be so. Got it. SMDH.

Oh well DBC....has to be so. Got it. SMDH.
I hate to pop your balloon, but unlike you or I, they actually WORK in the sport and are well connected. Freddie WORKS for Denny for cripes sakes. You don't think he knows more about that situation than you do? Much like politicians, when car owners, crew chiefs, drivers and NASCAR bigwigs speak, I borrow a phrase from Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone character. "I sift through his words for partial truths..."

I hate to pop your balloon, but unlike you or I, they actually WORK in the sport and are well connected. Freddie WORKS for Denny for cripes sakes. You don't think he knows more about that situation than you do? Much like politicians, when car owners, crew chiefs, drivers and NASCAR bigwigs speak, I borrow a phrase from Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone character. "I sift through his words for partial truths..."
The DBC knows more than the man himself. Got it. Come on man.

Back
Top Bottom